It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enebias: the story is not shown trough elements you can find while playing, but exclusively trough very frequent cut scenes
Your review was more or less decent but at this part you were being misleading. There are notes/journals scattered around the world that you can collect. They give exposition and further narration to the story.
Dying Light
Great game, I had a lot of fun with it.
Probably the best zombie open world game I've played.
Please include me: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2016/post65

Just finished Tiny Barbarian DX. Pretty challenging with a sweet soundtrack. :)
Never Alone

Ehhh... it's sort of charming, but the gameplay is a bit too simplistic and glitchy, and the game is very short. The story revolves around folklore, but is still pretty basic without any real "wowza"-elements. One thing I didn't understand: why was I able, in some levels, swim without problems and even hold my breath what is probably an eternity, but in some levels it's an instant death? Also, why did the fox have to facepalm every time I died (which happened quite often)...not encouraging. Anyway...if you really, really care about the Alaskan folklore, I guess get the game: at least there are a lot of video material where they tell about their history and culture. But if you're looking for the next best 2D platformer...I'm afraid this one isn't it.
Feb 23 - Battle Realms
Feb 27 - Battle Realms | Winter of the Wolf
Mar 12 - Retro City Rampage DX
Mar 28 - Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
July 07 - Thief Gold
July 14 - Thief 2
Nov 05 - Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition
Nov 17 - Invisible Inc. + Contingency Plan/b]
Post edited November 17, 2016 by Xerafex
Hitman: Bloodmoney (PS2)

Unfortunately you can't get this game on gog, which is a shame because it was awesome. There are a lot more ways to kill someone such as bomb in a wedding cake or knocking someone into a shark tank. After every level you see a newspaper report about your most recent assassination which will either praise you or insult you. Levels are filled with a lot more people, a level during Mardi Gras looks like it has around 100 - 200. On a few occasions I found myself hatching these daring plans of trying to kill people involving clever disguises and spiking drinks only for the target to lean against a balcony overlooking a 50ft drop and... *Shove*. The only bad part I can think of is the last level is very action orientated and you can't use stealth at all, so if you've been playing stealthily it can prove difficult suddenly changing tactics (Took me 4 tries).

I would thoroughly recommend this game as it is one of the best stealth game I've ever played.

I'm concentrating on completing the PS2 games I'd never really played atm, I've got 4 left to complete:
Lego Star Wars, Mafia, Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, and Spiderman 2.
Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1: A Dreadly Business

I backed the Kickstarter project for the second episode before playing this, and now I'm glad I did.

It's a very charming adventure game, with humour that hit me just right, including some groan worthy puns. It was quite short and easy, which I also count as plusses. The down side is that the story doesn't end, but luckily the second episode got funded, so I'll be waiting for the results of that.
Enebias: the story is not shown trough elements you can find while playing, but exclusively trough very frequent cut scenes
elendiel7: Your review was more or less decent but at this part you were being misleading. There are notes/journals scattered around the world that you can collect. They give exposition and further narration to the story.
Thanks for the flattering "more or less decent"! :P

By the way, I have not been misleading. The journal pages where introduced in the Redux version, which as I specified is not the one I have played.
Post edited January 11, 2016 by Enebias
Dragon Age: Origins

If you get past the trying too hard marketing and kind of average name, not exactly Icewind Dale as far as the name goes, there's a pretty decent rpg in there.

Combat system was decent, although a lot of times your really outnumbered, so crowd control is important. It was also pretty tough at times, a standard party configuration might find some battles really tough. I went with maximum defense with two tanks and two mages specializing in different paths.

Felt like you could confuse it with Baldur's Gate 3 or Neverwinter Nights 3 with nice new graphics a lot of the time. Also felt a little souless at times, like a paint by numbers bioware rpg, at least it was a well done painting by numbers.

Had some very decent graphics and sound as well as fair few minor annoyances, like an really unhelpful note log system, sometimes completing quests but having no idea which one it was or what you even did, a few fetch quests, a few pixel hunts and an average overworld map.

The premium downloadable content, that was actually written in dialog options and quests and were not complete-able unless you download them was really bad form.

Pretty recommendable if your not playing something better right now.
Torchlight 1
It was giveaway here, but only now I tried to play it after finishing sequel. Actually I played this even earlier, but gave up somewhere in 5th floor after testing each class.
Why? Game give no challenge. I'm not a good player but still - game was too easy that bloggle my mind "why there are lower difficulty settings then for?".

Then in 2016 I found the moment where challenge come, on the 30-34 floors, in so called Dark Palace.
Enemies charging at you from out of your vision? Mages that span magic misses than kill you in one hit? Hordes of tiny skeletons, who have lot of HP, nice armor and dodge like Agent Smith (also comes out of nowhere thanks to camera)?
All that hidden behind the display thanks to the isometric view and low placed camera...

Game is not netbook friendlt, same to sequel. Work like mess on ~15 FPS, insane loading times...
Game also have problem with targeting You click on enemy but it goes elsewhere.
Especially with charging skeletons, when you press Shift to stay in place, but still missing.
For some reason detection and hitboxes are borked on the stairways. No idea why.

I swear when I reached 30th floor I got like 6 deaths on Hard, then when I crossed portal to the city I got 150 deaths and can't level up anymore because I lost so many XP on resurrections.

I swear the last boss have more than 1mln HP, he blocked me and himself into the corner, so he don't attack and enemies don't jump at me.
Still spend 30min or more with LMB presses on him.
Worst Saturday Night ever.
Post edited January 11, 2016 by SpecShadow
Enebias: snip
Oh sorry then.
finished games in 2016? it 11th January for fuck sake

gimme some time i havent even cleaned up from NYE!! :P
American McGee's Grimm

Make it... ridiculous.

I don't believe in Hell, but if I'm wrong about that, then I imagine that's where I'm heading. This was good practice for that.: horrible and endless.

I have assumed for many years, since long before this was made, that the inside of a libertarian's mind was exactly this, shot-for-shot. Now I know it's the truth...

I chuckled far less than 23 times (which is the number of episodes these people decided to burden humanity with).

I bought Grimm on GOG in June 2014. For 80% off whew... :)

list
Post edited January 11, 2016 by budejovice
budejovice: American McGee's Grimm

Make it... ridiculous.

I don't believe in Hell, but if I'm wrong about that, then I imagine that's where I'm heading. This was good practice for that.: horrible and endless.

I have assumed for many years, since long before this was made, that the inside of a libertarian's mind was exactly this, shot-for-shot. Now I know it's the truth...

I chuckled far less than 23 times (which is the number of episodes these people decided to burden humanity with).

list
It's fun to play for a while. After that you still have 22 episodes to go though.
omega64: It's fun to play for a while. After that you still have 22 episodes to go though.
I didn't hate every second of it. I somewhat enjoyed the changing visuals for a while. Everything was trippy. But I certainly hated every second of the last half of it at bare minimum. More like the last 18 or so episodes. :)
Post edited January 11, 2016 by budejovice