It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is that your blood rushing so suddenly? Are those thoughts even yours? Well stranger, you’ve come to the place where reality and imagination blur. Here, the echoes of countless souls before you whisper through the eerie silence, and every step you take leads you deeper into the shadows. Enter, if you dare, and allow me to be your guide.

Haunted Grounds of GOG is the name. In its corridors, the prices of more than 3000 titles cower in fear, slashed to a mere fraction, but will you? Your presence here signals a willingness to explore. Keep a watchful eye, flesh-walker, whatever lingers in the mist, hungers for you.

Let us begin, and walk through the first doorway where Days Gone are waiting to be discovered.

What would you do in a harsh wilderness that took over the world two years after a devastating global pandemic? Would you find a reason to live in a land surrounded by death?

Days Gone (available now with 67% off until November 1st, 10 PM UTC) is the reality of former outlaw biker Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter who’s bound to scavenge through abandoned settlements for equipment to craft valuable items and weapons, or take chances with other survivors trying to eke out a living through fair trade… or more violent means.

By stepping into his dirt flecked shoes you’ll be able to explore an open-world filled with action, adventures and dangers. From forests and meadows, to snowy plains and desert lava fields, the Pacific Northwest is both beautiful and lethal.

In its ever-changing environment, you’ll journey on Deacon’s trusty motorbike and try to endure the dynamic weather, a dramatic day/night cycle and the evolving Freakers, who adjust to their surroundings – and the people in it.

Will you lose yourself in a powerful tale of desperation, betrayal and regret, as Deacon St. John searches for hope after suffering a deep, personal loss? Will you discover what makes us human when faced with the daily struggle for survival?

What you’ve seen just now, was a showing of the Haunted Grounds’ power. Its dimensions are limitless, and each entry promises an experience that transcends the ordinary.

Since you’ve already witnessed it, there’s no turning back. Delve deeper into a labyrinth of fear and excitement, find the flesh of the titles’ slashed prices, witness their terrifying brilliance, explore the pain, explore the pleasure…

MAKE THEM YOURS

The sights you can already witness… the sights that will soon come…

For now, roam free. Let the pounding of your heart lead the way. Succumb to the mysteries that lie before you. In time, I’ll return – try to keep your soul intact.

Halloween Sale lasts until November 1st, 10 PM UTC. Check out our Days Gone stream on Twitch happening on October 26th, 1 AM UTC, with dizzy.
Fonzer: Days gone i know nothing about but i can't run it anyway. Maybe in the future. But good for gog and other users
What are your specs? The game runs max out at 1080p, 60fps with some dips on my 3050ti laptop.
tfishell: Maybe devs and pubs - especially AAA ones - want to withhold info on an explicitly drm-free version / funnel people to Steam until the very last second, basically.

It is certainly weird but I don't think it's GOG's fault.
It's not weird from the point of view that the publishers know that:

a) Most GOG customers who prefer GOG as their main PC games store will still go right ahead and buy games that they really want elsewhere anyway, if no incoming GOG release is made clear to them.

b) A lot of those same customers will double-dip if & when a GOG release eventually comes for the same game that they have already bought elsewhere.

So by giving GOG a simultaneously release, and/or announcing an eventual GOG release, then the publishers eliminate their income from double-dippers.

Of course, the downside to that strategy, for the publishers, and also for GOG, is that a lot of people who have already bought the game elsewhere first are not going to double-dip, and instead they will simply never buy the game on GOG due to its GOG release having been delayed too long.
Fonzer: Days gone i know nothing about but i can't run it anyway. Maybe in the future. But good for gog and other users
Syphon72: What are your specs? The game runs max out at 1080p, 60fps with some dips on my 3050ti laptop.
Look i have an older laptop i got from my uncle and i ain't gonna buy a new pc until my room gets redone.
But it's a hp probook 4540s
with 8gb ram
amd radeon hd 7650m 2gb (this isn't enough in the graphic department)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz

I only meet the minimum requirements but not in the graphic card
Syphon72: What are your specs? The game runs max out at 1080p, 60fps with some dips on my 3050ti laptop.
Fonzer: Look i have an older laptop i got from my uncle and i ain't gonna buy a new pc until my room gets redone.
with 8gb ram

I was just curious, not trying to hate or anything. I was going to recommend the laptop I bought, but it has increased in price now. Not sure why.
Post edited October 25, 2023 by Syphon72
Thanks GOG !!, already gave up Sony titles getting a realease here, hope you still got some titles up your sleeves.
Probably in a minority (and do not know whats coming till the 1st of November, but I wont't miss any free titles in a sale as long as there are AA and AAA releases.
Fonzer: Look i have an older laptop i got from my uncle and i ain't gonna buy a new pc until my room gets redone.
with 8gb ram

