It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I was going to post something similar but that poster pretty much covered everything. EA would prefer to let GOG have all of those games except for GRID. Don't know why they wouldn't let Zoom continue its work if it can get things working that GOG can't. GOG wouldn't be selling Killing Time, if it weren't for Zoom. How long before Mega Lo Mania shows up here, now that it works?

Maybe GOG should use some of their money for hiring people with more skill, instead of "borrowing" games from someone else after they can get them to work. GOG could come upstairs from the basement and ask for a bigger allowance from CDPR for that. What would GOG have done about Killing Time if Zoom hadn't done what GOG said was impossible?

"And what technical skills?" If there's no skill involved then how is a "kid in the basement" showing GOG up?
high rated
foad01: "I have heard through the gaming grapevine that EA is planning to cancel its contract with Zoom and de-list these games in the near future."

Looks like someone broke some NDAs here.

"I know you also have a contract with GOG, who do DRM-free games. However, Zoom Platform has distinguished itself from GOG in many areas. They have a strong track record of getting older games working that GOG can't. For example, Mega-lo-Mania is one that GOG had deemed impossible to get working on modern PCs, but Zoom has done it. They also have a great community, a very strong focus on quality and their customer service is far better and more responsive than GOG's."

"Zoom Platform has the technical skills that GOG doesn't to get these games working on modern PCs and help EA win back some respect and goodwill from the gaming community by releasing these old titles DRM-free."

Does they really think that attacking another store in this request is a convincing argument? And what technical skills?

I mean...

LOL. The Zoom Platform shills are hilarious.
Yeah, it's hilarious that that guy feels the need to bring up GOG and make stupid nonsensical criticisms, it's really childish.
DoomSooth: [...]
Making older games working again on modern systems shouldn't be considered as a competition.

Alexim: Yeah, it's hilarious that that guy feels the need to bring up GOG and make stupid nonsensical criticisms, it's really childish.
Exactly.
foad01: Making older games working again on modern systems shouldn't be considered as a competition.
It shouldn't be but it is.
foad01: Does they really think that attacking another store in this request is a convincing argument? And what technical skills?

I mean...

"What technical skills?"

It seems you are quite ignorant of how difficult it is to strip DRM and get some older games working on modern systems.

Also, with your comments, you are showing clearly what a shameless GOG fanboy you are. Any true supporter of DRM-free would be saddened at the prospect of DRM-free games being de-listed from the only store where they are available.
Post edited September 01, 2022 by Time4Tea
high rated
foad01: Does they really think that attacking another store in this request is a convincing argument? And what technical skills?

I mean...

Time4Tea: "What technical skills?"

It seems you are quite ignorant of how difficult it is to strip DRM and get some older games working on modern systems.

Also, with your comments, you are showing clearly what a shameless GOG fanboy you are. Any true supporter of DRM-free would be saddened at the prospect of DRM-free games being de-listed from the only store where they are available.
and you continue to show how much of a shill you are by constantly showing up to defend Zoom from honest criticism by name calling and attacking people. Way to go.

Also to everyone else this thread is about games being delisted from GOG so please move the ZP talk to the appropriate thread.
Post edited September 01, 2022 by wolfsite
foad01: "I have heard through the gaming grapevine that EA is planning to cancel its contract with Zoom and de-list these games in the near future."

Also, to address this point: you are mistaken here as well. I don't have a link, but Jordan Freeman posted a public letter in the Zoom Discord news channel this morning, explaining quite openly about the situation with EA. So, it is effectively public knowledge at this point.

At the risk of being accused of 'shilling' (as usual), Jordan and Zoom tend to be fairly open (as far as they can be) about what is going on 'behind the scenes'.
high rated

Time4Tea: Also, to address this point: you are mistaken here as well. I don't have a link, but Jordan Freeman posted a public letter in the Zoom Discord news channel this morning, explaining quite openly about the situation with EA. So, it is effectively public knowledge at this point.

At the risk of being accused of 'shilling' (as usual), Jordan and Zoom tend to be fairly open (as far as they can be) about what is going on 'behind the scenes'.
Seriously, you sound like a member of the ZP marketing Team, how do you expect people to believe you are not a shill when you constantly do this, always being there to defend them at any point, doing massive mental gymnastics and digging for any info to put them in the best possible light.
wolfsite: and you continue to show how much of a shill you are by constantly showing up to defend Zoom from honest criticism by name calling and attacking people. Way to go.

Also to everyone else this thread is about games being delisted from GOG so please move the ZP talk to the appropriate thread.
Give me a break, wolfsite (how predictable that you are also throwing in your 2c ...).

If you would care to check, I'm not the one who first brought up Zoom in recent posts. I posted to counter what seemed to be some clear misinformation. If you don't want me to 'defend' Zoom on here, then it would seem reasonable for others not to attack them, no? Or, is it ok to mention other stores on the GOG forum, as long as it is derogatory?

wolfsite: Seriously, you sound like a member of the ZP marketing Team, how do you expect people to believe you are not a shill when you constantly do this, always being there to defend them at any point, doing massive mental gymnastics and digging for any info to put them in the best possible light.
Why shouldn't I speak up to defend a store that I like against attacks and blatant misinformation? I have every right to do that and I will continue to do so. I assume you're also planning to harass people every time they mention Steam, Epic?

