It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PC:
Heroes Chronicles, all 8 chapters.
Flower
Leisure Suit Larry 7
My Brother Rabbit
Underrail
Shadowgate
Rime
Grim Dawn
Stonekeep
AER
Cinders

Nintendo DS:
Ever Oasis
Yo-Kai Watch
Pokémon X
DQ7
Post edited October 16, 2019 by Cambrey
muddysneakers: Does 2 have the same companions?
Only the droids, HK-47 and T3-M4. Otherwise, different story, different characters.

And how did you figure out the day? (Well, still was that day over there where you are when you posted, at least.) *mutters*
Beach Bounce
Quite short and certainly not the best VN in the world, but the artwork was nice and it was fun to figure out how to get the different endings and the romances with each of the girls.

Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt
A very good freeware game. Very short and with simple graphics, but I liked it a lot. Will probably play it again on a higher difficulty and will play the sequel as well.

Complete list of finished games in 2019
low rated
GameRager: And if you knew what some companions liked you could manipulate it while staying true to your alignment as much as possible and still get their benefits/extra dialog.
muddysneakers: Does 2 have the same companions?
Some, as well as some new ones.

One new one you get depends on your s*x/gender(the game picks from two who will stay with you on your journey).........if you are male you get the female one(as part of the locked in early on missions), and if you are female you get the male one(during one of the planets from the first game, after the early on locked in missions are over).

*Spoilers on who comes back*

You get the small droid back and he talks more this time around, and the big droid as well.....but the big droid you only get by finding/buying parts on most worlds to rebuild him, so when you can use him depends on how you play the game. Carth shows up but only in cutscenes as an NPC for the most part. IIRC most of the others are absent, with new ones filling various roles and added during some planets/events.

*End spoilers*

Also as others said there is an influence dialog system. Some actions you take while with some companions will make them happier/less happy and as a result they will share less dialog/etc with you depending on what you do/say to them and others while they are in your party or while talking to them at your base/ship.

You get new lore/dialog opened up if you influence them enough plus some stats increases and skills sometimes as well with some of them, so it pays to try to manipulate them(via saying what they want to hear when talking to them on the ship/etc) to get such.

(Also one player will be "with" you always in a sense[even when not in your party], and it's usually best to keep that in mind when they "talk" to you at some moments when you choose how to reply to them)
Cavalary: And how did you figure out the day? (Well, still was that day over there where you are when you posted, at least.) *mutters*
It was on your blog.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger on Hard difficulty
XIII on Realistic difficulty
STRAFE on Normal difficulty to unlock more stackable mutators
Project Warlock on Hard difficulty to get back my 100% achievements again
Granny $4.99, an Indie horror game, as part of the Slenderina series. Now I am playing it again but with a mobile version on apknite.
finally finished Flight of the Amazon Queen after starting and stopping several times in years past since the GOG release. pretty good overall, though I had to use a YouTube walkthrough several times because the logic didn't quite work. The credits made it seem like just one person did all the artwork which seems crazy to me. I follow John Passfield on Twitter and might ask him a few questions.

I might go back to Blood now rather than starting a brand new game.
Post edited October 19, 2019 by tfishell
Yakuza 0. I started this thinking it would be a nice 15-20 hour game. 95 hours later...

This is almost an ideal prequel in that you can enjoy it without playing any of the other games in the series - and it's a good self-contained story - but if you have played the other games, you get an extra level of enjoyment seeing references to events that would come later. Like, it's nice seeing Kiryu and Nishiki being buddies, or seeing the bad guy from Yakuza 2 make a cameo as a school kid. I wasn't totally satisfied, however, with how Goro's story wound up, because the game sort of strings you along with the promise of seeing how he turns into the unhinged guy you know from the later games, but I wasn't convinced by the transformation at the end. It's the one part of the story in which it succumbs to Star Wars prequel syndrome and skips rapidly to "Ohshitthenhewentcrazyandstarteddressingandtalkingallfunny!!!"

