It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Explore a decaying industrial world left behind in humanity's never-ending race to conquer the stars – Fortune's Run is now available on GOG in its early access and with a -10% discount that lasts until October 25th, 11 AM UTC.

Discover the quiet dystopia of Fortune's Run, where food is free yet people starve and every living soul on New Zabra is bought and paid for by off-world interests. A classic FPS with undertones of role-playing in the spirit of Deus Ex and EYE: Divine Cybermancy, featuring the campy tone of space operas and titles like Metal Gear Solid.

Check it out!

Note: This title is currently in development. See the FAQ to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
Immersive sims are always welcomed here :)
Gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWwIrjTf_Qg
The only decent release so far.
This looks like a combination of Shadow Warrior Classic and Prodeus (Cool!). To the wish list. Thanks, GOG!
The game looks very good! I'm just hoping that you don't have to memorize dozens of combat moves.
Post edited October 18, 2023 by Atreyu666
Regarding Linux (hopefully, this also applies to the GOG version):
Hi! I'm just putting this here to let you know that we are still planning to do multiplayer and Linux support, but since we are launching in Early Access very soon and these things will not be available right away, we have decided to remove it from the store page.
Source
Why are there so many developers proudly claiming that the player will die often in their game as if it's something fun.
I'm all for a challenge, but when a game looks like it's going to be nothing but pain, I'm only mildly interested.

From the game's page :
"Die repeatedly! Embrace the pain. The only way to survive is to learn, and the only way to learn is to fail."
DarkBattler: From the game's page :
"The only way to survive is to learn, and the only way to learn is to fail."
So, in other words: the only way not to fail is to learn - and the only way to learn is to fail...

Makes no sense to me, but ok...
DarkBattler: From the game's page :
"The only way to survive is to learn, and the only way to learn is to fail."
BreOl72: So, in other words: the only way not to fail is to learn - and the only way to learn is to fail...

Why? You start unlearned, so you fail - you fail, so learn, you've learned and now you're not failing. Pretty straightforward. Not fun, but straightforward.
DarkBattler: Why are there so many developers proudly claiming that the player will die often in their game as if it's something fun.
I'm all for a challenge, but when a game looks like it's going to be nothing but pain, I'm only mildly interested.
This. I guess there are players that treasure the sense of accomplishment of beating a stupidly difficult game more than they treasure the moment-to-moment fun and the time spent on grinding, memorising and practicing, but I'm not one of them.
Post edited October 19, 2023 by Breja
Well, can't complain about that one - glad Fortune's Run is available here.
BreOl72: So, in other words: the only way not to fail is to learn - and the only way to learn is to fail...

Put like that, it does sound stupid, but it also highlights the fact that the original sentence was too wordy.

They could have tried "the only way not to fail is to fail", or "fail to end up not failing anymore", something like that.

Edit: It was a poor attempt at a joke, by the way. Sad, I know.
Post edited October 19, 2023 by DarkBattler
DarkBattler: Why are there so many developers proudly claiming that the player will die often in their game as if it's something fun.

From the game's page :
"Die repeatedly! Embrace the pain. The only way to survive is to learn, and the only way to learn is to fail."
See below!

Breja: This. I guess there are players that treasure the sense of accomplishment of beating a stupidly difficult game more than they treasure the moment-to-moment fun and the time spent on grinding, memorising and practicing, but I'm not one of them.
I'm totally with you here, guys. I feel no accomplishment doing the same stuff over and over again. Instead of making a good game, they just make it as hard as possible.

It's a shame, because the game really looks great but it's gonna grow mold on my wishlist until it's on sale for a low price.

By the way: I just played Guns Gore and Cannoli and the game is fun, not because it's difficult (it's not too hard), but because the gameplay loop is just enjoyable.
Atreyu666: I'm totally with you here, guys. I feel no accomplishment doing the same stuff over and over again. Instead of making a good game, they just make it as hard as possible.

It's a shame, because the game really looks great but it's gonna grow mold on my wishlist until it's on sale for a low price.

By the way: I just played Guns Gore and Cannoli and the game is fun, not because it's difficult (it's not too hard), but because the gameplay loop is just enjoyable.
To be fair, it may still be a good game while being immensely hard, but I don't think it's a game for me.

The problem with this way of advertising a game is that in reality, it could be a game I would like. I enjoy some really hard games, but they were advertised more as having fun gameplay mechanics than requiring players to lose over and over again to learn how to progress. I also like playing some games on the hardest, most unfair difficulty settings, but I often do this with games I know by heart, and it's totally self-inflicted and not specifically how the game is supposed to be played.

As for this game, like I said, I might like it, but because of the way the developers presented it, I'm not at all tempted to try it.

Thanks for reminding me of Guns Gore and Cannoli, by the way. I have been curious about it for a while now.
DarkBattler: As for this game, like I said, I might like it, but because of the way the developers presented it, I'm not at all tempted to try it.
True. I'm also playing Shadow Tactics right now and this game is anything other than easy but it's fair. You can always save and you never lose much progress. But still you have to act smart and plan your next moves and stuff.

DarkBattler: Thanks for reminding me of Guns Gore and Cannoli, by the way. I have been curious about it for a while now.
You're welcome. Both games are just tons of fun, you know, stupid fun. They're easy to pick up and play for an hour or so :)