It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Antimateria: Indeedlio but it isn't a new game. Still.. "Nooo" You were better than aiden..
Cyraxpt: It's a two year old game, i didn't even played it yet...
Those cops in chapter 3 also many stars if you take it like gta meter.. for me it seemed fucking hard. That is why I haven't finished the game just uninstalled. =)

Edit: I don't hate the game it just was that also it isn't short game also I'm not sure about chapter 3.. I did play ubisofts splinter cell blacklist on hard still different games different times. Original splinter cells were really good, new stuff aren't. but blacklist was fun kinda.. it just was missing old school and ironside as a voice actor. =)
Post edited February 14, 2016 by Antimateria
omega64: Not really.xD
Not even sure why I finished it.
I guess it kept hoping it would get better. :P

Too bad she dies before she ever gets real character development. Oh wait it's the end of the game anyway. :P
Antimateria: Nooo.. I just tried to get away from cops. It sucked.
Just get a boat, cops don't have boats in this game so you get away easily.
Cyraxpt: Uhm.... spoilers?
Yeah sorry about that. xD
It's not really worth playing through though.
Post edited February 14, 2016 by omega64
Antimateria: Nooo.. I just tried to get away from cops. It sucked.
omega64: Just get a boat, cops don't have boats in this game so you get away easily.
omega64: Yeah sorry about that. xD
Still, you finished it seems pretty good. i have trouble. =)

Edit: and the game has it moments.. I mean it had pretty good gunplay and sneaking. it just didn't do anything really good. But gunsounds were awesome.
Post edited February 14, 2016 by Antimateria
omega64: Just get a boat, cops don't have boats in this game so you get away easily.

Yeah sorry about that. xD
Antimateria: Still, you finished it seems pretty good. i have trouble. =)

Edit: and the game has it moments.. I mean it had pretty good gunplay and sneaking. it just didn't do anything really good. But gunsounds were awesome.
I finished Inversion. :P
Me finishing stuff isn't really an indication of quality.
Antimateria: Still, you finished it seems pretty good. i have trouble. =)

omega64: I finished Inversion. :P
Me finishing stuff isn't really an indication of quality.
Too much ass creed collectibles.
Antimateria: Indeedlio but it isn't a new game. Still.. "Nooo" You were better than aiden..
When people say 'oh, the game's not new, so it's okay to spoil', is the implication that if a game's a couple of years old then anyone with any interest in the game has already played it? That seems a little bit of an unreasonable expectation.
Austrobogulator: When people say 'oh, the game's not new, so it's okay to spoil', is the implication that if a game's a couple of years old then anyone with any interest in the game has already played it? That seems a little bit of an unreasonable expectation.
Especially considering that if that were the case, the game wouldn't be discussed in this thread. ;)
Tiny Toon Adventures: Babs' Big Break (GameBoy on 3DS-XL via Lameboy)

I've played this game a lot on the original GameBoy when I was a kid and needed some nostalgia as well as a quick game for bed. Thanks to the save function of the emulator I was allowed to finish it in two sessions (unthinkable back then) and the modern screen makes it much more nice to play. Having the option to make it monochrome instead of this ugly green tint was cool too.
Certainly one of the easiest jump'n'runs around but I still like it.

List
Giana Sisters - Rise of the Owlverlord (WinXP)

I got it in the awesome community giveaway, thanks again!
It's the same formular as "Twisted Dreams", consists of 6 additional levels and 1 Boss. The boss is way easier than the ones of the main game, which is good since those were way too hard to be enjoyable and stopped the game from progressing in a not so nice way.
When I played an older version of the base game on an older ATI card, it ran way better and I was able to configure the graphics properly, for some reason in this one I only had two resolutions available, changing the options didn't seem to change anything and there was no way of deactivating depth blurring. For some reason it stuttered a lot on the superior Nvidia card I have now and I got the feeling, it's a sloppy XBox port. Maybe it's optimized for DirectX11 and the Dx9 support is just bad, I don't know. The slow framerate stopped me from getting some extras, but it has gotten better in the last levels.

Imho it's overall a nice but somewhat troubled addition to the base game. Since the WinXP support for the base game is removed by now for some reason, it may have similar problems now, i don't know. It's a bit strange to see a game like this with the Havok engine running worse than Fallout 3 on my system.
I guess it would run perfect under Linux, but sadly the port promised by the devs never became reality.

