It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Alien shooter (original)
This game is a top down shooter that feels like Serious Sam(after you take out the humor).
It's actually pretty good for relieving stress and forgetting about your asshole boss(or imagine that he's in this game). It's mad, hectic and fun.
Unfortunately the AI is surprisingly dumb and can't do much other that walk towards you and shoot(even if there is a wall in the way ). It's also highly exploitable and often kills itself and other enemies when shooting at walls.
the controls are a bit loose and the isometric view does a god job at hiding enemies.
The difficulty is all over the place with levels that are easy or annoying. Weapons are unbalanced and the whole second half of the game is almost impossible without the two or three best weapons, which makes the rest of your arsenal quite useless.
All in all, a good mindless game for relieving stress, shooting thousands of aliens and thinking about your boss at the same time.
6/10

Alien shooter (Fight for life)
This expansion has the same pros and cons as the main game. Except for the difficulty. It's a hard game. It's much more difficult and unforgiving than the main game and the developers obviously didn't know when to quit because the last couple of levels just drag on for way too long, the amount of enemies is through the roof and you are almost forced to exploit the idiot AI in order to survive. But, it's such a good feeling once you defeat the last enemy.
7/10

Alien shooter (Experiment)
I'm curious to know, has anybody completed this without cheating and had fun?
I sure didn’t. I cheated.
Fight for life was annoying, but doable in a reasonable kind of way. This is just nuts. It feels like one of those stupid "impossible" hacks rather than an official game.
2/10

Zombie shooter
Just like Alien Shooter, only better, more fun, less annoying, tighter controls, less cheap shots and a few
gameplay improvements to spice up the whole experience. The only negatives I can think of are its length and toned down challenge. At least the AI isn't as stupid as in Alien Shooter. Well OK, it is just as stupid, but at least it doesn't kill itself ... as often.
8/10

Alien shooter 2
More of the same. Wave after wave, bullet sponge after bullet sponge, awkward vehicle section after awkward vehicle section.
It does have many improvements over it's predecessors, like better graphics, sound, control(unless you are in a vehicle of course).
It has a more involved story and actual characters, but they are quite poorly written and generic. And the voice acting is .... let's just say it's not very good.
The added rpg elements are nice, but unbalanced. Overall nice, but nothing special.
7/10

Zombie shooter 2
The exact same thing as Alien Shooter 2, just replace extra terrestrials with the walking dead. They even reused parts of levels.
6/10
Post edited April 24, 2016 by benmar
I have today just few minutes ago finished Chaos difficulty in Star Ocean 4 on PS3, and with that, I have achieved last trophy missed to get the Platinum. Last playthrough lasted 22 hours, and all 4 playthroughs with optional bosses needed for Platinum took me more than 750 hours over 5 years and 3 months :D

I made myself story mode, where I was going only for boss battles and mandatory trash battles. I have picked up just chests and mining/harvesting nodes for Experience. I have finished the game after 40 battle. Few of them took more than 20 minutes. I think, the game can be completed with 37 battles, maybe 36, but I needed at second boss more experience, to make it little bit easier :) The hardest battle was battle against Kokabiel, because I have forgotten to give to my characters two crafted accessories and teaching them HP Bonus skills. After I noticed that, I have killed him on my first attempt :)

I can't wait to put my hands on the Star Ocean 5, which will be released in few months, and I hope it will be at least half as much fun as Star Ocean 4. But also hope, that the story will be better :P

My list of games finished in 2016
Freedom Force (GOG)

So glad that GOG got this since I missed out on the original boxed version despite it being the type of thing I like. Though the GOG store page incorrectly says it's turn based, when actually it's similar to the combat in Baldurs Gate, real time with pause ability. Otherwise it focuses on tactical squad combat in a mission based format.

Anyway it's full of 60's style Super Hero cheesiness. Anyone that grew up watching the old 60's Batman TV series will feel waves of nostalgia here. The game even has the speech bubbles...you know "BAMMM!!!" "THWACK!!!! etc. Despite not having any actual real life license it's the authentic experience, in fact I think it's better and even more cheesy by not having any license.

Gameplay and story were just fine. Graphics were great for the age of the game with widescreen resolutions working fine.

The game crashed about 2 or 3 times, so not too bad really. Sometime the game would reset to no sound on start up and I'd have to reset it in options- a little bit annoying but no big deal. I found the UI sometimes a bit cumbersome- when the screen is full of speech bubbles it can be a royal pain trying to select your target, a hotkey to cycle through available targets would have helped. It's recommended to save often, especially in later levels since some powers used at the wrong time can break the game: such as whacking someone with Minutemans ability which can often throw a character out of play or into areas you can't reach, which can prevent mission progress if it turns out you need to talk to that KO'd character. Save often and such things will only cost you a little time, no more.

