It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Speaking of the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt;

Hi there. I have purchased the boxed version from a local store 4 months ago which comes with a GoG key. The most recent update installed appears to be v1.06 even in GoG Client and inside the game. I can't seem to find the installation patch of v1.06 though. Probably i removed it by mistake. On the other hand, inside the GoG Client, i am able to update from 1.06 through 1.10.

I just got in the game and it runs without any issues for now. i just wonder if i have to apply all more recent updates?
Post edited October 18, 2015 by livingdeads69
It's entirely your own choice whether or not you should update, but it might be beneficial to get rid of bugs that may be fixed. And I don't know if any expansions or other add-ons require that you have at least a certain version.
Post edited October 18, 2015 by Maighstir
There are 16 free DLCs for Witcher 3 (at first 16 single installers now one big installer with all of them). For some of them you need a newer version of Witcher 3 than 1.06. Also if you bought the addon you need patch 1.10 first or you won`t be able to install it.
Well, i do realise. In the meantime , yet another problem showed up. The game and the Client shows me v.1.06 while
the most recent downloaded i have found is v.1.05 on the relevant folder. I mean, i am unable to find the setup belonging to v.1.06

Is there a way to redownload it?
If you are using GOG Galaxy you can use the backup-feature to get the latest installer. I guess you will find it behind the more button.
Otherwise you can download the files using your browser (Account - Library - Witcher 3 - on the left side are the download files) or the GOG Downloader.
Ritualisto: If you are using GOG Galaxy you can use the backup-feature to get the latest installer. I guess you will find it behind the more button.
Otherwise you can download the files using your browser (Account - Library - Witcher 3 - on the left side are the download files) or the GOG Downloader.
Well that's exact issue. Nothing is displayed on the left side. The only thing i can view is the game name with a blue circle next to it on the upper part of that section.

Edit : i just saw something which points out a huge 22 GB just next to patch v.1.06 (under the game backup-copy). is it an all-in-one patch which involves all updates and the game so far?
Attachments:
Post edited October 18, 2015 by livingdeads69
Ritualisto: If you are using GOG Galaxy you can use the backup-feature to get the latest installer. I guess you will find it behind the more button.
livingdeads69: Well that's exact issue. Nothing is displayed on the left side. The only thing i can view is the game name with a blue circle next to it on the upper part of that section.

Edit : i just saw something which points out a huge 22 GB just next to patch v.1.06 (under the game backup-copy). is it an all-in-one patch which involves all updates and the game so far?
Just below that 22GB installer though, patch 1.10 seems to update anything from at least 1.01 (1.01+ -> 1.10), so I'd get that. Sure, it's 10 GB total in four files, but that's still less than half compared to the full 1.06 installer.
Post edited October 18, 2015 by Maighstir
livingdeads69: Well that's exact issue. Nothing is displayed on the left side. The only thing i can view is the game name with a blue circle next to it on the upper part of that section.

I don`t get your problem. The thing you marked on your screenshot is the installer (22 GB, Version 1.06). Download it if you want to backup the installer on an external drive or if you want to install the game later without your DVDs.
The other files are patch 1.10 (4 parts). Download all of them if you want to patch the game and you can backup the patch on an external drive too.

And by the way you mixed something up. The left side thing was mentioned by me if you want to download the game or patch with your browser (e.g. Firefox) and not GOG Galaxy. You can download files from GOG on 3 ways:
1. Browser
2. GOG Downloader
3. GOG Galaxy
let me clarify all things at one post.

* I just checked that the game occupies 24.8 GB space on my HDD including patches up to 1.07 (1.07 is excluded)
* 22 GB size is marked next to v1.06. inside the GoG Client. I do not know what this means but probably the backup of entire game and the patches. is it?

*What if i click on the tag from 1.06-->1.10, what will happen to my already installed patches? Will they break my game?
livingdeads69: let me clarify all things at one post.

* I just checked that the game occupies 24.8 GB space on my HDD including patches up to 1.07 (1.07 is excluded)
* 22 GB size is marked next to v1.06. inside the GoG Client. I do not know what this means but probably the backup of entire game and the patches. is it?

*What if i click on the tag from 1.06-->1.10, what will happen to my already installed patches? Will they break my game?
The 22 GB download is the entire installer for the game already patched up to 1.06, this is what you would get if you did not already have the game.

The "1.06 -> 1.10" link most likely points you to a page where you can get said patch, and I see no reason why you wouldn't do that. Unless you -- for whatever reason -- have a mod or three that hasn't been updated and requires an earlier version.

The "1.01+ -> 1.10" downloads gets a 1.10 update that can be applied regardless of which version you currently have.

Don't worry about having removed the 1.06 patch installer, it's already filled its function, namely updated your game to 1.06.
livingdeads69: ...
Since you use Galaxy, you can simply activate auto updates (so you don't have to download and install patches on your own). Just hit the "MORE" button, click "CONFIGURE" and tick "AUTOMATICALLY" next to the point "INSTALL UPDATES". Now you can either wait for the game to patch itself, or hit "MORE" again, to go to "MANAGE" and then to "VERIFY/REPAIR". The game will start to patch itself now.

I don't know how to patch a game manually through Galaxy though (auto updates are the main reason why I use Galaxy).
Post edited October 18, 2015 by real.geizterfahr