It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hitman Codename 47

It simply hasn't aged well at all.

STALKER Clear Sky

Broken. Broken and janky and dear god why was this castle built on a fuckin swamp?

The mods don't even run well with it. One even came out to fix 90 something bugs but added 30 more. Not even going to talk about the crap optimization or the busted AI. Or how all the guns look worse than Counter strike 1.6

I had to quit due to the constant crashing after I captured the machine yard. Or trade with anyone. Or talk to anyone. Or even look at my fucking inventory. Sometimes I couldn't even load my saves without being kicked to the desktop.

I played the previous entry many moons ago and found that nothing really changed in terms of gameplay or mechanics. Certainly not stability. Not a lesson learned.

The Xray engine is the absolute worst. It is the Lada; the Pinto and the AMC Pacer of game engines.

Fuck you STALKER, you are an overrated mess that even the most passionate modding community couldn't save.

omega64: I'm not restarting the entire game a third time.
Welcome to my STALKER experience.
Post edited April 30, 2016 by ScotchMonkey
ScotchMonkey: Welcome to my STALKER experience.
At least Stalker is pretty open, A:AMFP is very very linear.
I'm not sure how this even happens.
I am thinking about quitting Goldeneye Rogue Agent, because of a level which is pretty much impossible to beat.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut

Very poor balancing of classes, skills, enemies and atrocious scaling of difficulty modes. End game is boring as hell as everything is about stacking crit chance and crit damage, absolutely no creativity in the gameplay and higher difficulty modes. Moreover end game gear is broken and buggy throughout.
Trine 3
Somehow managed to crash and corrupt my save.
Might come back to it eventually.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux

One of the best looking games I've ever played but wow was I bored. The fantasy/magical element threw me off and it really felt like a walking simulator. I dropped this and started playing Murdered Soul Suspect and that was so much more fun to play.

Bit.Trip Beat

Apparently I suck at Pong..hard.
opticq: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux

One of the best looking games I've ever played but wow was I bored. The fantasy/magical element threw me off and it really felt like a walking simulator. I dropped this and started playing Murdered Soul Suspect and that was so much more fun to play.

Bit.Trip Beat

Apparently I suck at Pong..hard.
That's exactly how I felt when I played the game. So slow, so boring... Murdered Soul Suspect was indeed a very good game. Flawed but the critics were all against it while it was pretty enjoyable.
Still Life

A pixel hunt turned idiot plot. Nice background art though.

Outside of toeknism, idiot plot or idiot ball passing is the greatest writing sin imho.
01kipper: Thief (PS4) (this is the 2014 game)

Whose brilliant idea was it to put a boss fight in a stealth game? Seriously. That person should be fired. From a cannon. Into the sun.
ScotchMonkey: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_quit_in_2016/post99

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this boot was shite.
There is a reason we don't even call that game to associate it with the series

ALSO Hitman: Absolution thank god this was a gift to me, this deserves to get dogpiled alongside every other modern shit games as Styx burns the remains
Post edited May 08, 2016 by GioVio123
ScotchMonkey: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_quit_in_2016/post99

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this boot was shite.
GioVio123: There is a reason we don't even call that game to associate it with the series

ALSO Hitman: Absolution thank god this was a gift to me, this deserves to get dogpiled alongside every other modern shit games as Styx burns the remains
Oh I quit that shit last year in a hurry. Your sequel fails if it doesn't fix the problems of previous games and introduces new ones to compliment the busted jank of oh god this franchise needs to die.
Agent 47 defeated freakin Scarface, but couldn't defeat the idiocy of IO Interactive.

:solemn voice:

"Here lies Agent 47... He was good at assassinating things and brought much joy to many gamers lives. Taken before his time buy strategic focus groups and people with good resumes but no talent.

We'll miss you our bald headed cloned assassin."

:wipes away a tear: It's just sand in my eye is all.
Post edited May 09, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
GioVio123: There is a reason we don't even call that game to associate it with the series

ScotchMonkey: Oh I quit that shit last year in a hurry. Your sequel fails if it doesn't fix the problems of previous games and introduces new ones to compliment the busted jank of oh god this franchise needs to die.
I finished it, wouldn't go back to it though.
Blood Money just felt overwhelming.
Motocross Madness (2013 version)

I got the gold medals for all the racing events and time attacks and had a blast- great tracks with lots of shortcuts and good fun arcade racing. But I completely lost interest in the open world treasure hunt stages and trick stages. So half the game was just awesome, the other half I can't be bothered with. Some people love those "Baja' stages though.

Still, it was free and i enjoyed the racing stuff a lot and even at full price it's only a $5 game.
Zombi (PS4)

Sondra: The helipad is infested with zombies. Get rid of them!
*Kills them, but watches the helicopter crash to the ground after a flock of ravens fly into it*
Sondra: Shit! I'll contact you when we have another way out.
Me: Welp, guess I better get back to the Sa...
*Gets killed by a zombie*
Me: Nope, that's enough for me. Not wasting my time getting my stuff back.
*Uninstalls the game*
Prince of Persia (2008)

I really enjoyed this one for about 75% of my time with it. Sure it's easy and you can't die but it's also a beautiful game with some decent climbing animations, okay story, "meh" combat, but just an all out relaxing game....

Until I got to the boss known as The Warrior. This boss was 10 times harder than anything else in the game and it took me a very long time to beat him and then I got to him AGAIN and couldn't do it. I had to push him into some pillars and this turned out to be impossible for me. Then I realised that even if I beat him there I still had to beat him 3 more times and that's when I said fuck it and just uninstalled the game.

Why game designers think it's a good idea to put such a massive difficulty spike in a game I will never know but it just reaffirmed my dislike of Ubisoft. I really wanted to finish the game and see the end but no dice.

So fuck that game!
Post edited May 14, 2016 by jepsen1977