It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

honglath: The Last of Us

I have no intention of going beyond the start of the prologue.
Is this being in no mood for a downer story, which this mostly is, or did you think the events were trashy?
honglath: The Last of Us

I have no intention of going beyond the start of the prologue.
LegoDnD: Is this being in no mood for a downer story, which this mostly is, or did you think the events were trashy?
Too much of a downer.
Assassin's Creed Origins.
Only spent about half an hour on it.

I was expecting a stealthy assassination game. My mistake.
It was more like an action RPG with simplistic combat, picking up loot and levelling up.
Gorgeous game, but just not my cup of tea.
Zafehouse: Diaries

Way too complicated to my taste
The notable one would be Valheim. I can't solo it. I'm not skilled enough.
Warloch_Ahead: Is this about games you deliberately do not intend to play or does it include games that you put off for a while and then either are unable to continue or "eh, I had my fun with it"?
Well, you can't quit something you haven't ever started, regardless of whether your having not started was active ("I will never play this game!") or passive (e.g., "I just haven't gotten around to it yet"). ;)
I'm obviously not the topic creator, but this is the latest in a long line of yearly topics in this forum, and I think traditionally, "games quit" refers to any games you've started, but have pretty much decided to drop indefinitely, if not permanently, for whatever reason (though most often because of some frustration or disgust with one or more element[s] of the games, rather than because of lack of time, hardware problems, etc.).

Personally, I wouldn't count getting bored of/burned out on a game and wandering away from it as "quitting", because it's not like I'm swearing off ever returning to it -- I've got probably one or two dozen games installed that I could realistically see myself returning to whenever, many of which I have returned to periodically over the years, playing my fill before wandering away again for months or even years. (I say "wandering away" because, in these instances, I don't usually make an active decision to not return to the game; I just stop feeling like opening it, and sooner or later, one or more other games end up taking its place.)
LegoDnD: Is this being in no mood for a downer story, which this mostly is, or did you think the events were trashy?
honglath: Too much of a downer.
If you like the setting but enjoy a more traditional happy ending, try Days Gone. I honestly enjoy that game more than TLoU.

If you like the TLoU combat and want a fun but kind of silly story, Resident Evil 4 still holds well even now.
Post edited August 04, 2022 by Tokyo_Bunny_8990
Legend of Kay (Anniversary)

I played this on the PS2 years ago and stopped at the swamp level with the frog village because it became too frustrating for some reason. Now I thought I'd try again with the PC version and Xbox360 controller, and it went well enough. Wild boar races were still a bit annoying and too many, and the camera was not always ideal, but manageable. At some point, I also decided to use a cheat for unlimited lives because I thought the checkpoint system was challenge enough - having to replay a whole level in case you waste all your lives on a tricky spot didn't sound like a fun prospective, so I took this precaution.

And yet, once again, my enjoyment of the game stopped at the swamp and the frog village. It's not just that the area is drab and the level design a bit confusing, or that falling into the swamp is like instant death in most cases but drawn out, giving you two useless little jumps before you go under anyway, or that in this game you can actually run out of air and drown while swimming with your head over water (not diving), but that the fight with the camera was harder and more frustrating inside the frog huts than any of the enemies in the game.

In these sections you're playing a platformer that requires some precision jumps while you are threatened by moving obstacles on top of it, and it won't even let you look up, down or more than a few steps to your left or right. Instead it zooms in very closely, so that all you see is your character and not where he is supposed to jump and not what obstacles are coming in from the side to knock you down. Plus, the jumps are rather unpredictable - sometimes it looks like there's no way you can reach the platform above even with a double jump, sometimes it works regardless, but you can never rely on it. I think I will give up on this game for good and I'll never learn what comes after the swamp. I read that this might be the worst part of the game, but I don't see myself bringing up the patience to try and try again, not when I need to do several precision jumps in a row without actually seeing anything. Even unlimited lives can't remedy this situation.

What is the use of a zoomed-in and severely locked camera in a 3D platformer anyway? It's a real pity how such (very obviously) bad design can ruin a whole game.

EDIT: Never mind, I gave it another try and eventually (almost) beat the game, so it's moved to the Finished thread.
Post edited August 18, 2022 by Leroux
Leroux: What is the use of a zoomed-in and severely locked camera in a 3D platformer anyway? It's a real pity how such (very obviously) bad design can ruin a whole game.
To annoy the player and increase the time that is required to complete the game.
Wallace & Gromit Episode 1

I was enjoying the game but it seems that I've run into a game-breaking bug / dead end now that was never addressed by Telltale, despite being known since 2011. Since the game only has one autosave slot and no manual saving, I'd have to start the episode completely from scratch and avoid doing things in the wrong order this time. That doesn't sound like fun, so I guess I'll stop here. Shame. :(

EDIT: Never mind. It wasn't a dead end after all, just an issue with small hotspots overlapping each other and not being visible even when making the game display all hotspots.
Post edited August 30, 2022 by Leroux
Giving my free copy of Deponia: The Complete Journey a chance just highlights how little patience I have for Point-&-Clicks. I can't even begin the story because I don't know how to catch a defiant toothbrush. Why bother when watching someone else's abridged walkthrough is more fun with better pacing?
Post edited November 23, 2022 by LegoDnD
The Communitree: After completing the first layer, the game becomes boring for a bit. Also, I think the numbers may have gotten to big too early; when you're in the double exponents, the numbers behave strangely, and operations like addition, subtraction, and even multiplication and division no longer have useful behavior.

The Incrementreeverse: In the later part of the game, you have to do resets that reset basically the entire game, so you're essentially replaying the entire game over and over, with a bit of a boost each time. I didn't even get to Origin Points, which has what many consider to be the most painful reset in the game.

I also quit The Prestige Tree Rewritten around Magic/Balance/Phantom Souls, but I went back and finished it.

The Prestige Tree Classic I also quit, though around Imperium Bricks, but I may go back to it.

Other incremental games I've played but quit are LNGI Incremental (a bit too slow), and Rip Off Idle (interesting, but there isn't that much content to look forward to after you're buying mid-tiel 8D buildings).

Also, Reindhart's House. It got to the point where I'd boost my health to the point where I think I'm invincible, only to be unexpectedly one-shot by an enemy. (I note that, at that point, the numbers are so big that there's no in-between.) Also worth noting that I softlocked and had to use the JavaScript console to kill myself at one point. (My damage output wasn't enough to lower the enemy's health, and vice versa.)
X-Com Enemy Unknown

Unfortunately, because the original Enemy Unknown did not age that well imho. This was my second attempt to play the remake but honestly there is just so much wrong with the pure basics - camera, controls, interface, lack of overview - that it's just a chore to play. And what I have seen from gameplay so far isn't that convincing either, the small maps and combat system doesn't seem fun at all to me. To the garbage bin it goes.