It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
GreasyDogMeat: If you want to make idiotic accusations about me having 'contempt for anyone with a mental illness'... then yeah I'm going to point out why that's a load of crap. Twits like yourself are very good at avoiding discussions by flinging accusations at people that express ideas that don't fit with your world view.

Think about it for a second... in all the years of western society did we suddenly have atrocious racism/sexism/etc etc in the 80s and 90s that has resulted in an entire generation of 'triggered' purple haired snow flakes whining on tumbler? PTSD my ass.

Yes... SOME of these people truly are victims of horrific abuse... I'm betting the vast majority are spoiled rotten privileged leftists.
Let's be fair here, I'm sure a fair bit of non-combat PTSD has nothing to do with claiming to be a victim...
Sure plenty of people use it as an excuse for their medical marijuana cards...
low rated
RWarehall: Let's be fair here, I'm sure a fair bit of non-combat PTSD has nothing to do with claiming to be a victim...
I'm not talking about people with legitimate issues.
low rated
RWarehall: Let's be fair here, I'm sure a fair bit of non-combat PTSD has nothing to do with claiming to be a victim...
GreasyDogMeat: I'm not talking about people with legitimate issues.
Are you a psychiatrist?
low rated
SirPrimalform: Are you a psychiatrist?
Would over-hearing old friends talk about what illnesses they could use as an excuse count? Is it any surprise that some people look for excuses to get to buy it legally? But I'm sure that never happens (sarcasm)...

Of course what would you know. I live in the U.S. in a state that approved it for medical use only. I'm sure that you know better than me living in the U.K. (sarcasm)...

I'm sure you've talked to more people from the States than I have living here (sarcasm).

Let me ask you the same question...
Are you a psychiatrist?

If not, then what qualifies you to outright dismiss what others have said? That's what you get when you play the "qualifications card"...
low rated
RWarehall: Are you a psychiatrist?
No, which is precisely why I haven't diagnosed anyone's mental illness as fake.
Nice try, thanks for playing.

EDIT: You do realise my previous post was not in response to you, but in response to GreasyDogMeat?
Post edited December 22, 2016 by SirPrimalform
low rated
The strange thing is why has the conversation gone to this...

Where is the discussion of how a now seemingly innocent Pakistani man got arrested while the real Tunisian suspect's ID was supposedly sitting in the front of the truck? Or how that man, while being on watch lists arrived to do what he allegedly did?
low rated
RWarehall: The strange thing is why has the conversation gone to this...

Where is the discussion of how a now seemingly innocent Pakistani man got arrested while the real Tunisian suspect's ID was supposedly sitting in the front of the truck? Or how that man, while being on watch lists arrived to do what he allegedly did?
What about the lack of evidence that this was even religiously motivated? There was a lot of shit being thrown around about Islam in this thread and that's not relevant either. It just exposes the prejudice within a lot of the people in this thread, some of whom I am not surprised about and some of whom I am.
I used to like this forum and the people in it.
Post edited December 22, 2016 by SirPrimalform
low rated
RWarehall: Are you a psychiatrist?
SirPrimalform: No, which is precisely why I haven't diagnosed anyone's mental illness as fake.

EDIT: You do realise my previous post was not in response to you, but in response to GreasyDogMeat?
Sorry, I did miss that. That's what one gets with our "notification system".

At the same time, what qualifies you to outright dismiss his claims by playing the "expert" card? I've seen enough cases of people claiming "PTSD" which sounded shaky including claims that their boss yelling at them or online harassment was giving them PTSD. Makes me question how many have been professionally diagnosed...I also question how hard it might be to get diagnosed for such a thing given the monetary incentive for psychiatric fees.
low rated
SirPrimalform: No, which is precisely why I haven't diagnosed anyone's mental illness as fake.

RWarehall: Sorry, I did miss that. That's what one gets with our "notification system".

At the same time, what qualifies you to outright dismiss his claims by playing the "expert" card? I've seen enough cases of people claiming "PTSD" which sounded shaky including claims that their boss yelling at them or online harassment was giving them PTSD. Makes me question how many have been professionally diagnosed...I also question how hard it might be to get diagnosed for such a thing given the monetary incentive for psychiatric fees.
I'm not saying people don't lie, but if someone has a clinical diagnosis it's a horrible thing to do to dismiss it. GreasyDogMeat was spouting stereotypes about special snowflakes and such and implying that they don't have real mental health issues, as if he's qualified to diagnose.
Also, the health care system is very different here. An NHS psychiatrist would not have at all the same incentive to overplay anything like that.
low rated
SirPrimalform: What about the lack of evidence that this was even religiously motivated? There was a lot of shit being thrown around about Islam in this thread and that's not relevant either. It just exposes the prejudice within a lot of the people in this thread, some of whom I am not surprised about and some of whom I am.
I used to like this forum and the people in it.
Have you been reading the news? Unless the police are lying, it clearly is. Given the state of affairs, while "possible" it was not related to an extremist group, I think it was rather short-sighted to believe it wasn't. It's not prejudice to believe such a thing likely.

That said, I'm with you on the greater condemnation of all things Muslim. Given that there are somewhere around 1.6 billion Muslims in the world or about 23% of the world population, I find it rather far-fetched to believe that there is this inherent belief in the Koran which necessitates all Muslims leave their homes to go kill someone in a foreign land in order to go to their version of heaven. If that were the case, I doubt the cases of violence would be so limited.
low rated
I find the wanted poster quite puzzling, it says "the person could be violent and armed".
Apparently, running over crowds of people with a truck and killing a dozen does not necessarily make someone a violent person? He could be armed or not but I'd say the violent part is not up to question.
Attachments:
awalterj: I find the wanted poster quite puzzling, it says "the person could be violent and armed".
see further down:
"This person is strongly suspected ..."
ie. he could also be innocent (and thereby not violent)
just formal correctness at work.
SirPrimalform: What about the lack of evidence that this was even religiously motivated? There was a lot of shit being thrown around about Islam in this thread and that's not relevant either. It just exposes the prejudice within a lot of the people in this thread, some of whom I am not surprised about and some of whom I am.
Because 99,99% of all terrorist attacks with arabic persons involved them shouting "Alibaba" and being Wahhabi, Salafi or similar Suni Islam extremist branches?

Nah, polish driver did it. Then he got shot by Tunesian, truck stopped and the hero run away. /facepalms
Post edited December 22, 2016 by Lin545
low rated
awalterj: I find the wanted poster quite puzzling, it says "the person could be violent and armed".
Apparently, running over crowds of people with a truck and killing a dozen does not necessarily make someone a violent person? He could be armed or not but I'd say the violent part is not up to question.
lmao that guy looks almost like me! :D except that my ears are a little smaller and i shave my head from time to time - but his face and lips are like mine too! :P i wonder what conversations i could have with such an individual if i'd ever meet him - it'd be like talking to myself (^_^)
low rated
immi101: "This person is strongly suspected ..."
Strongly means he's main fugitive. :)
Post edited December 22, 2016 by Lin545