I will post what I want (within the forum rules) and I couldn't care less what you think.
Post edited September 01, 2022 by Time4Tea
high rated
wolfsite: and you continue to show how much of a shill you are by constantly showing up to defend Zoom from honest criticism by name calling and attacking people. Way to go.

Time4Tea: Give me a break, wolfsite (how predictable that you are also throwing in your 2c ...).

If you would care to check, I'm not the one who first brought up Zoom in recent posts. I posted to counter what seemed to be some clear misinformation. If you don't want me to 'defend' Zoom on here, then it would seem reasonable for others not to attack them, no? Or, is it ok to mention other stores on the GOG forum, as long as it is derogatory?
I did check, and my discoveries are that whenever someone makes a negative comment about ZP, no matter how insignificant, you are ALWAYS there to defend them. You are always there and you always attack others for having bad things to say.

Yet at the same time you claim to be a victim when you break forums rules to praise and promote ZP, which you do a lot by the way, acting like you are the victim despite clearly breaking the forum rules.

So how about you just accept tat people can have a negative opinion about ZP and move on? People can have negative opinions, that's life. ZP doesn't need you rushing to defend them every single time.

I have seen people have bad opinions about GOG and that is fine, they are entitled to them, hell I have apologized to users in the past when I realized I was being a jerk for not allowing people to share bad experiences they have had, things can get heated quickly online and sometimes you can forget yourself in that.

Hell if we met in real life and had a proper chat I'm sure we could see how silly this is and we could go for a drink or something, I'm sure you are a great person in real life compared to the limited engagement there is here.

But in the end they are a company, and no company has a perfect reputation, People will have bad experiences, you just need to accept that and move on.

Time4Tea: Give me a break, wolfsite (how predictable that you are also throwing in your 2c ...).

wolfsite: Seriously, you sound like a member of the ZP marketing Team, how do you expect people to believe you are not a shill when you constantly do this, always being there to defend them at any point, doing massive mental gymnastics and digging for any info to put them in the best possible light.
Time4Tea: Why shouldn't I speak up to defend a store that I like against attacks and blatant misinformation? I have every right to do that and I will continue to do so. I assume you're also planning to harass people every time they mention Steam, Epic?

I will post what I want (within the forum rules) and I couldn't care less what you think.
Blatant misinformation, really? this right here shows that you are either a shill or an employee to immediately dismiss people just because you don't like what they have to say......

But again please move this to PM's we are breaking forum rules (those things you keep claiming to observe) by having this here. Please end it so this thread can move back to it's main point of discussion.

If anything your actions have shown I made the right decision to delete my ZP account you guys are just way too abusive.
Post edited September 01, 2022 by wolfsite
high rated
Maybe you guys should stick to talking about games at risk of being removed and nothing else.
Time4Tea: "What technical skills?"

At least you have used the word "seems". In the Fulqrum Publishing thread you used "GOGfenders" and now "shameless GOG fanboy".

Time4Tea: Also, to address this point: you are mistaken here as well. [...]
The statement "Looks like someone broke some NDAs here." leaves the option to be wrong. Have you noticed it? I guess not.

Your posts in this thread reveal a certain aggressiveness, especially those directed at me. You are acting childish like the person who wrote the nonsensical post on EA Games AnswerHQ. You are the person who is clearly biased here.

I really hope you don't reply to this post and you try to think about your behavior.
Post edited September 01, 2022 by foad01
The Embracer Group has completed the acquisition of Crystal Dynamics, Eidos-Montreal and Square Enix Montreal, alongside 50+ games like Deus Ex, Legacy of Kain, Thief, Tomb Raider, etc. A removal is far from certain, but you can never be too sure with IP transfers.
https://embracer.com/release/embracer-group-completes-acquisition-of-crystal-dynamics-eidos-montreal-square-enix-montreal-amongst-other-assets/
Post edited September 01, 2022 by Grargar
Grargar: The Embracer Group has completed the acquisition of Crystal Dynamics, Eidos-Montreal and Square Enix Montreal, alongside 50+ games like Deus Ex, Legacy of Kain, Thief, Tomb Raider, etc. A removal is far from certain, but you can never be too sure with IP transfers.
https://embracer.com/release/embracer-group-completes-acquisition-of-crystal-dynamics-eidos-montreal-square-enix-montreal-amongst-other-assets/
Yes you are right, an IP-transfer is a possible risk for existing contracts. However as the subsidiaries of the Embracer Groupe are quite present on GOG, I would argue that this may be a rather good sign, than a bad one.
Grargar: The Embracer Group has completed the acquisition of Crystal Dynamics, Eidos-Montreal and Square Enix Montreal, alongside 50+ games like Deus Ex, Legacy of Kain, Thief, Tomb Raider, etc. A removal is far from certain, but you can never be too sure with IP transfers.
Embracer Group has a hands off approach with there studios, which is the reason why we see THQNordic publish here but not Gearbox. So this may just come down to if those studios want to continue here.