It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Jack Keane

This started out as a fun point-and-click adventure, I really liked the visual style and it was pretty funny too. The puzzles were also fairly easy and not too obscure. However, there were a number of problems which eventually caused me to quit fairly early into the game:

1) The graphics were very badly washed out (too much white). I’m not sure of the cause of this (I checked youtube and others don’t seem to have this problem), but changing graphics settings in-game had no effect. (See attached pic).
2) I found navigation around the screens quite awkward, because the background moves around whenever the protagonist moves.
3) The game started crashing on me randomly around Chapter 3 :(.
Attachments:
Medal of honor: Allied assault
I ran out of patience. Just too annoying. I'm not gonna cheat. I won't savescum. I won't make excuses. I quit with military shooters.
Post edited February 21, 2016 by benmar
benmar: Medal of honor: Allied assault
I ran out of patience. Just too annoying. I'm not gonna cheat. I won't savescum. I won't make excuses. I quit with military shooters.
What was the problem? I've never played the full version, but I remember playing the demo back in the olden days. I don't remeber any details, but the demo didn't convince me to buy the full version…
benmar: Medal of honor: Allied assault
mk47at: What was the problem? I've never played the full version, but I remember playing the demo back in the olden days. I don't remeber any details, but the demo didn't convince me to buy the full version…
The main game contains some excruciating trial and error missions involving hard to spot snipers that have magical accuracy(even for snipers), endlessly spawning Germans, forced stealth sections and the worst ending I have seen in a long while.

It all left me drained and the Spearhead expansion was the straw that broke the camel's back. The expansion is even more annoying.
From now on, I'm sticking to old school shooters. At least I can have fun with those.
benmar: The main game contains some excruciating trial and error missions involving hard to spot snipers that have magical accuracy(even for snipers), endlessly spawning Germans, forced stealth sections and the worst ending I have seen in a long while.
This sounds really bad. I hate all those things.

I really like RtCW except the forced stealth level. It it's not too hard (rather easy if you know the layout), but it breaks the flow of the game.
mk47at: What was the problem? I've never played the full version, but I remember playing the demo back in the olden days. I don't remeber any details, but the demo didn't convince me to buy the full version…
benmar: The main game contains some excruciating trial and error missions involving hard to spot snipers that have magical accuracy(even for snipers), endlessly spawning Germans, forced stealth sections and the worst ending I have seen in a long while.

It all left me drained and the Spearhead expansion was the straw that broke the camel's back. The expansion is even more annoying.
From now on, I'm sticking to old school shooters. At least I can have fun with those.
I feel better for not being the only one. My first rage quit in years.

Really, I have no patience and no time for trial and error. I almost gave up at the invisible and 100% accurate snipers in the destroyed town mission. I bravely insisted a bit more, passed trough the first expansion and finally rage quitted near the end of the last expansion (Breaktrough I believe). I cannot be bothered with baby-sitting dumb AI troops (supposed to be british elite ones) in a rescue mission. That made me upset to a point of no return. I tried, really tried. I won the look-at-your-back spawned enemies, the corridors missions, the abuse of scripted actions, overpassed the poor excuses for being a Rambo a la Call of Duty and etc. But this rescue was the ultimate drop in my patience's cup.
Arkham Origins.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Arkham Origins.
Any reasons for it?
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Arkham Origins.
omega64: Any reasons for it?
Of course. First of all it wasn't near as good a game or as polished as the previous 2, MASTERPIECES. Then it got boring, at least for me, even very near the beginning. The multiplayer wasn't anything particularly interesting. Combat was slower, it felt clunkier than previous 2s and to be honest, both graphics and motion seemed to me like "artificial", "plastic". Playing it somehow made me return back to Asylum and City and honestly, judging from the condition Knight is in, even though i am an obsessed collector, this specific series will remain forever incomplete for me. I would list Arkham Knight as well in the quit list but i couldn't, because in order to quit something, you have to have started or owned it, first, lol!
omega64: Any reasons for it?
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Of course. First of all it wasn't near as good a game or as polished as the previous 2, MASTERPIECES. Then it got boring, at least for me, even very near the beginning. The multiplayer wasn't anything particularly interesting. Combat was slower, it felt clunkier than previous 2s and to be honest, both graphics and motion seemed to me like "artificial", "plastic". Playing it somehow made me return back to Asylum and City and honestly, judging from the condition Knight is in, even though i am an obsessed collector, this specific series will remain forever incomplete for me. I would list Arkham Knight as well in the quit list but i couldn't, because in order to quit something, you have to have started or owned it, first, lol!
Yeah, Origins was by a different studio though. (which only explains part of it)
I really disliked how the story presents itself as finally not being one about joker. It turns into one later anyway. (the new voice actor for joker didn't really help matters)
Combat is a lot buggier than in the first two.
Post edited February 25, 2016 by omega64
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Of course. First of all it wasn't near as good a game or as polished as the previous 2, MASTERPIECES. Then it got boring, at least for me, even very near the beginning. The multiplayer wasn't anything particularly interesting. Combat was slower, it felt clunkier than previous 2s and to be honest, both graphics and motion seemed to me like "artificial", "plastic". Playing it somehow made me return back to Asylum and City and honestly, judging from the condition Knight is in, even though i am an obsessed collector, this specific series will remain forever incomplete for me. I would list Arkham Knight as well in the quit list but i couldn't, because in order to quit something, you have to have started or owned it, first, lol!
omega64: Yeah, Origins was by a different studio though. (which only explains part of it)
I really disliked how the story presents itself as finally not being one about joker. It turns into one later anyway. (the new voice actor for joker didn't really help matters)
Combat is a lot buggier than in the first two.
Yeah, heard it was made by WB montreal. Since after the disaster called Arkham Knight was upon all us Batman fans, everyone says: "WB; when you see a port from WB, Warn a Brother"! I hate what WB is doing lately, ruining completely beloved and even worse, formerly HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL and widely praised/acclaimed franchises. I also hate what pc gaming is coming towards, a huge new crisis, with console turd-ports threatening gaming and viable economy for titles on pc. Even though i avoided MK X too because i had been preoccupied, i got more angry with it for the extra content won't reach pc and support for it on pc is terminated, in favor of consoles. I have many friends on Steam who play games and pay their money and i get angry and sad together with them, for their product to be down the drain, after all this love, money-spending and support they whole-heartedly give. Someone must tell devs and publishers to cut the cr@p and refine their titles on pc, too. What is this disease as of late?
I quit the autism simulator after playing it for 2 hours and getting bored, you know the one that was being developed for 8 years but turned out to be sudoku set on a nice island.
Children of Mana (Nintendo DS)

