It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Colossal Cave is a revival of the original 1976’s Colossal Cave Adventure made by the legendary Ken & Roberta Williams. It’s an amazing point-&-click, cave exploration puzzler taking you through a timeless exploration of a sprawling cave system filled with treasures, creatures, and brain-teasing riddles.

If you haven’t yet picked up this gem, you can now try it out with its DEMO!

Taste the immersion of the Colossal Cave’s world and relive the golden age of adventure gaming!
Sure would be nice to be able to try out a demo without having it become a permanent addition to my library...
ReynardFox: Sure would be nice to be able to try out a demo without having it become a permanent addition to my library...
Absolutley
ReynardFox: Sure would be nice to be able to try out a demo without having it become a permanent addition to my library...
I still don't get how that's an issue.
Breja: I still don't get how that's an issue.
Me neither, I filter games by free and grab everything.
It's not a serious issue no, and yes you could call it a me problem. It's nothing I'm gonna lose sleep over, but it's the kind of thing that makes my brain itch as a fastidious organizer. It's unwanted clutter (worse if I actually hated the game/demo) that I still know is still there even if I use the hide feature.

I've always wanted a 'delete game permanently' option. I have one or two purchases I regret that would be nice to expunge.
Post edited August 23, 2023 by ReynardFox
A good old game. How refreshing.
ReynardFox: It's not a serious issue no, and yes you could call it a me problem. It's nothing I'm gonna lose sleep over, but it's the kind of thing that makes my brain itch as a fastidious organizer. It's unwanted clutter (worse if I actually hated the game/demo) that I still know is still there even if I use the hide feature.

I've always wanted a 'delete game permanently' option. I have one or two purchases I regret that would be nice to expunge.
I don't know, I can be pretty OCD about some things, and this I just don't get at all. I wouldn't get rid of anything from my library (at least unless I could refund a thing or two I only actually played for the first time way past the refund deadline). It's not taking up space, it's doesn't complicate navigating the library... I just see no upside to removing anything from my library if not for a refund. No matter how slim the chance I'll wactually want to download it again, why lose access to something permanently when there's literally nothing to be gained by it?
Post edited August 23, 2023 by Breja
Breja: I don't know, I can be pretty OCD about some things, and this I just don't get at all. I wouldn't get rid of anything from my library (at least unless I could refund a thing or two I only actually played for the first time way past the refund deadline). It's not taking up space, it's doesn't complicate navigating the library... I just see no upside to removing anything from my library if not for a refund. No matter how slim the chance I'll wactually want to download it again, why lose access to something permanently when there's literally nothing to be gained by it?
I'm not even sure I can explain it, I likely do have a diagnosable form of OCD given some of my admittedly pointless-to-anyone-else obsessive-compulsive organizational tendencies, I just find myself irked by things in places that I simply don't want them. Redundancies, regretful/hated purchases and the like, I don't feel quite right having unwanted things cluttering up my collections and while these thoughts don't really eat at me once I step away, my mind does not like to reconcile the knowledge that I own them whenever I see them.

I'm sure it sounds hyperbolic, but the only word I can think of to describe 'what do I gain?' is catharsis.
ReynardFox: I'm not even sure I can explain it, I likely do have a diagnosable form of OCD given some of my admittedly pointless-to-anyone-else obsessive-compulsive organizational tendencies, I just find myself irked by things in places that I simply don't want them. Redundancies, regretful/hated purchases and the like, I don't feel quite right having unwanted things cluttering up my collections and while these thoughts don't really eat at me once I step away, my mind does not like to reconcile the knowledge that I own them whenever I see them.
I actually sort of get it. I feel something I think quite similar, but for things NOT being where they are supposed to be. It's why I hate lending anyone things like books or games, even people very close to me. It's not because I don't want them to have the thing, or because I fear they won't give it back, but because the thing simply not being on it's shelf irritates me.
Breja: I actually sort of get it. I feel something I think quite similar, but for things NOT being where they are supposed to be. It's why I hate lending anyone things like books or games, even people very close to me. It's not because I don't want them to have the thing, or because I fear they won't give it back, but because the thing simply not being on it's shelf irritates me.
I can definitely relate to that, I want everything to be in its place, and to stay there too.
We need a section of demos. Meanwhile i hide them so i can manage my library more clear.
Or at least fold the demo under the main game if you buy the title?

I wonder how much of the caver lingo has been carefully erased in making this a pure fantasy adventure?