It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Only 2 hours left of 2022, so that's it for games finished on my end. Very successful year, 90 games finished- lots of short indies thanks to Game Pass, but also some massive 100 hour plus games like Persona 5 Royal and AC Valhalla with al DLC. So, it's time for the CMOT's 2022 gaming awards:

AAA awards.

1. Elden Ring (XSX)- not as good as Dark Souls or Bloodborne, but still excellent. Finished it twice. (GOTY)
2. Demon's Souls (PS5 PS Plus)- perfect remaster, finished it twice.
3. Persona 5 Royal (XSX Game Pass)- OMG Persona on Xbox!
4. Death Stranding (PC Game Pass)- 60 hour walking/driving sim and I never got bored.
5. The Surge 2 (XSX Game Pass)- finished it twice.
6. Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch)
7. Deathloop (XSX Game Pass)- how to do time loop stories well.
8. Guardians of the Galaxy (XSX Game Pass)- made me feel like I was back in the 80's
9. Generation Zero (XSX Game Pass)- this year's biggest surprise out of nowhere game.
10.Assassin's Creed Valhalla (XSX)- well I played it for over 150 hours...so it must have been okay.

Indie/Small Studio awards

1. Citizen Sleeper (XSX Game Pass)- almost narrative based gaming perfection, from someone that rarely values story very highly. (GOTY runner up)
2. Immortality (XSX Game Pass)- honestly, I had to flip a coin to decide the first two places. (GOTY 3rd place)
3. Weird West (XSX Game Pass)
4. Infernax (XSX Game Pass)- retro revival NES era perfection.
5. Echo Generation (XSX Game Pass)- Stranger Things the JRPG.
6. Death's Door (XSX Game Pass)
7. Visage (XSX Game Pass)
8. Nobody Saves the World (XSX Game Pass)
9. Road 96 (XSX Game Pass)
10.As Dusk Falls (XSX Game Pass)
Post edited December 31, 2022 by CMOT70
Death's Door, Dec 31 (Xbox Game Pass)-Managed to squeeze one more in before the new year. I enjoyed the exploration of this game. And finding a bunch of the secrets was fun especially backtracking after getting new abilities. Third boss was really tough and required some grinding. The last two bosses but didn't require nearly as many attempts as the third one. The game suffered a bit from a lack of a map. I frequently got lost trying to find the next area and most of the rooms looked similar so there was a lot of running around in circles.

Full List
The last game of 2022 for me was Tacoma which was an average walking simulator, not very interesting...

Full list here.
2022 Year in Review.

I played a lot of games this year and a lot of them were quite good. There were of course some clunkers and quite a few in the mushy middle.

Hades, Virtue's Last Reward, and Signalis were my favorite games of the year.

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice was my favorite played on GOG.

Biggest disappointments were Alice Madness Returns, Chrono Trigger, and Outer Wilds.

Lost Words Beyond the Page had probably the biggest emotional impact.

Sundered Eldritch Edition was my biggest surprise as I liked it a lot more than I was expecting.

I'll end it with two underrated gems: Lost In Random which you may have heard of and MMM Murder Most Misfortunate which you have probably not heard of.
List of games i have completed in 2022 :

Port Royale 2
Nethergate - Resurrection
Patrician 3
The Technomancer
CAYNE
Warlords Battlecry 3
Tangledeep + DLCs
Shadow Warrior 2
Deadlight - Director's Cut
Tyranny + DLCs
Exiled Kingdoms
Two Worlds Epic Edition
KnightShift
Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition
Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Complete
Two Worlds II Velvet Edition
Two Worlds II Castle Defense
Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
Gorky 17
Victor Vran + DLCs
To late to the party, but here is the final few games/DLCs, which I have finished in 2022, but was lazy to post the update here :D

20 - December 1, 13:30 – After little bit more than 40 hours of playing and few retries, I was able to beat Ifrit, the final boss of the Final Fantasy XV – Comrades March 2018 Update DLC on PS4, and finish the whole DLC storyline.

21 - December 1, 14:30 – An hour after beating Ifrit, I have amassed an output of 999,999kW, required for the final Let There Be Light trophy of the initial release of Final Fantasy XV – Comrades DLC on PS4.

22 - December 1, 22:00 – The third one of the day was the final trophy of the Final Fantasy XV – Comrades March 2018 Update DLC on PS4. It was needed to complete the Future: Comrade mission with all four protagonists of the main game. The mission was probably planned to be a challenge, but it was pretty failed one. Mainly due to sucky AI companions and the Bahamut King practically oneshotting everyone all the time. The fight, especially with Noctis, looked like this: 3 hits on boss, getting oneshoted, wait on AI to run to you and revive you, hoping to be lucky, that the boss does not oneshot you right away, repeat until the boss died. After enduring this for one and half hour, I had finally acquired the Beacons of Hope trophy, and I can finally put this DLC on the shelf and never return back.

23 - December 3, 14:45 – After a day of break I have finished Final Fantasy XV – Episode Gladiolus DLC on PS4. It did not take so long compared to Comrades. Only 2 and half hours on Normal difficulty with few retries, because I was afraid to use up Phoenix Down, as I wanted to save all of them for the final fight. In the end it was not needed at all, even though Gilgamesh did made me sweat few times :) . In the end, I had much more fun with combat, than in the main game or Comrades.