I loved it. For now I've had enough, but I can see myself playing the sequel later in the year.
Post edited April 25, 2016 by CMOT70
Android:
+Duet
+Don't Look Back

Got this game from a Humble Bundle. INSANELY DIFFICULT. Although not as difficult as Super Hexagon would be in beating it, just try beating all of the game's levels without hitting a wall in order to earn the respective achievements. Also the challenges. Oh boy the challenges.

But it's done. At least without the more difficult achievements that is.

In Duet, you control two circles/spheres/balls, one colored red, the other colored blue, and you rotate them in a predefined circle. Both of them are on the opposite ends of that circle (i.e. the distance between the two of them is always the radius), and you have to dodge the incoming walls with the two of them. Sounds like Super Hexagon, only until you remember that the game is patterned as opposed to Super Hexagon's randomized. Still difficult! The game will throw new ideas at you until you've had enough, as opposed to Super Hexagon only throwing the idea of insane speed at you.

EDIT: I also forgot that I played and beat another game in early 2016, namely Don't Look Back, by the creator of Super Hexagon (yes, I'm throwing Super Hexagon around). A surreal platformer involving death and horror, bonus points for being a free game. It's short, but it was good while it lasted.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2016/post671
Post edited April 25, 2016 by PookaMustard
Hitman: Codename 47

The face off against the Scarface Tony Montana drug lord was standout, and the jungle missions. I also like some levels you have to abandon any kind of stealth and just go balls out guns blazing.

Classic.
CMOT70: Freedom Force (GOG)

Anyway it's full of 60's style Super Hero cheesiness. Anyone that grew up watching the old 60's Batman TV series will feel waves of nostalgia here. The game even has the speech bubbles...you know "BAMMM!!!" "THWACK!!!! etc. Despite not having any actual real life license it's the authentic experience, in fact I think it's better and even more cheesy by not having any license.
My favorite thing about the game's presentation is how the cut-scenes are designed to be reminiscent of the 1960s Marvel cartoons - the ones in which they just took the comics art and did some extremely cheap and minor touches to "animate" it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuWOZp_NO58&list=PLZs0gQed9tMRqy_f0Ay17Xj1yUh_UPfeq
Borderlands (Xbox One)

Played in split-screen co-op, did every side quest, all main story missions, and so far we've completed one DLC (Zombie Island of Dr Ned). It's a excellent game, rarely a boring moment. Lots of good missions, good humor, no two weapons are the same, and the characters are great (I was Mordecai). The game felt inspired by Fallout and Mad Max, which is quite nice. It didn't run too bad on the Xbone either, considering it's a backwards-compatible game running in split-screen. I finished Borderlands 2 a few years ago, but I don't remember much of it. I picked up Borderlands: Handsome Collection not too long ago, and I'm looking forward to playing BL2 again, and The Pre-sequel, which I have not played. First though, I'll play the rest of the BL1-DLCs.
bad_fur_day1: Hitman: Codename 47

The face off against the Scarface Tony Montana drug lord was standout, and the jungle missions. I also like some levels you have to abandon any kind of stealth and just go balls out guns blazing.

Classic.
I'm going to ask. Is the game difficult or is it just me? Because I had to use a walkthrough for the last of the Triad missions, and I'm now stuck outside the Columbian druglord's....military bunker.
bad_fur_day1: Hitman: Codename 47
PookaMustard: I'm going to ask. Is the game difficult or is it just me? Because I had to use a walkthrough for the last of the Triad missions, and I'm now stuck outside the Columbian druglord's....military bunker.
Yes, very challenging indeed. But you'd be surprised if you look closely and think logically how many clues point you in the right direction. I enjoyed the challenge, very rewarding when you finally connect the dots and realize something you were missing. There's a flyer at the bar pointing you upstairs to the Brothel in the Lee Hong mission, which leads you to the guy tied up downstairs, which gives you the location to the safe and then leads you to Lee Hong.

*Say Hello to my Little Friend - Tips*

There's a silenced pistol, ammunition and another bullet proof vest in one of the tents, there is also a mini gun in a tent if you want to brute force the mission with continues. If no one sees you shoot someone with a silenced weapon they won't know who did it. Fibre wire some of the guys in the watch towers, they have a habit of setting of alarms and shooting you in the back when you start some crap. Kill everyone in the house before you open the drug lords door. I would usually clear the drug lab before taking on Tony Montana. There is three different types of guard uniforms in the level, if you set off alarms you can change disguises. If you shoot Scarface when he's running you won't get shot. I had a guards uniform on from the previous mission, they let me right in.