List
Post edited February 14, 2016 by Klumpen0815
Back on Tuesday I finished the 'Main Game' mode of Doodle God on Facebook
Also finished most of the stuff that's not behind a paywall, except the puzzles because I don't like how you can go the wrong way with them and have to back-track
I also cheated and looked up most of the artifacts

I think a lot of people are sad and angry that Doodle God is now microtransaction-a-rific and I can't understand why you have to pay a few quid to get it on Steam when it's free on Facebook, but the basic concept of combining 'element' tiles to make new ones is still fun and unique, combinations range from 'Hmm - smart' to 'Heh - I can kinda see that - funny' to 'Whoa WTF - moon logic'

It's also a bit short (so far - more content 'coming soon' apparently) for the people who DO pay real-world money for upgrades (I didn't pay a penny, myself and had a good few hours fun from it)

Anyway full list here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2016/post255
Post edited February 14, 2016 by Fever_Discordia
Austrobogulator: When people say 'oh, the game's not new, so it's okay to spoil', is the implication that if a game's a couple of years old then anyone with any interest in the game has already played it? That seems a little bit of an unreasonable expectation.
It's not, I was just too pissed to consider it at the time.
Mass Effect (PS3)

Until recently I thought I'd never play ME. The PC version is out of question because of DRM, I don't have an Xbox 360, and on PS3 the first game of the series is only available in the Trilogy Edition, which is kind of rare and expensive. Then a few weeks ago I got lucky and found a used copy of the Trilogy in excellent condition and for a fair price. Picked it up in an instant, and here I am, having completed the first game.

ME already received enough praise throughout media and community, so let's focus on its flaws for a change, shall we?

First there is something I did not expect at all: Bugs. And I'm not talking about flickering textures or wall clippings. I'm talking about game breakers and crashes. Three times I had to restart the console and lost my progress, all in all about two hours. Is this only an issue with the PS3 port?

Next there's the loading times. They're ridiculous. Even the "Press Start" screen after launching the game takes about ten seconds to load up completely. Hell, even saving freezes the game for multiple seconds! Again, is this due to a bad PS3 port?

Last but not least my biggest complaint: The menus are horribly dysfunctional. For an RPG, where you spend a lot of time navigating through menus, that's quite a big issue. For instance, when you're at the weapon mod selection screen there's no Back button. You are forced to select and confirm one of the items in order to leave this screen. And it took me a while to figure out that the currently equipped item is always the one on top. Why couldn't there be a clearly highlighted slot for that? And why couldn't there be a fucking Back button anyway? Every other screen has it, except for this particular one where the button is greyed out. Oh, and the menus at the merchants are a total mess with no sort options whatsoever. When your inventory is full you have to browse through 150 randomly sorted slots. And guess what: You can't scroll by holding down the button. No sir. You have to tap it for every single step...

So, how did I like the game overall? Well, I generally dislike space/Sci Fi settings, and RPG isn't my no. 1 genre either, thus my expectations weren't too big. And as expected, it didn't impress me that much. But I can see why so many people love it. It's ambitious, addictive, well made (except for the flaws mentioned above), and offers a decent amount of content. Took me 40 hours to finish it. In a few months I'll get back to part 2.

-my 2016 list-
Tales from the Borderlands

I liked it. I think it does the Borderlands setting justice, captures the right feel, makes you want to go back to playing Borderlands 2 again. The story, characters and cinematic presentation are very entertaining, and in some parts even got a chuckle out of me or put a smile on my face. Soundtrack and voice-overs are great as well (Laura Bailey kicks ass as usual!). Choices actually do make some difference, although not enough to make me want to replay it. Any attempts by Telltale to introduce proper gameplay and real interactivity via button-mashing and 'Simon Says' QTEs are as clumsy as ever ('we now grant you five seconds of freedom to press this one and only button on the screen!' :P), but having played through TWD and TWAU already, I didn't expect it to be any different, and the good thing is, at least it never gets in the way of progression; sometimes it's even used for a laugh. All in all the game is fun, if you accept it for what it is (and if you don't compare its gameplay to Dontnod's Life Is Strange, which managed to turn Telltale's lukewarm formula into something a little more ambitious and engaging, in terms of gameplay). Still, highly recommended to anyone who sets more store in good story-telling than in interesting mechanics.

Some minor quibbles: I thought that having more than one meta level in the narration was a bit overkill and inconsistent. The story is supposed to be told by the two main characters, but then there's still the original Borderlands narrator on top of it, which I felt was only there as an homage and to summarizing each episode, not because it added to the narration. And I didn't like that they put the choice statistics of the last episode in the credits, so that you only had a few seconds to read it (I hate reading under time pressure, it spoils all the fun!). Fortunately, they gave me a second chance to read them after the credits, but at that point, the damage was done already. Although, frankly, often the choices they displayed felt pretty random (like what color did players choose for a vehicle?), while more interesting choices were left out. Anyway, as a Borderlands movie series with some choices thrown in, it was a very nice experience. At the very least up to par with The Wolf Among Us, and more fun than The Walking Dead.
Post edited February 14, 2016 by Leroux
Republic Commando

Really surprised how good this was. I should have bought this back when I saw it for like 10 quid almost 10 years ago.

Its a short one but a sweet one. Surprisingly ahead of its time as an FPS with good squad mechanics.

Really wish there were more missions or campaigns. More weapons would have been nice but I like the system they chose to go with.
ScotchMonkey: Republic Commando
Its a short one but a sweet one.
How short, would you say?