It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good morning! Vault-Tec calling! You can't begin to know how happy I am to finally speak with you. I've been trying for days. It's a matter of utmost urgency, I assure you.

…Because Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition is now available on GOG with a -75% discount that lasts until August 31st, 2 PM UTC! That’s right, Bethesda Game Studios’ post-apocalyptic open-world RPG and another entry in their iconic franchise is ready to join your library!

We know you’ve waited and we couldn’t be happier that it is finally here. Moreover, if you want your locations enhanced and with ultra details, High Resolution Texture Pack is also available in our catalog, for free!

Make sure to also join our Twitch Stream on August 20th, 5 PM UTC and take our QUIZ to find out which main faction suits you best.

We believe that every Fallout game is a must-play title and Fallout 4 is no exception. With a unique blend of immersive storytelling, expansive exploration, and engaging gameplay mechanics, the game has captivated players' hearts and minds all over the world since its release.

At its core, Fallout 4 weaves a compelling narrative that captures the essence of survival in a world ravaged by nuclear devastation. You assume the role of the Sole Survivor, emerging from cryogenic stasis in the aftermath of the Great War, only to find yourself in a wasteland fraught with danger and mystery.

The Commonwealth, the wasteland's setting, is a sprawling expanse filled with unique locations, each with its own story to tell. From the decrepit remains of historic landmarks to the eerie beauty of irradiated forests, the world of Fallout 4 is a testament to the developers' attention to detail. Every nook and cranny holds surprises, and the exploration factor is enhanced by the inclusion of dynamic weather systems and a day-night cycle. The thrill of uncovering hidden treasures, unearthing lore, and encountering unexpected dangers is an adventure that never ceases.

Fallout 4 also introduced a revamped gameplay experience that seamlessly blends traditional RPG elements with modern mechanics. The S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system, which governs character attributes, and the intricate crafting system provide a sense of progression and customization. You can modify weapons and armor, construct settlements, and even create intricate machines to aid in your survival. The introduction of the Power Armor as a formidable tool adds an element of power and excitement to battles against mutated creatures and hostile factions.

And of course, one of Fallout 4's strongest assets is its replayability. The choices you make during the game significantly impact the outcome of the story, encouraging multiple playthroughs to explore various story arcs and character interactions. The diverse range of playstyles, whether focusing on combat, diplomacy, or stealth, ensures that every experience is distinct. The Commonwealth is a canvas for limitless creativity.

We could go on and on about why we love Fallout 4 but the most important thing is that you can now enjoy it DRM-free on GOG. So enough talking. Grab your copy, make full use of the discount and embrace the Wasteland – Fallout 4 guarantees an unforgettable journey. Have a great one!
MysterD: F76 is "meh". Though, I'd love to see it reworked and come to GOG with offline mode and/or some LAN/TCP-IP support...but I'm dreaming here.
It will be sad to one day lose all that content that could be played offline when they shut it down.

I enjoyed F76 a lot more than I thought I would. The worst part of it being the inventory limitations they purposely place on players to coax them into buying a subscription. Pretty much the same bullshit they pull with Elder Scrolls Online.
MysterD: F76 is "meh". Though, I'd love to see it reworked and come to GOG with offline mode and/or some LAN/TCP-IP support...but I'm dreaming here.
MikeMaximus: It will be sad to one day lose all that content that could be played offline when they shut it down.

I enjoyed F76 a lot more than I thought I would. The worst part of it being the inventory limitations they purposely place on players to coax them into buying a subscription. Pretty much the same bull ... they pull with Elder Scrolls Online.
There's another game (ESO) I'd love to see in its Complete Form someday get re-worked to offline and also get some LAN/ICP-IP support, once players abandon it.

Also, that can go for The Secret World / Secret World Legends and PC versions of D3 and D4.

A dude can dream, I guess. [shrug]
StingingVelvet: New Vegas is probably my favorite RPG/FPS hybrid type thing. Morrowind and Deus Ex 1 and 3 are right up there, but I think New Vegas might take it.
MysterD: Deus Ex 1 and HR DC are fantastic.
Deus Ex 1 to me is the best game ever made.

NV is also great.

Also loved Vampire: Bloodlines, while I'm at it; my favorite game of all time.
I am sorry, but top three games of all time are Deus Ex (shame there was never any sequel!), Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and Prey (2017) :D
StingingVelvet: New Vegas is probably my favorite RPG/FPS hybrid type thing. Morrowind and Deus Ex 1 and 3 are right up there, but I think New Vegas might take it.

NV is also great.

I am sorry, but top three games of all times are: Deus Ex (shame there was never any sequel), Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and Prey 2017:D
Post edited August 22, 2023 by Mafwek

NV is also great.

Mafwek: I am sorry, but top three games of all time are Deus Ex (shame there was never any sequel!), Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and Prey (2017) :D

NV is also great.