There is also a minor bug I ran into on that level, sometimes if you climb up the ladders to the watch towers you suddenly die, easy solution, point your camera straight ahead and use the run key to quickly accend the ladders.

*Say Hello to my Little Friend - Walkthrough*

I already had a disguise to get me into the camp. Get silenced pistol from tent, get AK47 ammunition from another tent. Strangle three guys near the centre of the compound in watchtowers, close by to the left side of the Drug Lab so they don't shoot you when you... storm the drug lab from the small entrance on the left with an AK47, kill everyone in the drug lab in shootout. Change disguise to one of the guards you killed. Walk casually to the drug lords house. Position yourself in a good hiding place in the house and silenced shoot one of the guards, shoot whoever comes to check out the body, clear house of guards with silenced pistol and or AK47. Open door to Scarface, avoid his m60 fire while shooting him, ideally when he starts running to the other side of the room for cover. Change disguises again and pick up the bomb and go and plant that in the cleared drug lab, set it off when your clear. Now it gets really tricky. Shoot guards in watch towers out the windows of the house near airstrip, try and get to the airstrip without getting yourself killed. I got my ass shot off making a run for it.

Done. :)
Post edited April 26, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
Sir, You Are Being Hunted - Wow, after hearing some less than stellar things about this game, I really enjoyed this one. There is something thrilling about scrambling through the British countryside, while robotic gentlemen discharge their weaponry in your direction, all to get the machinery to whisk you away from this nightmare. This is a game, where you feel outmatched and weak throughout its entirety. You can build a supply of resources to make your journeys more comfortably, but you'll most often die in any direct confrontation with the robots. The game is full of many tense moments; mostly when you've grabbed another piece of the machine and are trying to make your way back to the boat to save your progress. Normally, I would be one to dislike the exclusion of a quick save system, but I'm okay with that here. It encourages taking smart and safe actions, and when you die it's most often from a taking a risk. It doesn't take too long to move through all 5 islands (took me about 3.5 hours), but it's a great, tense experience. The focus on the countryside brings to mind the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. I may not play through it again for awhile, but it's a great sandbox to sneak/run/flee through.
PookaMustard: I'm going to ask. Is the game difficult or is it just me? Because I had to use a walkthrough for the last of the Triad missions, and I'm now stuck outside the Columbian druglord's....military bunker.
bad_fur_day1: Yes, very challenging indeed. But you'd be surprised if you look closely and think logically how many clues point you in the right direction. I enjoyed the challenge, very rewarding when you finally connect the dots and realize something you were missing. There's a flyer at the bar pointing you upstairs to the Brothel in the Lee Hong mission, which leads you to the guy tied up downstairs, which gives you the location to the safe and then leads you to Lee Hong.
The problem then becomes how to execute the assassinations in an order that will let you live to see another day. And without reading any future guides. But that's not as pressing a problem as playing as the Silent Assassin itself is, who is, compared to a typical FPS protagonist, is very fragile for shootouts and best suited for stealth instead.

Anyways, thanks for the tips and the walkthrough! I'll bookmark this one.
The Wolf Among Us

I expected an adventure game and got an interactive comic book instead. But I have to say that it was a good one and it was great to meet the characters from the Fables series (I've read all comics including all spin-off series) again. The overall tone was darker and grittier than in the comics and the story threw up many interesting moral questions.

Best part were the first episode (which ended with a great cliffhanger) and the last one that had an interesting ending and left some room for a sequel.

I really liked the art-style they chose for the game, the overall atmosphere and the music (it's a shame that the soundtrack isn't included). I wish Telltale would do a second season, but unfortunately after the end of the comic book series I don't really see that happen.

Complete list of finished games in 2016
Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge
A gift from Doc0075 nominated by mrkgnao

Not much to say here... it's one of the best p&c games, special edition or not. Sure, the first part was even better but I enjoyed it immensely nonetheless. Recommended.

Full list
Fallout 4.

I do like the game and at points it felt really good err.. shooter. ^^ I wasted lot of hours with this one in random shit but the main quest feels so short and "ending" sucked a bit but at least I finished it and maybe continue to kill stuff occasionally.
Android:
+Hitman GO (Android version emulated on PC)

Despite my giving up at the original Codename 47, this is actually the second time I beat Hitman GO, the first was on the Amazon Appstore, the second was on a version obtained from Humble Bundle with Google Play Games support. I ended up beating every single objective again, as well as earning the game's 27 achievements, which are mostly easy and pay off the more you play.

Still, it's one of the best puzzle games I played, and remains so.
Post edited April 26, 2016 by PookaMustard