It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The summer chillout is in full swing and with it comes a natural drive towards taking things easy. That’s why this GOG GALAXY Day is the perfect occasion to introduce such an approach to organizing your gaming library. We’ll also show you how to get The Witcher: Enhanced Edition free of charge just by installing GOG GALAXY.

Create your unique game library
You can never have too much of a good thing, they say. When it comes to gaming libraries, this saying is surely true. Did you know that an average library on GOG GALAXY consists of 114 titles, while the biggest library has…20,497 games? Just imagine the hardships of navigating through such a formidable collection without the proper tools that GOG GALAXY can provide.

By using the “Assign tags” option next to each title (see the video below), you can easily divide your gaming library into smaller, intuitive collections. This way you won’t lose your favorite titles even after adding to your library of owned games from other platforms and subscription services like Xbox Game Pass, Uplay Plus, and Origin Access.

Get your copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
In addition to helping organize your game library, GOG GALAXY also gives you the chance to claim and keep the famous fantasy RPG from CD PROJEKT RED. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is widely considered one of the most ground-breaking RPGs ever made, and remains a must-play with its mature, non-linear story and challenging combat system.

To get this game free of charge, all you have to do is download the GOG GALAXY client and create an account. Once you’ve done that, head over to the "Recent" view and check the banner at the top. Click the giveaway button if you agree to receive news, updates, and GOG offers. After a while, the game will show up in your game library. This means you are ready to join Geralt of Rivia on his epic adventures!

Celebrate GOG GALAXY Day with us by discovering this useful and easy-to-access app. With it, you’ll be able to build huge libraries of exciting games (including a free copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition) without getting lost in the process.
high rated
I will celebrate Galaxy when it's finally stable and all the integrations stop disconnecting randomly. Also: still no Linux support.
djoxyk: but they're doing the same thing, positive PR campaign to give away Witchers (time and time again), to make CDPR look a bit better in the eyes of investors and consumers. who seriously would stomach playing original Witcher now? it has worse controls than early PS ports and suffers from bad optimization even now on much powerful PCs. this game technically is a joke, better to save your sanity and watch longplay with all cutscenes.
I think of The Witcher as a good game that still holds up to this day, despite some of its flaws. For example, alchemy had a solid implementation - I can't say the same about it in the second or third game. I haven't had any major issues with any of the games on several builds, overall an enjoyable experience all-around.
Still, the issue at hand is different. It's not so much about a game as it is about the constant push for Galaxy, whereas the offline installers seem to have taken a backseat. Add to that several other concerns and the whole picture is not so bright.
I can't say what the future holds since I'm no clairvoyant, but I don't have a good feeling about the direction GOG is following lately.
Oh sweet, so it's out of beta or got a big, substantial update?

...it did, right?
Oh man, I felt so dirty just reading that title. I need to wash the filth of Galaxy off me now, I'm not sure if a scourer will suffice or if I'll need a razor blade to scrape away it's taint.
Post edited June 24, 2021 by serpantino
GOG.com: The summer chillout is in full swing and with it comes a natural drive towards taking things easy. That’s why this GOG GALAXY Day is the perfect occasion to introduce such an approach to organizing your gaming library. We’ll also show you how to get The Witcher: Enhanced Edition free of charge just by installing GOG GALAXY.
I'll get on to installing that straight away¡
Except that I won't because there will never be Linux support... That lack of support is making Steam become my main client again.
vv221: [...]
Agree!! I used Galaxy for some time, but only as a sort of download manager.
skeletonbow: Keep up the good work guys, one of the best clients out there!
*Good work* - ROFL. I explained above how buggy, incomplete and illogical their work/concept is.
But since you like their client so much maybe YOU can tell me how to tag or hide a game per platform. You know this "something" I can do with every single client alone but not with GOG Galaxy.
SLP2000: Yeah, but they can try harder, like they did several times in the past. I want results, not effort.
OK, dude.
If Winnie The Poo wanted it fixed, it would be fixed already.
high rated
So! The only Galaxy day I want to see is the one where it is no longer available.

Everyone that uses GOG knows that you abandoned GOG Downloader and love your Galaxy project. Thanks for flinging more poo at those of us who like the old way. Lastly, the only reason the GOG Downloader is "obsolete" is because you refuse to update it. It is not obsolete, it is unsupported because you want everyone to use your crappy Galaxy client.
GOG.com: The summer chillout is in full swing and with it comes a natural drive towards taking things easy. That’s why this GOG GALAXY Day is the perfect occasion to introduce such an approach to organizing your gaming library. We’ll also show you how to get The Witcher: Enhanced Edition free of charge just by installing GOG GALAXY.

Create your unique game library
You can never have too much of a good thing, they say. When it comes to gaming libraries, this saying is surely true. Did you know that an average library on GOG GALAXY consists of 114 titles, while the biggest library has…20,497 games? Just imagine the hardships of navigating through such a formidable collection without the proper tools that GOG GALAXY can provide.
Hell my library is much smaller (consisting of around 3,000 games). I couldn't imagine the hardship of using Galaxy in its broken jankyness to navigate sucha a large library given how slow and clunky it is with my 3,000 game library. Sorry. Fix Galaxy to not be so broken and I'll be happy to celebrate Galaxy day with you.
skeletonbow: Keep up the good work guys, one of the best clients out there!
MarkoH01: *Good work* - ROFL. I explained above how buggy, incomplete and illogical their work/concept is.
But since you like their client so much maybe YOU can tell me how to tag or hide a game per platform. You know this "something" I can do with every single client alone but not with GOG Galaxy.
Well, it's certainly not a finished project. :) Hopefully they will add features like you've suggested in the future, sounds like a good idea!
HunchBluntley: ...So, you want them to purposely hold off on releasing any newer games on certain days, just to artificially make the old game releases more "special"?
SLP2000: Yeah, I want "good old games" sale. They hold off some games to release a racing games or sports games at once, so what's the problem with holding off some new games?
The problem is that they don't control when new games will release in other platforms. Should Gog hold a release and lose sales to Steam because "Sorry, it's oldies release day here"?

The racing/sports games were released only here at the time so they could be held up for a bigger release, but that isn't always the case with new games.

SLP2000: Yeah, but they can try harder, like they did several times in the past. I want results, not effort.
You're sounding like a CEO or any of several management types who have absolutely no contact with reality. :-)