It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mafwek: Not just 2K, we had a plenty of shit from Bethesda as well. I even bought some of it.
ReynardFox: Bethesda support is pretty half hearted though, you'll notice they're only giving us games from franchises that have died or been irrevocably damaged.
I think we'd have missing older stuff by now (Heretic/Hexen, Commander Keen, even original Doom 3+RoE) if not for extra legal issues. And Bethesda might not allow the newer stuff unless GOG agrees to allow Creation Club credits to be bought here (just a guess though).

looking at the Steam list, Rage 1 and Hunted: The Demon's Forge seem like remaining candidates that might have the easiest time appearing. Rogue Warrior was probably rejected but I'd like to see it here for folks.
murkki: Apparently original creator & rights holder of Phantasie-series is interested in bringing his games to GOG.
https://twitter.com/mattbarton/status/1251893601321332737
That would be nice, but I wonder which versions they'd bring?

https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/phantasie-series

Apparently the first and third game appeared on PC (MS-DOS). Also as far as I can see, the DOS versions used the awful CGA graphics, and I am sure they didn't have sound card support either due to their age.

Amiga version of at least Phantasie III was graphically nice and had nice audio too (I played the game on Amiga), but Amiga is apparently missing the second game too. And then I don't know how easy it is to release Amiga versions of games anyway, considering the copyrights of Amiga Kickstart ROMs and Workbench and whatever...

Or then they could go making remakes of them?
ReynardFox: Bethesda support is pretty half hearted though, you'll notice they're only giving us games from franchises that have died or been irrevocably damaged.
Loger13: This is a manipulative statement: to one degree or another, this can now be said about almost all Bethesda's franchises.

The fact is that we began to receive games from their catalog, which were only a few years old, and not as they were before - "nothing newer than 10-year-old" rule.
Manipulative? Since they started releasing stuff here we've been given a few really old games (and not always the best versions, read: Doom 3) but when it comes to newer releases, we've only been given table scraps from franchises Bethesda has ruined. The10 years old rule doesn't work either as the Dishonored sequels came out AFTER the DOOM reboot, so why didn't we get that? Also, where's Skyrim? We didn't get them because they're still active cash cows on Steam.

Dishonored? The Evil Within? Dead, Wolfenstein? Completely derailed by the offensively bad Youngblood. These are no longer making money on Steam, so they threw them on here to grab extra crumbs.
Post edited April 27, 2020 by ReynardFox
tfishell: I think we'd have missing older stuff by now (Heretic/Hexen, Commander Keen, even original Doom 3+RoE) if not for extra legal issues.
Heretic/Hexen, Commander Keen and the originl Doom 3 are all on Steam already however, so I don't see why there's any legal issues there since those games are already actively being sold on a digital platform. Unless I'm missing something obvious here.
Prah: Heretic/Hexen, Commander Keen and the originl Doom 3 are all on Steam already however, so I don't see why there's any legal issues there since those games are already actively being sold on a digital platform. Unless I'm missing something obvious here.
Doom 3 is likely a case of "more expensive remaster is already here, no need to bother with the cheaper original version". As for Commander Keen and Heretic/HeXen, I'll just post my hypothesis again:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/lets_get_commander_keen_on_gog/post4
low rated
Loger13: This is a manipulative statement: to one degree or another, this can now be said about almost all Bethesda's franchises.

The fact is that we began to receive games from their catalog, which were only a few years old, and not as they were before - "nothing newer than 10-year-old" rule.
ReynardFox: Manipulative? Since they started releasing stuff here we've been given a few really old games (and not always the best versions, read: Doom 3) but when it comes to newer releases, we've only been given table scraps from franchises Bethesda has ruined. The10 years old rule doesn't work either as the Dishonored sequels came out AFTER the DOOM reboot, so why didn't we get that? Also, where's Skyrim? We didn't get them because they're still active cash cows on Steam.

Dishonored? The Evil Within? Dead, Wolfenstein? Completely derailed by the offensively bad Youngblood. These are no longer making money on Steam, so they threw them on here to grab extra crumbs.
Is that Young blood that bad? Ruined the other games aswell?
Yeah I would love skyrim Special edit here , but only if it would support the mods the steam version has.
Prah: Heretic/Hexen, Commander Keen and the originl Doom 3 are all on Steam already however, so I don't see why there's any legal issues there since those games are already actively being sold on a digital platform. Unless I'm missing something obvious here.
Grargar: Doom 3 is likely a case of "more expensive remaster is already here, no need to bother with the cheaper original version". As for Commander Keen and Heretic/HeXen, I'll just post my hypothesis again:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/lets_get_commander_keen_on_gog/post4
That makes sense then, thanks!
Mafwek: Not just 2K, we had a plenty of shit from Bethesda as well. I even bought some of it.
Agreed.
Yet at least Bethesda has the "decency" of giving us some scraps which aren't selling as well (even though I suspect Dishonored is still a good seller on steam). I think Square Enix have also ruined Deus Ex somehow and we've yet to see a 3rd game from the series here. And we could also mention some poor sellers from EA, like the last Syndicate FPS, among other stuff.

As for Skyrim, I think something happened along the way. A couple of years ago some folks here found a GOG entry for Skyrim on the site's database. But unlike 90% of other leaks, the game never materialized on the store. Quite strange.
Because of the DLC / mod store "creator's club" in "Skyrim" and "Fallout IV". Bethesda milks the games to the end, they seem to need the money now that everything goes down after "Fallout 76" and the last 2 Wolfensteins flopped...
Post edited April 27, 2020 by Anime-BlackWolf
Anime-BlackWolf: Because of the DLC / mod store "creator's club" in "Skyrim" and "Fallout IV". Bethesda milks the games to the end, they seem to need the money now that everything goes down after "Fallout 76" and the last 2 Wolfensteins flopped...
That's an interesting theory. I had forgotten about the colossal "Flopout 76". I guess that it probably gave Bethesda some severe flak. Specially in such a delicate time, in which they're managing the development of 2 big games (Elders Scrolls 6 and Space game).
Orkhepaj: Is that Young blood that bad? Ruined the other games aswell?
Yes, I can say without hyperbole that Youngblood is indeed that bad. The story is absolute, insulting dreck and retroactively ruins the lore of the franchise (The only way to save it now is a reboot), the protagonists are annoying as all hell and their actions and dialogue are exceedingly cringy, the gameplay loop is reduced to a faux-open-world full of repetitive fetch questing, the forced AI partner is worse than Sheva from RE5 and she will get you killed, also if she goes down and you can't heal her (eg:because she stood in the open in a boss fight) you lose. Even the actual gunplay is broken, because the game forces you to switch between two ammo types to deal with different armor (the wrong ammo being almost useless against the wrong armor), and it has this wonderful habit of locking you into a fight and not giving you enough ammo pickups of the correct type.
Post edited April 27, 2020 by ReynardFox
karnak1: I think Square Enix have also ruined Deus Ex somehow and we've yet to see a 3rd game from the series here.
In Squeenix's case, I'm pretty damn sure we won't be getting any new games from them full stop, they've gone all-in with their love of DRM. I can't see anything, let alone Human Revolution coming here unless serious management shakeup occurs within the company.
karnak1: ...I think Square Enix have also ruined Deus Ex somehow and we've yet to see a 3rd game from the series here...
WTF are you talking about? Third game from Deus Ex series? There is only one Deus Ex game!
Mafwek: There is only one Deus Ex game!
You mean Deus Ex: Human Revolution, right? :P
Frozen: You mean Deus Ex: Human Revolution, right? :P
I mean Deus Ex: the Conspiracy!