It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

chinespa: snip
Um mate, that post was from 4 months ago...
A_Future_Pilot: So...get Sublevel Zero if you haven't yet lol :)
Sublevel Zero is a lot of fun! It helps to fill the gap that was caused by the loss of the Descent series...
zgrillo2004: We need a status report from the guys at Parallax on whatever or not they can re-release descent here.
It's Interplay that is in charge of releasing it on here. The problem is, Interplay hasn't payed Parallax the royalties they owe them. So Parallax told Interplay to stop selling it (since they were in breach of contract by doing so), and so they were removed.

It's VERY unlikely they'll ever come back because Interplay is all but bankrupt (or is it actually bankrupt at this point?) and their relationship with Parallax is rather strained.
A_Future_Pilot: It's VERY unlikely they'll ever come back because Interplay is all but bankrupt (or is it actually bankrupt at this point?) and their relationship with Parallax is rather strained.
They may never come back as Interplay-published titles, but I think some users here are wondering whether, as a result of the breach of contract or of Interplay's bankruptcy or maybe other reasons, Parallax could permit them to be sold here without patching up the situation with Interplay. Maybe Parallax could terminate the contract in a way that lets them become their own publishers, or assign it to some other publisher that behaves better.
zgrillo2004: We need a status report from the guys at Parallax on whatever or not they can re-release descent here.
A_Future_Pilot: It's Interplay that is in charge of releasing it on here. The problem is, Interplay hasn't payed Parallax the royalties they owe them. So Parallax told Interplay to stop selling it (since they were in breach of contract by doing so), and so they were removed.

It's VERY unlikely they'll ever come back because Interplay is all but bankrupt (or is it actually bankrupt at this point?) and their relationship with Parallax is rather strained.
Fuck Interplay and fuck Titus. its Parallax's creation and I dont see why they cant publish their game themselves.
advowson: They may never come back as Interplay-published titles, but I think some users here are wondering whether, as a result of the breach of contract or of Interplay's bankruptcy or maybe other reasons, Parallax could permit them to be sold here without patching up the situation with Interplay. Maybe Parallax could terminate the contract in a way that lets them become their own publishers, or assign it to some other publisher that behaves better.
It would be easy enough to do so by themselves if they owned everything. Problem is that they don't, as Interplay still owns the Descent trademark and the audio, so unless they patch things up with Interplay or find a way around those two issues (legally or technically), the games won't be coming back.
Post edited April 10, 2016 by Grargar
I have a question for anyone who can answer it, I downloaded Descent 1&2 off of here before it was taken down. I just started playing it again and realized there was alternate levels within the file folders. However, I cannot for the life of me find any information regarding how to access the Descent: Levels of the World files and play them. Any help would be appreciated.
NickBucki: I have a question for anyone who can answer it, I downloaded Descent 1&2 off of here before it was taken down. I just started playing it again and realized there was alternate levels within the file folders. However, I cannot for the life of me find any information regarding how to access the Descent: Levels of the World files and play them. Any help would be appreciated.
The Levels of the World expansion wasn't included with the GOG version, because they didn't have the rights to sell it.
NickBucki: I have a question for anyone who can answer it, I downloaded Descent 1&2 off of here before it was taken down. I just started playing it again and realized there was alternate levels within the file folders. However, I cannot for the life of me find any information regarding how to access the Descent: Levels of the World files and play them. Any help would be appreciated.
This is the collection that has them: [url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/DESCENT-I-and-II-Definitive-Collection-with-Manual-Interplay-Windows-PC-/222094770008?hash=item33b5e13f58:g:rxgAAOSw8aNXGkEA]http://www.ebay.com/itm/DESCENT-I-and-II-Definitive-Collection-with-Manual-Interplay-Windows-PC-/222094770008?hash=item33b5e13f58:g:rxgAAOSw8aNXGkEA[/url]
Levels of the World isn't that great so you aren't missing a whole lot. It's only been sold as a physical CD.
BoxOfSnoo: This is the collection that has them: [url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/DESCENT-I-and-II-Definitive-Collection-with-Manual-Interplay-Windows-PC-/222094770008?hash=item33b5e13f58:g:rxgAAOSw8aNXGkEA]http://www.ebay.com/itm/DESCENT-I-and-II-Definitive-Collection-with-Manual-Interplay-Windows-PC-/222094770008?hash=item33b5e13f58:g:rxgAAOSw8aNXGkEA[/url]
Thanks, I just bought it :)
BoxOfSnoo: This is the collection that has them: [url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/DESCENT-I-and-II-Definitive-Collection-with-Manual-Interplay-Windows-PC-/222094770008?hash=item33b5e13f58:g:rxgAAOSw8aNXGkEA]http://www.ebay.com/itm/DESCENT-I-and-II-Definitive-Collection-with-Manual-Interplay-Windows-PC-/222094770008?hash=item33b5e13f58:g:rxgAAOSw8aNXGkEA[/url]
ppw0: Thanks, I just bought it :)
Sorry NickBucki! :D
ppw0: Thanks, I just bought it :)
BoxOfSnoo: Sorry NickBucki! :D
Actually, last night I was playing around with it and downloaded Descent Rebirth. I copied the files I had from my GOG version to Rebirth and it worked. I always seem to answer my own questions...
How long can parallax last until bankruptcy at which point interplay buys the copyrights at auction... interplay seems like it could win
smrtgi19: How long can parallax last until bankruptcy at which point interplay buys the copyrights at auction... interplay seems like it could win
If you believe the earlier claims that Interplay has not paid Parallax since 2007 (as posted by user mtoschlog), then since Parallax has not collapsed yet, it seems unlikely that they will suddenly lapse into bankruptcy now. It is possible that Parallax has been in a dormant state, spending nothing beyond whatever taxes and fees are required to keep the corporation in existence. If so, its expenses would likely be so low that one or two people could manage those costs out of pocket.

Depending on how Parallax is structured and who has authority to execute contracts in its name, it is even possible that the collapse of Parallax would transfer its rights for Descent to some other party prior to assets going up for auction.

[Edit: forum software apparently does not understand relative links. Link converted to absolute form, with the hope that GOG never restructures their forum paths.]
Post edited May 27, 2016 by advowson