24 - December 3, 22:00 – All trophies in Final Fantasy XV – Episode Gladiolus DLC are finally unlocked on my PS4. The last two challenges were painfully hard for me, but also a lot of fun and a little bit of rage. Especially the Final Trial against Cor :) . Both challenges were all about tactics, a lot of patience and good reflexes. Of course, the last one is something, which I lack :D , so I spent on each challenge approximately 2 hours to learn how to execute them good enough to fulfill all the prerequisites for the trophies.

25 - December 6, 01:15 – I have finished the storyline of Final Fantasy XV – Episode Prompto DLC on my PS4. It is a very mixed bag for me. This one has also some sidequests, but most of them are pretty much unbalanced, and they have all some kind of exploit, where the enemy gets stuck, and completely stops attacking. What is the use of lvl 99 encounter, if it either oneshots you, or you need to use exploit to defeat it? At least final bossfight was enjoyable. That being said, IMHO Prompto's shooting mechanics in FFXV lacks fun factor compared to melee mechanics of Noctis or Gladiolus.

26 - December 6, 22:30 – Last two PS4 trophies in Final Fantasy XV – Episode Prompto DLC have been acquired. The two DLC challenges were much easier than in Episode Gladiolus, but they needed a little bit of practice as well. Especially the snowmobile Time Trials. After an hour and 20 minutes, with little bit of luck, I've completed all three of them with three stars rating. The last time trial, with exactly the minimum time limit required to pass it :P . The Intensive Training challenge against Aranea was pretty relaxing fight, so after 30 minutes of attempts, I was able to defeat her as well.

27 - December 16, 21:45 – After a few days of chilling in the main game, I have started and finished the storyline of Final Fantasy XV – Episode Ignis DLC on my PS4. This DLC was so far the weakest from the three character DLCs. It took me 4 hours, but I wished few times, that it would end sooner. The combat mechanics felt lackluster, and for the counterattacking, you need even better reflexes, than for Gladiolus. Which sucks for an old guy with slow reflexes. I am not looking forward to the DLC challenges at all.

28 - December 17, 21:45 – I have reached alternate ending in Final Fantasy XV – Episode Ignis DLC on my PS4. It was just a short session, but I had more fun, than in the rest of DLC. Probably because Ignis was overpowered by the effects of Ring of Lucii from the beginning of the final battle, so this overshadowed the need for better reflexes, which I lack :D .

29 - December 18, 16:30 – After 1 hour and 6 attempts, the Friendly Match challenge versus Noctis in Final Fantasy XV – Episode Ignis DLC has been won, and with it, the last PS4 trophy of this DLC is mine. The final attempt took me 10 minutes and 54 seconds, which surprised me a lot, because most of the guides to this fight, that I have watched, lasted more than 15 minutes. With the rumours floating around, that this fight is the hardest fight in Final Fantasy XV, I was postponing the playthrough of this DLC for 10 days, and then for another two days, to start this challenge. I just wanted to have as good mood as possible, and feel well rested, before attempting it :) . Now, that it is behind me, I have to say, I had more trouble to defeat Cor in Episode Gladiolus. I think, it might be due to both Cor and Noctis having similar patterns in a lot of their attacks, so I already knew when was the best time to press dodge, to avoid damage. But the most crucial thing to be able to win against him, was to execute almost flawlessly the counterattacks, which healed Ignis, and have caused big damage to Noctis. Thankfully, because of the animation of Noctis’ attacks, it was a little bit easier to perform them, than against common enemies or Ardyn, so even the old slowpoke as me, was able to successfully perform them in more than 90% of cases :D . But even with that, I had to use all of the consumables, with the exception of 1 Phoenix Down, which the game gave me at the start of the fight. Another crucial thing was, to save your High Jump special move, when Noctis unleashed his Armiger Chain, which needed crazy fast reactions as well. And as expected, I have missed it few times even in my final attempt :D . I feel now as much adrenaline and satisfaction, as when I have beaten False King Allant in the Demon’s Souls, for the first time :)

30 - December 20, 13:00 – After finishing all PS4 trophies in Episode Ignis, I have decided to relax a little bit and run around in the main game to finish some sidequests. During that, I have found a meal in an restaurant in Lestallum, with Equalizer buff, which boosts your attack by 2% for each level between your level and the level of the monster you are fighting against. So I have decided to take advantage of it, and went straight to finish the quest involving Melusine superboss, which were added to main game as a free update/DLC. I have defeated her on a second attempt, although she gave me some hard beating when she was under 3% of HP, and almost obliterated my entourage. Thankfully the game offered me invocation of a summon and then, Shiva took care of the rest of her HP pool :) . After reporting the quest at the Hunter HQ, I have received the trophy, and with that, Final Fantasy XV – July 2017 Update is 100% complete.

31 - December 29, 12:00 – I have finished storyline of Final Fantasy XV – Episode Ardyn DLC on my PS4. This one is an interesting mixed bag of an DLC. Ardyn, has definitely most interesting gameplay mechanics of the all DLC characters, but I find the content not much better than Prompto's DLC. Although, it still means, that it's the second best FFXV DLC.

Full list of my games finished in 2022 can be found HERE :)
Post edited April 06, 2023 by MMLN
My mistake, sorry.
Post edited December 01, 2023 by IXOXI