It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Don't you think? I mean, considering most of GOG's games are older titles, a lot of which are running on DOSbox, you'd think they would list wether they are compatible with older DxInput controllers.

I'm not sure how configuration for these works on the DOSbox emulator, but surely they can work, would be nice if GOG listed games that support controllers even if they aren't the modern Xinput standrd.
Tairetsu: Don't you think? I mean, considering most of GOG's games are older titles, a lot of which are running on DOSbox, you'd think they would list wether they are compatible with older DxInput controllers.

I'm not sure how configuration for these works on the DOSbox emulator, but surely they can work, would be nice if GOG listed games that support controllers even if they aren't the modern Xinput standrd.
Maybe they think it's easier to let people do a search for themselves.
Tairetsu: Don't you think? I mean, considering most of GOG's games are older titles, a lot of which are running on DOSbox, you'd think they would list wether they are compatible with older DxInput controllers.

Tauto: Maybe they think it's easier to let people do a search for themselves.
Then they should remove the "controller support" tag from all games ;P
Tauto: Maybe they think it's easier to let people do a search for themselves.
Tairetsu: Then they should remove the "controller support" tag from all games ;P
Maybe,never really noticed them.As long as it plays on my pc I'm happy.
I'd like to see how you could tell it what buttons where placed where on your controller, and then name them so you don't have "Press B2 + B6 to run away!"...
rtcvb32: I'd like to see how you could tell it what buttons where placed where on your controller, and then name them so you don't have "Press B2 + B6 to run away!"...
I imagine that would require actual modification of the original game, especially since older joysticks had far from standard layouts unlike the modern ones.
Tairetsu: I imagine that would require actual modification of the original game, especially since older joysticks had far from standard layouts unlike the modern ones.
more than likely there are strings already filled in for the buttons that literally have "B1", "B2", etc. But I don't know. I wouldn't mind finding a way to update the games slightly to fix that.
Tairetsu: I imagine that would require actual modification of the original game, especially since older joysticks had far from standard layouts unlike the modern ones.
rtcvb32: more than likely there are strings already filled in for the buttons that literally have "B1", "B2", etc. But I don't know. I wouldn't mind finding a way to update the games slightly to fix that.
I don't know that much about how older games interacted with joysticks, I know that in older Windows games every button was just a number, and that's why you see "b1 + b2" in a lot of them. But I actually don't know how DOS did it.

In some "more modern" games that still predate Xinput, like, say, RE4, a re-skin of the prompts would probably be enough, but who knows in even older titles.
Post edited November 09, 2016 by Tairetsu