It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

xa_chan:
budejovice: Would you, or anyone else, recommend playing Returns, Honk Kong, then Dragonfall? (I have only played Returns and plan to replay it before I play the others.)
Story wise it doesn't matter as they are not related in any way. But playing Hong-Kong before Dragonfall might be a little strange on the hacking side, because you'll have to go from Return's system to Hong-Kong's system, then back to return's system...
xa_chan: So, I've finished LEGO: Pirates of the carribean
Vitek: Where'd you get it?
I have Gamesplanet.de version and it was the most buggy LEGO game I have played by far. It was wonder we managed to finish it.
I have bought it during the sales on Steam, at the same time I completed my collection with LEGO Indiana Jones and the two LEGO Star Wars games. I must admit that I had one bug that made me reloading the game (a NPC wasn't responding anymore) and one crash on desktop, but apart from that, no real bugs. I was more concerned about the maniability.
Post edited January 05, 2016 by xa_chan
Grargar: Klumpen0815
The link behind my name goes to post 3 (yours) instead of number 6.

cheers
Klumpen0815: The link behind my name goes to post 3 (yours) instead of number 6.

cheers
Fixed and thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Monsters ate my Birthday Cake (Android Tablet)

This game was a really pleasant surprise.
The title suggested some Android shovelware but it's actually a really good and innovative puzzle game with a silly but cute story and good touch screen controls.
I highly recommend it for puzzle friends that want something more casual and less hard with multiple characters per level.

There are only two downsides:
1) Unfair clipping: If you stand on a dangerous spot with only a few pixels while the rest is on safe ground, you'll die if the floor gets lethal, making you do the whole level again. If you already know what to do, the levels are not so lang though, so it wasn't more than a minor annoyance.
2) The performance / framerate drops significantly in the shadow realm (later levels), rendering some of the stars you only get by being fast unreachable for me.
3) In order to find all the wisps (last quest), you have to search all the levels for dimensional gates again, that were not in them before. This was the only part where I needed hints, which are never easy to find for such unknown games.

Besides the stars not possible on my tablet thanks to the performance drop, I got every item, every monster and every star and consider it finished. It was a very nice game and I've been playing it occasionally for a month.

List
Post edited February 14, 2016 by Klumpen0815
Resonance

One of my more favorite games from Wadjet eye games, although not their creation.
The characters are likeable and the story is interesting, but I thought the antagonists were not intimidating enough. Interesting? Yes. But not intimidating. The social commentary about government surveillance was interesting, but not explored enough. Puzzles are fair and entertaining even though a few can drag on and the twist is one of the better ones I've seen.
I give this game a 8/10
Leisure Luit Larry - Reloaded (WinXP)

Although there is a native Linux port, it is still not available here on GoG for some reason, just like many other existing Linux ports of games sold here.

It's a good remake and very faithful to the original. I'd have changed the control system but they kept the old one. The graphics are good, for some reason they changed some of the girls significantly though. Eve isn't a black beauty anymore but rather a mix. The diseased hooker isn't black anymore either and instead of the unattractive old one, she is now Russian and really horribly disgusting. They added a swimmer, took away the christian cross around Faith's neck, added some small bits of content and made some minor changes in the puzzles.
The major improvement is that you don't have to replay from your last save (which was sometimes already doomed) but get set back in time to the last moment before the point of no return.

Technically, it's flawed, because like many others, the native mode doesn't have any FPS limiter and lets your GPU run on max, creating as many frames as possible and heating it up extremely. I had to fix the shortcut to force openGL so that this doesn't happen, it still needed too way much performance for such a simple game though. It obviously wasn't optimized very well, at least the Windows port.
Another bad thing about it is the repeated mentioning of the Kickstarter. It would have sufficed to mention this in the credits, but they go on and on about it. Kickstarter backers are written on a wall, some monologues of the narrator are about it suddenly in game and Al Lowe himself mentions it again right after beating the game and before showing the backers in the credits. This game isn't about immersion at all anyway, but they have taken this too far.