His point was that the game isn't that hardware intensive, it's a Ps4 game from years ago.
Running below minimum usually works but you are right 2 GB of Vram is probably a killer.
But to be fair at hat point you are probably down to running retro games, that is like 6 - 8 generations behind.
Post edited October 25, 2023 by Reaper9988
with 8gb ram

Reaper9988: His point was that the game isn't that hardware intensive, it's a Ps4 game from years ago.
Running below minimum usually works but you are right 2 GB of Vram is probably a killer.
But to be fair at hat point you are probably down to running retro games, that is like 6 - 8 generations behind.
Mostly i check pcgamebenchmark for system requirements compability, hasn't failed me in guessing which games work and which don't.
Don't mind retro games i still have a lot of caching up to do as my previous pc was only on win xp and even older hardware. I am playing the games i can and am interested in. When i get a new pc i am gonna try the game.
Also am not into horror games but guess some zombie games i don't mind.
Reaper9988: His point was that the game isn't that hardware intensive, it's a Ps4 game from years ago.
Fonzer: Mostly i check pcgamebenchmark for system requirements compability, hasn't failed me in guessing which games work and which don't.
Don't mind retro games i still have a lot of caching up to do as my previous pc was only on win xp and even older hardware. I am playing the games i can and am interested in. When i get a new pc i am gonna try the game.
Also am not into horror games but guess some zombie games i don't mind.
Yeah nothing wrong with that. Just saying to compare System requirements with a really old system is rather weird.
Syphon was just trying to help you.
tfishell: Legally GOG might not be allowed to communicate much beforehand, as I'm pretty sure it's been this way since GOG started. Maybe devs and pubs - especially AAA ones - want to withhold info on an explicitly drm-free version / funnel people to Steam until the very last second, basically.

A little pep talk never hurts and if only to motivate them to get a better dal.

There ARE 'coming soon' games on the homepage that are there for quite a while now.

It's no wonder that publishers only make a fraction of revenue from GOG if the games arrive so late that no one sane will pay full price. They should know by now that most Steam games are cracked the day they hit the shelves.
tfishell: Maybe devs and pubs - especially AAA ones - want to withhold info on an explicitly drm-free version / funnel people to Steam until the very last second, basically.

Ancient-Red-Dragon: It's not weird from the point of view that the publishers know that:

a) Most GOG customers who prefer GOG as their main PC games store will still go right ahead and buy games that they really want elsewhere anyway, if no incoming GOG release is made clear to them.

b) A lot of those same customers will double-dip if & when a GOG release eventually comes for the same game that they have already bought elsewhere.

So by giving GOG a simultaneously release, and/or announcing an eventual GOG release, then the publishers eliminate their income from double-dippers.

Of course, the downside to that strategy, for the publishers, and also for GOG, is that a lot of people who have already bought the game elsewhere first are not going to double-dip, and instead they will simply never buy the game on GOG due to its GOG release having been delayed too long.
I hold out on buying games elsewhere in hopes it will eventually release on GOG. I may buy at one of the other stores if it has been a very long time, and the game is very cheap, $10 or less depending on the game. The last game I bought at the other store was Sept 18 2023 for $3.99. Before that it was 2 games on Oct 31 2022 for a total of $9.98.

So now I was able to get Days Gone and Fallout 4 here instead of spending money at the non drm free store, for example.

Unfortunately not enough people care about DRM free, or are not patient enough to hold out to push the publishers to go DRM free day one. With the backlog of games I have, being patient is easy. The one game that I did buy at full price the week it was released is Baldur's Gate 3, here on GOG.
neumi5694: It's no wonder that publishers only make a fraction of revenue from GOG if the games arrive so late that no one sane will pay full price. They should know by now that most Steam games are cracked the day they hit the shelves.
Exactly, DRM does not work, and the publishers are paying for that DRM.
Post edited October 25, 2023 by Jalister
As much as I want to support Sony's move, unfortunately, I am not too much into this zombie-shooter thing :(
Great to see another PlayStation release, instabought of course! Hope to see more, like God of War release soon as well!
polecat1: As much as I want to support Sony's move, unfortunately, I am not too much into this zombie-shooter thing :(
I wouldn't label this game as a zombie-shooter. ACG on YouTube gives a good look at the game. Still, if it's not your type of game, I get it.
Amazing! Instabought! XD
Thank you Sony and GOG! It's great to have this game full DRM free! XD
Hopefully we'll get UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection here someday as well! :D
I was holding off on buying Horizon Zero Dawn until I saw any sign of life from Sony after the fact, and now that they're seemingly paying attention I've picked both it and Days Gone up. Please don't drop the ball here, I seriously hope to see more games.