Mafwek: I am sorry, but top three games of all times are: Deus Ex (shame there was never any sequel), Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and Prey 2017:D
Prey 2017 is excellent. Also loved Bioshock series, since we're on immersive-sim Shock games - i.e BioShock series, System Shock series, and Prey 2017.

EDIT - About Deus Ex: IW, I think it's underrated - but yeah, it ain't even close to Deus Ex 1's level. Heck, I don't think IW's as good as HR or even MD, also.

While Deus Ex: The Fall wasn't great and all - I still wish we got a sequel or something to wrap that story up.

For me ... Deus Ex > Deus Ex HR with TML or DC Edition > Deus Ex: MD Deluxe > Deus Ex: IW > Deus Ex: The Fall.
Post edited August 22, 2023 by MysterD
Great release! ^_^
MysterD: EDIT - About Deus Ex: IW, I think it's underrated - but yeah, it ain't even close to Deus Ex 1's level. Heck, I don't think IW's as good as HR or even MD, also.

While Deus Ex: The Fall wasn't great and all - I still wish we got a sequel or something to wrap that story up.
Invisible War isn't bad honestly. It's one of those things where since it doesn't compete with 1, 3 and 4 people act like it's this awful piece of crap you should never touch, but it's an enjoyable game. I guess it depends on where your threshold for enjoyment is.
StingingVelvet: Invisible War isn't bad honestly. It's one of those things where since it doesn't compete with 1, 3 and 4 people act like it's this awful piece of crap you should never touch, but it's an enjoyable game. I guess it depends on where your threshold for enjoyment is.
Invisible War is a great game, just not a great Deus Ex game. Its the Clear Sky of the series I'd say.
MysterD: EDIT - About Deus Ex: IW, I think it's underrated - but yeah, it ain't even close to Deus Ex 1's level. Heck, I don't think IW's as good as HR or even MD, also.

StingingVelvet: Invisible War isn't bad honestly. It's one of those things where since it doesn't compete with 1, 3 and 4 people act like it's this awful piece of crap you should never touch, but it's an enjoyable game. I guess it depends on where your threshold for enjoyment is.
Exactly. IW is still good - but it's just the rest of the main ones in the series (Deus Ex GOTY, Deus Ex HR, and also Deus Ex MD) are great.

Same goes for Dragon Age II: Complete Edition, pretty much - it's good, but all of the others are great. DAO is the best of the DA games, TBH.

Sachys: Invisible War is a great game, just not a great Deus Ex game. Its the Clear Sky of the series I'd say.
That's a great analogy there.

STALKER series is great for the most part - i.e. SOC and COP.
Clear Sky is good, but...yeah, not as great as the other too. CS rehashes & remixes too much SOC, TBH.

Same can also be said about the Arkham games - all of the Rocksteady ones are all great (Batman AA, AC, and AK), but the WB ones are just only good (Batman AO and Gotham Knights).
Post edited August 23, 2023 by MysterD
This is like a dream coming true, super cool! After playing Skyrim, FO3, FONV here, now I have this FO4.
Awesome! I did test yesterday it seems to be working fine (Win10, RTX3060Ti).

I'm more than happy to play vanilla, I never mod my games (and yes I installed the High Res Tex Pack, I just don't wanna have to deal with mods at all), I like to play the original way it was design, so I'm a big fan of GOG versions.

And as I don't play too much games really I would be more than happy to pay the full price, but of course the discount is a welcome plus!
Finally, another game I own on steam that I can cross off my list. It's also the perfect time to replay the game, since I haven't played it since launch.
You know, I've just bitten the bullet and bought it on Steam about 15 days ago. Now, saw this on GOG. Instabought as soon as I got some money to spend.

Thanks GOG!! Much appreciated!!
thegreyshadow: You know, I've just bitten the bullet and bought it on Steam about 15 days ago. Now, saw this on GOG. Instabought as soon as I got some money to spend.

Thanks GOG!! Much appreciated!!
GoGs DRM-free games are always an upgrade :)
NuffCatnip: The game kept on crashing on me during the intro near the bridge, a reddit post helped me out:

Turn off Weapon Debris in graphics settings. It causes a crash there on modern Nvidia cards.

Thought it'd help a couple of you. :)
Yeah, this has been a known issue for so long that I would've thought it may appear somewhere on the Store page, it's that important. I didn't see it. Maybe sticky this post in the FO forum?

If you have an Nvidia card after (I wanna say after 700 series but I might be misremembering that) the game will crash with weapon debris enabled. They really should have made it off by default IMO. But it's not IF, it's only WHEN because with a newer Nvidia card and weapon debris enabled, IT WILL CRASH. Period.
Well, the Fallout Pip Boy app works on my phone and syncs with my game. Kinda surprised at that. Essentially you can use your phone as a pip boy for your game instead of bringing it up in game. Interesting - not sure I'm gonna use it but it's nice to have.
Whats a "modern" Nvidia card and whats the actual issue?