It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: You probably did wisely, if you only got to level 5 and already felt it's too long. I believe most players would end the game around level 30. I expect you didn't even get beyond the first continent. It's a very long game.
Might well be my all-time favourite PC game.
misteryo: I really like this one as well, and I have had it installed continuously longer than any other game I own.

I may never have made it past level 10. I keep restarting. I learn so much from trial and error, and yet it feels pretty fresh each time. Love it.
My latest playthrough (Impossible Mage) took me three and a half months during which I played only this game. And I remember it as the most enjoyable gaming experience I had in the last couple of years. Indeed, love it.
Shadowman

Its and old game with good soundtrack and atmosphere and good scares.

But the terrible gameplay and bad controls is simply inexcusable.
Harvester:

It just wasn't fun anymore once I entered the lodge.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by omega64
doctorsinister: Shadowman

Its and old game with good soundtrack and atmosphere and good scares.

But the terrible gameplay and bad controls is simply inexcusable.
Oh, man - this game is one of my favorites! I played it on PS2 years ago with my youngest brother, and something was glitched. We could never make it past the lava cage level - fairly close to the end if I remember right. Anyway, these past few years when it cam available digitally, I got it and played it all the way through twice. Marvelous!

The control and cams aren't as bad as the first Tomb Raider games on PC. And this game can't be beat for music, atmosphere, voice over... Oh, I love this game!
Goatbrush: It's very rare for me to quit a game, even if it's very flawed I usually find something I like about it which lets me continue to the end.

With that said, I ragequit Lovely Planet a while back and I still get bouts of rage thinking about it. It has the premise for such a good game, and while I like challenging games I just couldn't stand the way the challenge was presented. I guess it doesn't fit well with my skillset, perhaps I'm too old for twitch shooters and/or lack the patience to build the muscle memory to finish it.

I got to the last world, but I couldn't take any more.
Finished the third world, I give up.
Screw adding mist that limits my vision.
omega64: Finished the third world, I give up.
Yeah. That's what got to me, each mechanic added felt like it made the game less fun to play. I usually like a challenge but at some point I just got fed up with it.
omega64: Finished the third world, I give up.
Goatbrush: Yeah. That's what got to me, each mechanic added felt like it made the game less fun to play. I usually like a challenge but at some point I just got fed up with it.
The third was really fun until they combined the cherries and homing shots. I'd be surprised if the sequel doesn't make the same mistakes.
Soda Dungeon - One of those free with Amazon Underground, it looked promising (manage a team into a rpg-lite dungeon getting gold and gear for future adventures. It ends up being a grinding shitty game where you really need to use amazon cheats to unlock stuff. Not even going to bother reading about it but i bet it's f2p therefore the shitty grinding. Oh well, i enjoy those type of games but not this f2p model...
Thief 2014 for X360

Where to start?

The designers of the visual aesthetic must have have taken to heart every hint it got from a Soviet burocrats dull grey life. Everything seems washed out in the dark palor of shadows and grey mist. When crouching the outer edges of the screen are darkened with smoky black graphic overlays to let you know that you are hidden. It also obscures your vision and give one a feeling of both colostraphobia or taking a shit in the dark. The brothel provided a nice exemption to the rule however; with red carpets. That's it. This was the most visually unimpactfull and souless design aesthtic I have seen in the past 2 console generations (with the exception of Amy or I am Alive which are standalone XBLA titles from indie studios)

Music seems to be absent from this title. I cannot recall any orchestral hook no matter how hard I try. My footsteps and the fell swooshing noises as I sneak around the map are the only auditory contributions to the ambiance outside of the inane chatter of the npc's.

The controls respond quickly enough despite the rather inneficient layout. Right button deploys the blackjack of all things. Kudos however to the stealth swoop or rapid sneak mechanism which does feel really good and makes me believe if only for the split second that it lasts, that I am a master thief.

I wont even talk about the combat. Just no.....

I won't be going into the story because I do not wish to put in any more effort in explaining the loose and ratty narrative that paced the game than the writers did writing the damn thing. And I think I just did that. Awful, and not even a dismal calamity like some of Telltale's offerings. Just a patched together narritive from the reject bin at tvtropes.com

I got this for free and I think I paid too much for it.
Post edited March 23, 2016 by ScotchMonkey
LiefLayer: ...Morrowind...
If you really don't enjoy it then I can't get you to finish it, but I can give you a few suggestions maybe.

- The mana regeneration: Yes, you probably chose the "wrong" birthsign, though if you did, it is still one of the strongest in the game, and the "no mana regen" is basically meant to counter its advantages. And that means you can't regenerate it at all, because without mods, you can only regenerate Mana when sleeping if you not chose this sign. But there are ways to get your hands on potions other than completing quests. Alchemists sell them, and you should find one in every mages guild and every town, though they have different qualities and quantities. But for example Nalcarya of White Haven in Balmora (has her own shop) sells unlimited potions of the highest quality, including restore health, fatigue, and magicka. She only seems to have one or two of each, but they should restock every time you talk to her. Another way is using alchemy to make them yourself. At first you only see one or two alchemy properties per ingredient, but as your skill increases you unlock them all. Combine two ingredients with the same property (using alchemy apparatuses, preferably of high quality) to make a potion with this property. Also, you can just use the raw ingredients on your character to get the first effect (though weaker than in a potion) and raise your alchemy skill (though slower than by brewing potions).

-The walking/running thing is really annoying, especially in the beginning. Potions can also help you to keep your stamina up, or you could use a mod that reduces or removes stamina loss when running.

-The assassins are a real problem. They were added by the Tribunal expansion and the implementation is really bad and effectually spoils the beginning of the game. I highly recommend using a mod to delay the assassin attacks to a higher character level or a later part in the main quest (or even after it).

- If you are followed by a monster and cannot escape try finding a city or village and let the guards handle it. Of course, out in the wilderness this could be difficult. Another possibility would be the Mark and Recall Spells which allow you to mark a point to which you can teleport back any time. Set it in a town before you go out exploring and you can always get back to safety. Even better may be the Divine Intervention and Almsivi Intervention spells, as they teleport you to the nearest temple or tribunal temple.

- I can understand if you want to play the game in its original state, but even though I love it, I don't know if I could ever really play it without mods (the first time I tried, I also quit quite fast, but that was also because I expected something different and didn't know how to play it), because there are just so many great ones out there and the game does have its issues, I don't deny it. Though once you start modding, chances are you will spend more time with it than actually playing the game. And I won't lie, mods can also introduce new problems. But a few here and there to get rid of the most annoying parts... why not?

On topic: I haven't really quit anything this year, yet, but I basically stopped playing Beyond Divinity and don't feel like continuing it any time soon. It is nowhere near as good as Divine Divinity, really.
Post edited April 26, 2016 by Pherim
I deleted CS:GO yesterday, I played 2000+ hours with it....
bela555: I deleted CS:GO yesterday, I played 2000+ hours with it....
So why stop? :P
bela555: I deleted CS:GO yesterday, I played 2000+ hours with it....
omega64: So why stop? :P
29 rounds, 3 kills, 3 ast, 25 deaths....
omega64: So why stop? :P
bela555: 29 rounds, 3 kills, 3 ast, 25 deaths....
Gg. xD
bela555: 29 rounds, 3 kills, 3 ast, 25 deaths....
omega64: Gg. xD
In the last weeks, I lost my LEM and looks like I lost my skill too....