It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thank god for friends.

What's better than Awakening by yourself? Awakening with a friend, of course.

<span class="bold">Thea: The Awakening</span>, the turn-based strategy/RPG inspired by Slavic mythology, just received a FREE DLC appropriately named MultiPrayer. It brings a two-player co-op mode, where each of them starts in their own village, with all citizens sharing a common faith in the same god. Fair distribution of resources, workforce, and tasks is key to achieving success and navigating the random events that keep popping up on both sides of the terrain.

Bugfixes, UI improvements, new stories, and an additional available building also come bundled in this free update for <span class="bold">Thea: The Awakening</span>, that is certain to renew your faith in the strategic benefits of friendship.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/C6aoABlJhQ8
Post edited June 24, 2016 by maladr0Id
Turn-based RPG is far from being my preferred genre, yet I can't even think of not getting this game whenever I look at its screenshots or read about it. Even more so when the devs give us free DLC.

The game was already on my wishlist and the only reason it'll stay there a while longer is that my finances demand so for now (especially after the summer sale).
Wow, another free DLC? And it adds multiprayer? Big thumbs up to the devs!

Bought this game two weeks ago and it turned out to be a bit different from what I expected (e.g., I thought you could build additional villages). But it is very compelling and it also has some interesting lore (Orcs are a matriarchy). And it seems to be free of bugs.

What I'd like to see is an option to limit the total number you are allowed to have to 20 or so (i.e., a hard limit on total pop, not like the optional group limit in the game). Early on every single person is important, you really grow attached to them and it really hurts to lose somebody. Later on, with 40+ population, they become fairly dispensable and it doesn't really matter anymore if you're losing even a couple of them in a hard challenge.
Ixamyakxim: *bump*

No love? These guys and this game are awesome. Check it out if you're remotely interested - there's a lot to like here, very unique game and setting.
I'm considering buying the game, but I'd like to know a few things first.

1. Does it work through wine without issues? Or is there some updated Linux version available after purchase? I've tried the free Linux version, but the bugs make it slightly irritating to play and I'm assuming it's outdated compared to the Windows version.

2. Does the game still use the "broken by design" save system? Reminds me of Eador:Genesis, another otherwise great game, where if you want to manage multiple saves per game, you have to use external file managers, because the game fails to provide such basic functionality.

3. Does the game have any official community site, or something where players (and developers) can communicate? I've only found some steam threads and a wiki, but I'm not sure if those are the right place to discuss bugs, find people to play with, etc.

If the game suffers from lack of popularity, I'd attribute it to poor web presence - the information about the game is scattered, disorganized and it's hard to find a good community bonding place for players.
Xinef:
PM Incoming!
MuHa games earned a spot in my "Great Developers" sheet. Thumbs up & thank you!
Nice, I shall pick it up during the next sale.
Ixamyakxim: LOL - I was sold when they said "We suck at Linux, but here's the code - knock yourself out getting it to run." Class acts - the fact that they continue to support it with free DLC is no surprise at all.

And on top of all that, it's actually a great game with a lot of unique mechanics and fun gameplay.
IAmSinistar: Quite so. I backed them on KS, where they struggled as well. I guess their game is just a bit too different for broad success, but people really should give it a chance.
If only it would rely less (a lot less, preferably only tiny little bit) on all mighty RNG that can screw you over no matter what you do (game being able to randomly kill off people is deal breaker for me, option to prevent people dying should always be available especially if I can't reload to avoid whole thing). If only combat was not a card game or at least you had full control of setting up who's in the front and who stay behind as support so you could plan your tactics and not have situations where all your weakest people ending up being in front and your strongest serve as support.
It looks like the multiplayer is already incorporated into the main file. Do you guys know if I install the game, do I need to install the patches? The patches look dated so I was not sure. Also, there was an extra story bundle file. How do I incorporate that into the game? DO I just place the 2 files into Thea_Data?
IAmSinistar: Quite so. I backed them on KS, where they struggled as well. I guess their game is just a bit too different for broad success, but people really should give it a chance.
Petrell: If only it would rely less (a lot less, preferably only tiny little bit) on all mighty RNG that can screw you over no matter what you do (game being able to randomly kill off people is deal breaker for me, option to prevent people dying should always be available especially if I can't reload to avoid whole thing). If only combat was not a card game or at least you had full control of setting up who's in the front and who stay behind as support so you could plan your tactics and not have situations where all your weakest people ending up being in front and your strongest serve as support.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think very few random events outright kill people, and usually when it happens, it seems to happen because you're doing the wrong thing, wrong in terms of regrowing back Thea, or just generally not roleplaying a chaotic evil sort of god.

" not have situations where all your weakest people ending up being in front and your strongest serve as support."

I've had maybe two or three combats where all my "weakest" people were in the front, and that made things difficult. Generally, you'd want to have no more than a third of your party being weak combat-wise, when you're entering a standard combat challenge (as opposed to sneak, social or whatever else) and if this happens routinely you need to rethink your party composition.
priestlyjudas: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think very few random events outright kill people, and usually when it happens, it seems to happen because you're doing the wrong thing, wrong in terms of regrowing back Thea, or just generally not roleplaying a chaotic evil sort of god.
I've only watched LP's so don't quote me on this but it seems to happen roughly once per game but it doesn't really matter to me as change of it happening with no way of avoiding and at least letting me choose who dies is a no go for me.

priestlyjudas: I've had maybe two or three combats where all my "weakest" people were in the front, and that made things difficult. Generally, you'd want to have no more than a third of your party being weak combat-wise, when you're entering a standard combat challenge (as opposed to sneak, social or whatever else) and if this happens routinely you need to rethink your party composition.
How about instead letting me choose who always fight, who are in reserve and who will never be in front line? But nooo, that would not let RNG screw player over. Dev might as well have implement % change of player losing the game each turn for no reason, with YOU LOSE NYAH NYAH! and middle finger screen.
Post edited June 30, 2016 by Petrell
These guys are absolutely awesome. More real content for free. Thea is a great great game, on my Hall of Fame list. Anyone remotely interested in this game, BUY it, you will love it and play it forever!!!!
mythtrip: These guys are absolutely awesome. More real content for free. Thea is a great great game, on my Hall of Fame list. Anyone remotely interested in this game, BUY it, you will love it and play it forever!!!!
Agreed, these guys are awesome :)

Petrell: How about instead letting me choose who always fight, who are in reserve and who will never be in front line?
Would like to see this in a future update. Something like "select three fixed characters for each the fight and the tactics deck, the remainder is distributed randomly (as usual)". Currently you're best off turning everyone into a jack/jill-of-all-trades which is kinda boring.