It's a very nice-looking game and is wonderfully optimized. I have a solid computer but nothing amazing and I was able to run it at highest settings and it barely made the fans run. I liked the cabaret club side quest with Goro, but I wasn't as crazy about Kazuma's real estate mogul stuff, which demands that you take off and kill some time before you can progress. I did some bowling, and most of the pocket racer challenges. I didn't mess around too much with the batting cage or darts games. I can't say I totally understood the telephone dating stuff - I kept getting hooked up with the same women over and over. My final stats said I finished with about 68 percent completion.
Fear Effect Sedna, Oct 18 (GOG)- I didn't know anything of the Fear Effect franchise prior to playing which probably favorably impacts my opinions on this game. Even then the game is slightly below average at best. Nothing stands out as very good. The dialog was pretty bad and so were the mechanics. The controls seemed unresponsive during combat at times and the tactical options didn't really do anything even on the few occasions I tried to use it. A lot of the cutscenes felt like they jumped around quite a bit as if there were scenes or levels from the game missing or unfinished although I did like the cut scene animations. The only brightspot was a couple of the puzzles although a couple others were tedious. And Deke's underwater level was a travesty. Thankfully the game is quite short. Quite a bit shorter than advertised on howlongtobeat I believe.

Full List
Post edited October 19, 2019 by muddysneakers
low rated
tfishell: I might go back to Blood now rather than starting a brand new game.
If you haven't played it yet play Death Wish mod for Blood......it is pretty decent(I am on the last episode).
Post edited October 19, 2019 by GameRager
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold

Turns out this game is way more fun when you don't quicksave every 5 steps. For the most part, I only saved at starts of levels, exceptions was when having to go through rooms with the energy alien generators - fuck those things. Also, the bstone source port was what made the game playable for me in this day and age, though it's not exactly perfect.
INSIDE

A spiritual successor to LIMBO with some elements that reminded me of Abe's Oddyssee and maybe Heart of Darkness a little. It's equally bleak and cruel as LIMBO but I found the setting more interesting to explore, it's a bit lighter on puzzles, death hazards and difficulty, and I also liked the graphics and general gameplay better.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the ending though, and regardless of the meaning, I thought the delay between game end and credits was too long, confusing me whether I was still meant to do something although all pressing of buttons remained without effect.

Apart from the linear story, there is also a side objective of finding and disconnecting 14 hidden orbs, but you never really learn why, and there is no tracker in the menu either, you only ever see how much you're still missing when you disconnect the next one. I kept my eyes open, but apparently I missed a lot of them. Finding all the hidden orbs is not really fun in such a linear game with points of no return where you don't even get to track your progress that well. Miss one and you have to do it all again from scratch. It's only about 4 hours long and was gripping enough that I played through it in only two sessions, but it's not really a game suited for replaying. On YouTube, I watched the secret ending that you get by completing the bonus objective, and yeah, it's totally not worth going to all the trouble, unless that's your thing.

So, I'm not really sure whether I liked it or not. It's a better LIMBO, well done and intruiging for a sidescrolling 'walking' simulator with some jumping, running, swimming and puzzling, but I disliked the bonus objectives idea in such a game and in the way it is implemented, and in the end the story is just as sick as interesting and left me a bit at a loss as to what the point was ...
Post edited October 22, 2019 by Leroux
Metro 2033 Redux

What a great game. Immersion was helped a ton by listening to the original Russian audio, and the fact that I could actually understand it. Despite it being my mothertongue, I've never actually played a game in Russian before. Played on Spartan/Normal difficulty, which I understand isn't supposed to be the right way to play it, but it worked for me - I'm not into stealth/survival games at all. As I was playing I thought of doing a second playthrough in Hardcore difficulty, but decided against it after being mobbed to death by mutants multiple times even on Normal.
The Witcher

Yes, the first one, finally, in my second attempt. I liked the atmosphere, the setting the music, the story was alright - but the game itself was a bit lacking. Too much running around the same places all the time, and pretty bad combat.