Oh dear.... it's just grinding.
You are sent to a new area, have to kill all monsters - rinse and repeat.
Apart from the monsters and some characters it doesn't have much to do with the original Secret of Mana games, those were a bit grindy too but at least they had an open world to explore and new things to discover while here it's just meaningless dialogue with no immersion whatsoever and silly clad characters. the major has a hat that is as big as himself and it's one of the characters that is meant to be serious.
The fighting isn't even fun and you have to do it 99% of the time.
After a few hours of being sent to a new area and having the same crap over and over again I gave up hoping for some variation.

It's even worse than Legend of Mana for the Pony Slaystation.
Post edited February 27, 2016 by Klumpen0815
Evoland 2
I loved Evoland 1, sure it's short but it's a short story of videogames, you get sound, graphics etc...
with Evoland 2 I thought to get the full story of videogames with a lot more change of gameplay.... instead I got that boring Zelda stile for most of the time, with few 2d/turn based combat, and many 3D Zelda stile combat.
Also the story is really boring so the fact that the game is longer is not a good think anymore.

For now that's all.
I also want to quit TES Morrowind... because the quests are really boring A to B MMO type... but I paid 10€ for that game, so I will just force myself to finish it (maybe with some console cheat, teleport/money to level up fast, to complete the main quest as soon as possible).
The thing is the world is great, the start is great (until the end of Seyda Neen quests)....
but I cannot regen mana (maybe because I choose the wrong sign... I thought that I would be able to buy mana potions or regen with sleep... instead I can only regen with few mana potions I can get with complete quests).
If I run when I'm not in combat I still consume stamina, so if I enter in a combat I cannot combat.... also when I try to run away the moster follow me for the entire world!!!! I cannot escape.
So I have to walk... and it's really boring.
When I had to find a place it's really difficult to use journal to actually find that place... the indication are not really good.
When I speak to anyone I have to always ask the same stupid questions... you cannot know if a pg have something to say or it's just a NPC that have nothing to say.
Combat is not really good, just click, click, click... once you know how it works you can just kill assassins (at game start) and make lots of money, use magic to create a knife, kill anybody.

But I could pass on to everything, if the quests where not so boring.
You don't follow any sotry, you are just doing some boring jobs.
go to that guy, go to that place, go back to that guy... all quests are mmo style.

I usually don't like Bethsda title but since usually I love the old games, I thought morrowind could be my first Bethsda title... for the first time I was finally into it until I finished Seyda Neen.
I usually love unusual combat, reading, large world (I hate FFX for the small world), old RPG (Fallout, D&D games like Baldur's Gate, Planescape torment etc...), new RPG (Pillars of eternity, the witcher 1 etc...).
But I really can't get into a game where the world is huge but empty (there are just some monsters and some NPC that wait for you for a boring quest).

In this moment I play morrowind and fallout 1 (interplay). I can spend hours just playing fallout 1.... I cannot play more than 30 minutes morrowind.
King’s Bounty: The Legend

This is actually quite a fun game at the start, but it’s just too long and grindy. I played for quite a few hours and got my character to level 5, but I don’t feel that I’ve made much progress! There was too much time spent running back and forth for army maintenance. I found myself not looking forward to playing it, and dreading the number of hours it would take to complete.