I'd recommend it to fans of the old adventures of the 80s that are happy to get rid of some of the major flaws of this time. Wait until GoG has all ports though or buy it somewhere where you get the Linux port with it.

List
Post edited January 05, 2016 by Klumpen0815
Super Hexagon

And boy am I proud about finishing this ultra tough game.

include me!

Please see this list. Yeah, annoying isn't it? Well the blame is on me. :(
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2016/post671
Post edited August 27, 2016 by PookaMustard
PookaMustard: Super Hexagon

include me!
It can be finished? oO?!

I always die after a few seconds and thought that's the whole point of the game.

include me!
Klumpen0815: It can be finished? oO?!

I always die after a few seconds and thought that's the whole point of the game.
I finished the first level ...

include me!

Apparently yes. Stay alive in every stage for 60 seconds and you get the real ending of the game, and of course, Hexagonest and Hyper Hexagonest are nothing to laugh at. The patterns are easy to memorize, the problem is getting past all the patterns and potential repeats of the same patterns all in sequence for a solid 60 seconds. And when you play the game, a second feels like a minute, and a minute feels like a year. So yeah, its all about endurance and having nerves of steel. And quick reflexive actions to respond to threat after threat.

PookaMustard: Apparently yes. Stay alive in every stage for 60 seconds and you get the real ending of the game, and of course, Hexagonest and Hyper Hexagonest are nothing to laugh at. The patterns are easy to memorize, the problem is getting past all the patterns and potential repeats of the same patterns all in sequence for a solid 60 seconds. And when you play the game, a second feels like a minute, and a minute feels like a year. So yeah, its all about endurance and having nerves of steel. And quick reflexive actions to respond to threat after threat.
Wow, sounds like a game for OCD or inhuman dedication.
Klumpen0815: Wow, sounds like a game for OCD or inhuman dedication.
It is. You keep trying until you beat the game or quit in rage, which I almost did. The day after I supposedly quit in rage, January 2, I beat the game. I still couldn't get my hands offa it.
4PM

This is a short narrative adventure with several possible endings based on a few choices you make. Though it doesn't take my 4 years of experience in bottom-rung social work to stumble upon the best ending. I ran through it a few more times to check all the possibilities. You are a woman in crisis and you encounter a man in crisis. A touch of story to go along. A stealth section...

The voice acting is pretty good for the most part, though one character wasn't voiced well. The story isn't all that rewarding and the writing isn't that great.

But I liked the graphics. Though very short, it's a pretty big game. There are some nice cityscapes. There are also some pretty cool design choices.

It's short, but it was bundled - 9 games for a buck (8 if you don't use Steam like me, but that one was Inherit the Earth - I have it here, but nice for Steam people). I don't regret playing it at all - and enjoyed some of the scenery - but I also didn't regret recovering the 3.15GB of drive space. :)

I bought this in the Remute's Does Time Really Exist Bundle at groupees in January 2015.

list

P.S. Thanks for your thoughts above xa_chan & Cyraxpt!
Post edited January 05, 2016 by budejovice
Alan Wake's American Nightmare. A short expansion/DLC for the original game that plops Alan in a southwestern setting and pits him against an evil version of himself. As a small and probably somewhat cheaply made addendum to the main game, this recycles three levels - a motel, an observatory, and a drive-in movie theater - but thankfully the creators realized that replaying these levels repeatedly would get old fast so each successive loop is shorter than the last.

Despite the short length and repetitive setting, I found myself enjoying this more than the original game because they tweaked the combat to speed things up a bit, mainly in that the flashlight burns the darkness off the enemies faster. There are also some new enemy types that are kind of cool.

I wouldn't say these games are favorites of mine, but they're entertaining, especially since I got them from a bundle.
Back to the Future: The Game (PC)

My first Telltale game. Compared to all the other point-and-click adventures I played there's noticeably less puzzle solving and combining objects. Instead the game's more focussed on telling the story, mostly by giving you lots of dialogue to go through. An interesting approach, and probably the shape of things to come in terms of how Telltale supposedly designed their games from TWD on. Even more than entertaining me it made me curious about TWD.