It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
On the positive side, they cannot contain this crap in the forum as they used to.
high rated
I really am sorry for the devs.
Was about to write that I hope that the game sells well on Steam, but apparently it was pulled from there as well.

Yeah, 'gamers' alright. Fucking weak, well, it's not like that this behaviour is out of character for gog these days.
Post edited December 16, 2020 by NuffCatnip
high rated
What utter cowards CDPR have shown themselves to be. GOG was started to be a place that celebrated freedom in gaming but I guess not offending West Taiwan is more important than having principals. With this and the utter debacle that has been Cyberpunk 2077 I'm officially done with CDPR and GOG. Hopefully, someday there will be a real, worthy Steam competitor, but I'm not helping to prop up a company that bows to West Taiwanese pressure like a limp noodle.
Post edited December 16, 2020 by Cyhort
low rated
Complainers please note, your whining is nothing next to the massive paycheck that comes from selling Cyberpunk in China, and the promise of not closing operations there in the future.

Sure someone might feel a bit sad, but in the end, ....ca-ching
Post edited December 16, 2020 by H55ADM
ConsulCaesar: Remember you can vote here: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/devotion
I did my part, even though I have no idea what sort of game this is, and whether I'd like it (or even that it would run on my systems).
high rated
I really cannot recall ever seeing such a rapid fall from grace within the gaming industry. Sure, we've all witnessed former heavy hitters such as EA, Activision and Ubisoft become more and more derided in recent years, following one bad decision after another but even their tarnished reputations took years to accomplish. This... this is something else. I almost feel bad for you CDPR, except for the fact that, ya know, this is completely self-inflicted.
high rated
I will never ever EVER buy games from a company that kowtows to pressure from Chinese gamers and from the Chinese government. A government that, by the way, managed to give the world Covid-19 because of its lies and coverups about the virus.

And now here comes GOG, a company that has made so many morally deficient decisions over the last couple of years actually refusing to sell a game from a Taiwanese company because 'supposedly' they received pressure from gamers.

I am now officially done with GOG as I wont' support cowards, or a company with such shady morals.

You're disgusting.
high rated
Grargar: On the positive side, they cannot contain this crap in the forum as they used to.
Especially as the news seems to be spreading on all the gaming news sites: PC Gamer, Eurogamer, Polygon, Engadget, Game Informer.... and that's only from the first page from my Google search for "devotion game."

Actions have consequences.
high rated
Grargar: On the positive side, they cannot contain this crap in the forum as they used to.
Mr.Mumbles: Especially as the news seems to be spreading on all the gaming news sites: PC Gamer, Eurogamer, Polygon, Engadget, Game Informer.... and that's only from the first page from my Google search for "devotion game."

Actions have consequences.
Won't stop them from pulling the old GOG though and either just ignoring it or releasing some BS PR statement.
high rated
H55ADM: Complainers please note, your whining is nothing next to the massive paycheck that comes from selling Cyberpunk in China, and the promise of not closing operations there in the future.

Sure someone might feel a bit sad, but in the end, ....ca-ching
And this is how China takes over the world, because morally bankrupt cowards like those running GOG are more interested in money than doing what's right.

Will be very happy now to download all my games and be done with GOG.
high rated
If you won't give us Devotion then why should we give you devotion?
releasing it on GOG is such low hanging fruit rofl I'm just blown away
high rated
NuffCatnip: I really am sorry for the devs.
Was about to write that I hope that the game sells well on Steam, but apparently it was pulled from there as well.
That's the thing, it was pulled from Steam two years ago, likely due to the same kind of protests and threats. So if they didn't have the balls for the release they should have stayed away from it instead of giving the devs false hope just to betray them at the very last moment.

Who knows maybe some high ups or shareholders weren't aware before and now told them they can't do it, in order to prevent loss of sales for Cyberpunk? I fear H55ADM is not wrong with those cynical remarks, in the end it's all about money. You know, bad corporations and stuff, real Cyberpunk 2020 shit. ;P
Post edited December 16, 2020 by Leroux
high rated
H55ADM: Complainers please note, your whining is nothing next to the massive paycheck that comes from selling Cyberpunk in China, and the promise of not closing operations there in the future.
So fucking what? The threat of losing a market under such circumstances is not worth selling your soul for. Neither is throwing everyone else under the bus for it, for that matter. No one with any agency or moral code should stand for authoritarian bullies like the CCP or those that support them.

Imagine having the temerity to call legitimate ethical complaints "whining".
Post edited December 16, 2020 by ReynardFox
Sotiris The Firebrand: Where did you get the physical copy? I want one, just for preservation and collection.

Where did you get it?
junk11: It's a time-limited edition in Taiwan this year, so it's rather hard to get.
Damn. I suppose eBay is to the rescue. Also, sorry for double replies. Thought the message wasn't sent. I am trying a new WIFI USB adapter.