It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gyromancer. Just a chore to play.
In 2015 I quitted MMO genre it in its entirety due to big disenchantment with it :)
Project Night - The controls are so bad.
Half-Life 2

I was on a quest to plow through the Half-Life saga again and I went through the first game and its expansions, which I love. Once I got into 2... can't really say why but it just didn't feel right when I played it. I couldn't get into it like I did back in 2005 when I first played it.
I also quit Akalabeth:
- First time I starved to death without doing anything remotely interesting (after what, 2 minutes ?). I read the manual but it didn't really help me.
- Second time I entered a dungeon, walked a bit in it and finally met an enemy... which I didn't manage to kill...

Too old/hardcore for me I think.
SpooferJahk: Half-Life 2

I was on a quest to plow through the Half-Life saga again and I went through the first game and its expansions, which I love. Once I got into 2... can't really say why but it just didn't feel right when I played it. I couldn't get into it like I did back in 2005 when I first played it.
I've replayed both 1 and 2 a few times over the years. Heavily disliked 2 compared to the first one. Especially the godawful vehicle sections. :/
Demonicon.
Put in 5 hours (according to Steam) but I just was not enjoying it. I don't really know why. Everything seemed to work ok (not good, ok). I just.. didn't care, I guess is the only way to put it.
Collapse
Game is straight up broken. Terrible game. Only played it for around 2 hours (according to Steam), but I it is just so bad I want everyones time and money back.
sebarnolds: I also quit Akalabeth:
- First time I starved to death without doing anything remotely interesting (after what, 2 minutes ?). I read the manual but it didn't really help me.
- Second time I entered a dungeon, walked a bit in it and finally met an enemy... which I didn't manage to kill...

Too old/hardcore for me I think.
I really really love Akalabeth's cover and manual art! But yeah, there's nothing remotely interesting in it indeed.
There are no hidden weapons or armor beyond the ones you buy in the shop, no story line, no boss fights. There are a couple of enemies you need to beat and a congratulation screen in the end. I'm reluctant to play early Ultima games because of how Akalabeth is.

To those who wish to beat Akalabeth for whatever reason: buy an amulet and try it until you mutate into a lizard man. In this form you have super strength and invincibility enough to beat the game in 15-30 minutes, but it's no fun at all unless you want to see what the enemies look like. As a designer I think balrog could be a part of a decent t-shirt design :).

About games I quit:
I quit Populous, I guess. Maybe I'll play it again, but man. The game has 500 levels and I can't beat #50.
misteryo: Project Night - The controls are so bad.
At first I read that as "Poker Night" and was confused :)
Fallout 3: Point Lookout has finally inspired me to remove Fallout 3 from my computer.

Real simple reason: Bullet sponge enemies that spawn every five feet and/or when you reach certain spawn areas.

I quit and uninstalled after I reached one area where enemies continuously spawn if you dare run around a bit trying to get breathing room or a better position. Defeat ten enemies but accidentally step over the spawn area while fighting them? Say hello to ten more enemies! Yay! So much fun! Especially since they're all bullet sponges that can take a missile directly to the face (from a well maintained missile launcher with 100 Big Gun/Explosives skill) without losing even a third of their health. Fantastic fun for the whole family!

Point Lookout was the DLC everybody kept recommending, saying it's better than the base game, blah blah blah. Nope. Point Lookout is Fallout 3's equivalent of New Vegas' Dead Money DLC, which I hated enough to download a mod that let me out of it.

Goodbye Fallout 3, I completed your main quest and the main quest of Broken Steel and have come around to think that you're on the lower end of mediocre rather than outright terrible, but you will not be missed or looked upon fondly in the future.
Maybe I'm getting old or maybe I'm just getting wiser but wasting time with a game that doesnt appeal to me no longer floats my boat so my list of quit games gets longer every year. Some have pc control issues, some have 3d issues that induce nausea for me, some are just busy work, *shrugs*

journey of a roach, miasmata: nausea inducing
the cat lady: wtf, dont need that in my life
fahrenheit indigo prophecy: crappy pc controls
labyrinth of time: just crappy
primodia: game breaking bug
baldurs gate: just plain tiring
runaway series, boring
gabriel knight 3: idiotic 3d controls
assasins creed: annoying
legend of grimlock 2: boring and not as much fun as i would have thought
myst, dont work on 64bit win7
NoNewTaleToTell: Fallout 3: Point Lookout has finally inspired me to remove Fallout 3 from my computer.

Real simple reason: Bullet sponge enemies that spawn every five feet and/or when you reach certain spawn areas.
I can't blame you. I went from Very Hard to Very Easy to get through it. There were some great moments in it, in the mansion, for example.

I just started New Vegas yesterday. I'm all giddy. :D
mintee: Maybe I'm getting old or maybe I'm just getting wiser but wasting time with a game that doesnt appeal to me no longer floats my boat so my list of quit games gets longer every year. Some have pc control issues, some have 3d issues that induce nausea for me, some are just busy work, *shrugs*

journey of a roach, miasmata: nausea inducing
the cat lady: wtf, dont need that in my life
fahrenheit indigo prophecy: crappy pc controls
labyrinth of time: just crappy
primodia: game breaking bug
baldurs gate: just plain tiring
runaway series, boring
gabriel knight 3: idiotic 3d controls
assasins creed: annoying
legend of grimlock 2: boring and not as much fun as i would have thought
myst, dont work on 64bit win7
If you don't mind me asking, what was the game breaking bug you had in Primordia?
groundhog42, sorry but its been awhile and i cant remember properly but I it was early in the game, an area or action that could not be activated
mintee: groundhog42, sorry but its been awhile and i cant remember properly but I it was early in the game, an area or action that could not be activated
Why wouldn't you need the Cat Lady in your life. :P