It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A Dungeon of Love for Valentine’s Day from GOG.com and EA!

Today of all days, a good part of the world celebrates love in all shapes, sizes, and flavors. For us at GOG.com, there is no greater love than the love of classic PC games. We love them, you love them, and you know what? We love you as well! So we decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day by partnering up with our friends at Electronic Arts to offer you an exclusive Dungeon Keeper promotion:

For the next 48 hours Dungeon Keeper Gold (complete with the Deeper Dungeons expansion) can be added to your GOG.com account for free! If you already own it on GOG.com, you can still get one extra gift-code for the game and present it to your significant other gamer, or a friend.

http://www.gog.com/upload/images/2014/02/13d030d0e8798595a2adae2f8033c6689f1550a9.jpg

Spend time quality time protecting your Dungeon Heart from invaders and experience this classic series first hand. Further, the excellent sequel, Dungeon Keeper 2, is available for only $1.49 as a part of our special Valentine's Day promo. The offer lasts until Sunday, February 16, at 10:59AM GMT.

Would you rather storm and loot dungeons rather than protect them? Our special Destination: Dungeons & Dragons promo has you covered with a great collection of RPG classics up to 80% off!
Post edited February 14, 2014 by Chamb
Thank you, that's what i need after torture sessions in Dungeon Keeper Mobile.
salsatheone: Since all GoG games are DRM-free, I highly doubt EA has anything to do with this decision. I think GoG just decided to take the opportunity and help out people who have been unsatisfied with the mobile version and get a little something from Dungeon Keeper 2. Had this actually been damage control, EA would have posted something on their website hotlinking to GoG.com
tokisto: All sales and promos need approve from their publishers, so yes EA has to do with this. PR damage control try.
That makes sense, but from what I've seen, EA isn't exactly big on damage control. Have been reading about Battlefield and Sim City being all kinds of screwed up for months now, but according to an Escapist interview with some EA higher-up, he thinks everything went just fine. It really looks like they go the delusional, don't give a damn whether the players have gotten massive steaming turds so long as EA gets paid route.

Edit - Crap. Doublechecked, and I guess EA actually did go along with it. Guess they're 1 for 3 when it comes to acknowledging massive screwups for the moment.
Post edited February 14, 2014 by CarrionCrow
"Happy Valentine's Day!.. Now step into my dungeon"
Melhelix: It's free, what do you have to lose?
Johnmourby: Time my friend. The one thing you can loose and never get back.

I might have to pass. I don't care for game that force you to play evil. I play evil everyday in real life. When I'm in a video game I wanna be the good guy, for a change.
You must be a banker, right?

Big THANKS to GOG & EA! :)
Post edited February 14, 2014 by gamefood
I add my voice to the choir and say a big THANK YOU to GOG for a free game of this caliber!
Post edited February 14, 2014 by mantarrochen
Thanks, GOG, for the free Dungeon Keeper! :)
monkeydelarge: I wonder how many Dungeon Keeper Giveaways, we will see in the next 12 months.
I'm holding mine till Halloween. I think I'm going to do kind of an advent giveaway through October; so far I've got Enclave, Etherlords 1 and 2, and Dungeon Keeper 1 queued up. Should be fun.
This is my first time playing this legendary game. Despite the outdated graphics (which I can barely see my characters and texts), once I know what i'm doing it is damn addictive. Maybe I should pick up the second one as well just for the better graphics because I'm sure the gameplay should be identical.
CarrionCrow: That makes sense, but from what I've seen, EA isn't exactly big on damage control.
Could it be perhaps a delusional attempt to create interest in the MOBILE version by putting the older games on offer/for free? It has worked for other series (where the new game in that series hasn't already been shown to be massively worse than the older ones). Maybe EA saw that that made people money and decided to mimic it? If so, it would mark a complete lack of understanding of the market on EA's part, but...this is EA we're talking about, we have seen evidence of that. Alternatively, they may actually have been trying to make up for/damage control on the mobile game (the PC players aren't that game's target market anyway, and this improves their opinion of the company), and I'm taking it in the worst possible light. In which case, sorry, EA...
wormholewizards: This is my first time playing this legendary game. Despite the outdated graphics (which I can barely see my characters and texts), once I know what i'm doing it is damn addictive. Maybe I should pick up the second one as well just for the better graphics because I'm sure the gameplay should be identical.
Dungeon Keeper 1 has a high resolution and a low resolution that can be toggled with Alt+R on a Windows or Option+R on a Mac. Just in case that somehow got flipped during installation. You can also zoom in or out with the camera, which can be a tremendous help.
Post edited February 15, 2014 by Melhelix
wormholewizards: This is my first time playing this legendary game. Despite the outdated graphics (which I can barely see my characters and texts), once I know what i'm doing it is damn addictive. Maybe I should pick up the second one as well just for the better graphics because I'm sure the gameplay should be identical.
Melhelix: Dungeon Keeper 1 has a high resolution and a low resolution that can be toggled with Alt+R on a Windows or Option+R on a Mac. Just in case that somehow got flipped during installation. You can also zoom in or out with the camera, which can be a tremendous help.
Oooh, thanks a lot, dude! That was a lot of help, it has low res by default. Also, how do you zoom out?
Awesome GOG, thank you!
Johnmourby: Time my friend. The one thing you can loose and never get back.

I might have to pass. I don't care for game that force you to play evil. I play evil everyday in real life. When I'm in a video game I wanna be the good guy, for a change.
gamefood: You must be a banker, right?
Well played sir,well played ;) But no, I'm not that evil.
Melhelix: Dungeon Keeper 1 has a high resolution and a low resolution that can be toggled with Alt+R on a Windows or Option+R on a Mac. Just in case that somehow got flipped during installation. You can also zoom in or out with the camera, which can be a tremendous help.
TrueRT: Oooh, thanks a lot, dude! That was a lot of help, it has low res by default. Also, how do you zoom out?
Zoom out is Ctrl+Down Arrow, zoom in is Ctrl+Up Arrow. Rotate is Ctrl+Left Arrow, and Ctrl+Right Arrow. If you have a mouse wheel, I believe zoom also works with Ctrl+Spinning the mouse wheel in and out. I think you can also change what keys those use in the options menu in the game. Also, I think you can rotate the map by holding down right click and moving the mouse, but it has been a little while since I played so don't quote me on that one. :P
Thanks for the tip, now with higher resolution the game is even better.