It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

May your fists strike double-fast!

With the release of the Double Dragon Trilogy on GOG.com we've prepared for you alongside [url=http://www.dotemu.com/" target="_blank]DotEmu[/url] a special event - a true test of resolve, skill, and strenght to determine who is worthy of the legendary beat-em up's legacy. Prove that your soul is a one of a warrior, and speedrun Double Dragon 2: The Revenge (in the version included in the Double Dragon Trilogy) to win awesome prizes from GOG.com and DotEmu!

Jump on Twitch and broadcast your attempts at beating the game in the fastest way possible - from the opening screen, up to the moment that the last boss bites the dust ("Easy" difficulty, "Arcade Mode" - that's 12 lives to use!). Make sure you have the "automatically archive my broadcasts" option toggled on under settings. Save your best run as a Twitch stream highlight or export it to YouTube and send us the link at [url=mailto:contest@gog.com]contest@gog.com[/url] with the subject "Double Dragon". Do not delete your original broadcast from the archive! You have until January 31, at 5:00pm GMT / 12:00pm EST / 9am PST to submit your entry. The prizes are:

1st place: An iPad 3 Mini and 9 GOG gift codes
2nd place: A [url=http://madcatz.com/te-range/" target="_blank]Mad Catz[/url] gaming Mouse + Keyboard combo and 6 GOG gift codes
3rd place: An original Sega Master System Double Dragon game cartridge and 3 GOG gift codes

Want to see how it's done? Need some inspiration? Want to learn some tricks? Check out a Twitch.tv/GOGcom recording, and see the daunting speedrunner by the name of Nottabot taking on Double Dragon 2: The Revenge. A honorable attempt!

Can you do better? Can you beat the game? Join our Double Dragon Trilogy speedrun contest, prove that you're an arcade champion, have fun, and win great prizes from DotEmu and GOG.com. Again: we're accepting Twitch highlight or YouTube export.
Post edited January 16, 2015 by Konrad
Forum popping (and html mocking).
Let's see your times people.
Nice release! And also a contest...... first prize gets 9 GOG gift codes!

Isn't DotEmu a rival of GOG? If they released here Double Dragon perhaps they will also release other games like Heroes 3 HD (I'm not thrilled about the remake but I'm a big fan of the original and I might buy the HD if comes on GOG).
GabiMoro: Nice release! And also a contest...... first prize gets 9 GOG gift codes!

Isn't DotEmu a rival of GOG? If they released here Double Dragon perhaps they will also release other games like Heroes 3 HD (I'm not thrilled about the remake but I'm a big fan of the original and I might buy the HD if comes on GOG).
DotEmu already have a bunch of their games here.
Post edited January 15, 2015 by Grargar
GabiMoro: Nice release! And also a contest...... first prize gets 9 GOG gift codes!

Grargar: DotEmu already have a bunch of their games here.
Thanks!
Whoa, that's a big contest! And prizes are so tempting! :)
speedrun my butt, i can't even beat it

So which mode do we play? Arcade mode or story mode?
Post edited January 15, 2015 by morciu
Why so little attention for these prizes ? :/
morciu: speedrun my butt, i can't even beat it

Story, on Original difficulty.
Licurg: Why so little attention for these prizes ? :/
I can only speak for myself personally, but having played these games as a child, I could barely finish them at all. I cannot imagine myself being in the top three of all GOG players (or the top 100 for that matter), so while I think the contest is a very nice idea, I wouldn't personally partake.
This type of contest is a good idea for GOG. I would be terrible at it as I'm more of a jack of all trades myself, but it's a cool way to promote things.
Wait, there's a difficulty setting? Where?

torvuseremita: Story, on Original difficulty.
Licurg: Why so little attention for these prizes ? :/
torvuseremita: I can only speak for myself personally, but having played these games as a child, I could barely finish them at all. I cannot imagine myself being in the top three of all GOG players (or the top 100 for that matter), so while I think the contest is a very nice idea, I wouldn't personally partake.
You were a kid, you can surely do better now :P
Lol, that was my first reaction as well!
One of you people once sent me a YouTube of someone making a Gradius Speedrun. Whoever made that video needs to sign up for this.
Speedrunning is a whole subculture to itself. People spend weeks or even months finding incredibly obscure and, to people who don't speedrun, counterintuitive ways to shave off a few seconds. I watched an Ocarina of Time speedrun a while back in which the player spent the entire first section of the run moving backwards and using knockback from the sword hitting objects to gain extra distance, just as an example. It's not quite as simple as don't waste time and be really efficient.

Which brings up another issue. A lot of speedruns involve exploiting glitches to skip sections of the game, or otherwise gain an advantage you normally could not have yet, such as getting a weapon before it would normally be available (sequence breaking.) I wonder if that will be allowed in this contest?