It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zeogold: Am I up next? I thought it was you.
If it's me, lemme know and I can start throwing it together.
Bookwyrm627: Part of it is a question of how meaty the game is. Thanksgiving is next week for the Americans, and several people have indicated they need a break from Mafia. December gets into Christmas; I know that means my schedule fills up with RL events, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I dunno if you guys have played Resistance before, but it's literally just that with a few extra gimmicks.
zeogold: Am I up next? I thought it was you.
If it's me, lemme know and I can start throwing it together.
flubbucket: It is me.

I'm getting the feeling it is time for a vacation. You are welcome to open things up to a short and sweet game to see if there's interest. I'm cool with waiting until the holiday season has past. I'm getting a visit from the grandson in a week so I'll be busy teaching him profanity and feeding him gum.

However I'll keep this topic fresh so we don't forget what's important.
Alright. I'll see how it rolls, but I'll at least start putting the game together so I'm ready to throw it down when y'all want it.
Just beware that I've never actually hosted before, so I'll probably just be copy-pasting rules and using Tabletop Simulator to keep track of cards.
Post edited November 14, 2017 by zeogold
flubbucket: I'm getting a visit from the grandson in a week so I'll be busy teaching him profanity and feeding him gum.
Bookwyrm627: I still recall that picture of you in a chicken hat that you posted that one time.
I have no knowledge of such things.
zeogold: I dunno if you guys have played Resistance before, but it's literally just that with a few extra gimmicks.
Leonard hosted a Resistance game here already; you could ask him for advice on things to make your life as a mod for it easier.
zeogold: [...] I'll probably just be copy-pasting rules and using Tabletop Simulator to keep track of cards.
Is it based on the Kickstarter board game?
zeogold: [...] I'll probably just be copy-pasting rules and using Tabletop Simulator to keep track of cards.
HypersomniacLive: Is it based on the Kickstarter board game?
That's the one.
I was going to say I will probably join the next mafia game, but if it's based on Resistance, then there is no "probably" about it. Ready to join anytime.

In fact I was going to ask if I could host a Resistance-type mafia game some time next year myself.
zeogold: That's the one.
Didn't you play when I ran it?
ZFR: .................

In fact I was going to ask if I could host a Resistance-type mafia game some time next year myself.
That should be doable.

Remind us later and we'll have a talk with some guys and make something happen.
Leonard03: Didn't you play when I ran it?
Pretty sure the only game I ever played out 'till the end was the One Night Ultimate Werewolf one.
ZFR: I was going to say I will probably join the next mafia game, but if it's based on Resistance, then there is no "probably" about it. Ready to join anytime.
Well, it's based on Secret Hitler. Secret Hitler is just very similar to Resistance in the "pick a team, but part of the team could screw the mission" sense.
Post edited November 15, 2017 by zeogold
Damn, I would have liked to play Secret Hitler, but I just don't have the time until Chrismas.
zeogold: Pretty sure the only game I ever played out 'till the end was the One Night Ultimate Werewolf one.
Oops. I meant to quote HSL there.
BTW, I think you have it backwards, Secret Hitler is based on The Resistance.

I thought you played when I ran that Resistance game?
TheGOGfather: That should be doable.

Is the Godfather account handled by several people?
TheGOGfather: That should be doable.

ZFR: Is the Godfather account handled by several people?
Yes. I think the current roster is Krypsyn, Flub, and Vitek. It is used to indicate arbitration, overarching admin decisions, and provide official notices.
ZFR: Is the Godfather account handled by several people?
Bookwyrm627: Yes. I think the current roster is Krypsyn, Flub, and Vitek. It is used to indicate arbitration, overarching admin decisions, and provide official notices.
There are actually four.

But I'll leave that as a mystery.
I went through the print & play file and the rules, and I have a question regarding the Legislative Session.

The rules set says that there are 6 Liberal and 11 Fascist policies. I assume that when it comes to enacting a policy, the players besides the Chancellor don't know if it's a Liberal or Fascist one, yes?
Are the policies specific (aside from the powers granted to the President by Fascist ones)? The print & play file suggests they aren't, so how does one go about getting a policy enacted? Especially about the first ones when there's still no feeling about others' alignment?

Unless there are more details in the actual board game rules set?

Leonard03: [...] I thought you played when I ran that Resistance game?
Nope, just observed, and don't quite remember it. And it's not among the games listed on the first page.

flubbucket: There are actually four.

But I'll leave that as a mystery.
If you're going to count your split personalities separately, at least count them all.