It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Read this on a Dutch site.

62 costumes and 2 new characters for €89.99. I doubt the $ price will be much different.
For reasons beyond my comprehension (I might simply be too old or actually understand the value of money as I have to work for it) it has a positive review status on both Steam and the Playstation store. Even at 90% off it would be too much for my liking.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1033490/DOA6_Season_Pass_1/

No idea if this is a new low on DLC price/quality or price/content ratio, but it won't be far off if it isn't.
Post edited March 06, 2019 by HertogJan
if you wanna see nude DOA characters theres plenty of sites where u can see that
Welcome to Koei-Tecmo's M.O. It was also very bad with Dead or Alive 5.
Suppose it's better than loot boxes.
Fucking bravo ! now i wonder how many people will actually buy into this shit, something tells me i'm going to be surprised.
Well that is the Japanese entertainment corps usual M.O. They enjoy making big margin from the specific targets.
HertogJan: No idea if this is a new low on DLC price/quality or price/content ratio, but it won't be far off if it isn't.
Why would it be? If it's purely cosmetic stuff that doesn't affect balance, why would anyone who plays DoA as a purely fighting game be upset? And if you do play DoA for the sake of having some pretty girls in bikini - well, you will definitely pay whatever price.
Not to mention this is just Season Pass 1. They don't just expect people to dump $100 extra on mostly just costumes, they expect people to do it more than once.
LootHunter: Why would it be? If it's purely cosmetic stuff that doesn't affect balance, why would anyone who plays DoA as a purely fighting game be upset? And if you do play DoA for the sake of having some pretty girls in bikini - well, you will definitely pay whatever price.
Not my type of game and I don't have a Steam account. I'm not upset, just very surprised about both the price and the positive reaction to the package at this price.
HertogJan: I might simply be too old or actually understand the value of money as I have to work for it
It's quite arbitrary. Surprising how many people who have to work for it still have a mortgage and a car loan. You know, instead of cutting the commute and renting a cheaper apartment close to work, or perhaps driving a perfectly good older car. Coming from that angle, these game prices are just peanuts.

You can also get a cheap mass-produced coffee maker for $30 and drink the cheap, pre-ground variety of coffee that you get from any local market. Or you can enjoy a good home-ground coffee from premium beans made with a premium coffee maker. The difference in price-per-cup is incredible. So is it silly? Similar differences exist for tea..

And then people like to compare the price of things to a movie ticke or eating out or something like that. Like, anything is cheap or at least easily justifiable if it only costs as much as eating out or going to the movies does. As if that were something everyone does, or even can afford to do.

Fun thing, I'm stingy in that regard. I hardly ever eat out, because it just seems so damn expensive (even though the good establishments are definitely worth it in terms of what you get for the money versus what you get if you buy cheap supermarket meals). I never go to movies.

On the other hand, I have.. yes, >1000 games in my library on GOG. Games that I hardly ever play, and games that I won't be able to finish in a lifetime. In hindsight, having 100 games I really like at ten times the price would've been a better deal. Now I don't think 100 eur for costumes is reasonable, but I sort of understand.

You know, recently I've been thinking about how I don't really play games that much, it's just difficult for me to enjoy them and they suck anyway. I figured I should start playing something I wanted to play in my teens, but didn't because I wasted all my free time on games.

So what do I do? Well my old guitar is a pile of crap, and I'm not getting the tones I want from my rig. So I dropped some money on a new guitar, a new multi-fx, and accessories like straps & strap locks, picks, a carry case, etc. We're talking a few grand. Probably around as much as I spent on my GOG games, if not more. I don't actually know how much I've spent on GOG and I'm not sure I want to know.

Still cheaper than my >10 yo car.

Let's talk computers. Two grand on a high end desktop. Is that crazy or not? Some people think 1k eur is a lot to spend on a computer. Others buy a new laptop plus accessories for two grand. Every three years or so. And they also replace their expensive smartphone every couple years...

It's funny how people can justify the price of electronics that they almost treat as disposables. In hindsight, a game that you may be able to play decades later doesn't seem *that* expensive, does it? Not that they are as useful as a computer or a phone. Not that they have that much replayability. Still thought, what if it's a game you *really* like? What if it's one of the five to ten games you buy a year (as opposed to the 100)? Maybe, over the years, it brings more joy than the ten-or-so pizzas you could order for the same money.

The value of money is quite arbitrary, and there's a surprising amount of variety in the way we calibrate our perception of it. It's quite confusing too. That's why I try to refrain discussing the price or "worth" of a game in general, but especially so in reviews. Make enough, rent cheap, and all games are cheap (but maybe not worthy). Make little, and even a $2 game is expensive. Especially if it's not a particularly good game.

EDIT: Regarding kids who don't have to work for money. I was the kid who saved everything up, and then spent it all to upgrade the computer every few years. That's the only way I could play not-ancient games (and that didn't actually leave money for buying games...), and I was still always stuck way behind the curve so the newest games wouldn't run on what I had.

I don't think that's the only way to roll, and I wouldn't judge kids harshly for spending the money on something that you find silly. Truth is, what can you do with the limited allowance when you're a kid? Isn't it for having fun? Then spend it on what you find fun (after carefully judging if there's something else that would make more sense). I'm working under the assumption that their allowance is small enough that it's useless for investing and therefore useless for saving up for big things like a home or a car. So yeah, it's spending money, let them enjoy it. That's one point in life when they *can* enjoy it and not worry too much about the big picture.

(That said, learning to save up and assess the worth of things would be a very useful skill to practice for many people..)

Actually I think this is why I'm still stingy about eating out or going to movies and things like that; I just got in the habit of saving all I get and never spending it on "fun little things" whose cost would add up and keep me from buying the big thing. I still kinda live like that, although having a job and actually getting a paycheck every month changes things quiiite a bit.
Post edited March 07, 2019 by clarry
HertogJan: just very surprised about both the price and the positive reaction to the package at this price.
check the ratings/forum of the main game. There are quite a lot of complaints about the pricing.
immi101: check the ratings/forum of the main game. There are quite a lot of complaints about the pricing.
You're right. Never thought to check there.
HertogJan: Read this on a Dutch site.

62 costumes and 2 new characters for €89.99. I doubt the $ price will be much different.
For reasons beyond my comprehension (I might simply be too old or actually understand the value of money as I have to work for it) it has a positive review status on both Steam and the Playstation store. Even at 90% off it would be too much for my liking.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1033490/DOA6_Season_Pass_1/

No idea if this is a new low on DLC price/quality or price/content ratio, but it won't be far off if it isn't.
If you get a complete set of DoA5 with all DLCs you are at over 1000,- $ for one game (according to a few YouTubers I trust). Price tags like that do help me to reevaluate my desire for a next gen console :P
Anothername: If you get a complete set of DoA5 with all DLCs you are at over 1000,- $ for one game (according to a few YouTubers I trust). Price tags like that do help me to reevaluate my desire for a next gen console :P
The price/ value ratio is definitely off, when you compare it to games such as Witcher 3 or the Souls series, which offer much more game content at reasonable prices.

But I figure people who like this genre usually only focus on one or two characters, especially if they play competitively. So if you enjoy a fighting game, and only buy the DLC for your favorite character(s), then you only spend a few bucks extra and it's going to be a significant boost to the entertainment value, while also supporting the devs and publisher, ensuring the release of more content and sequels. I think with this type of DLC you have to let go of the mindset that you can only enjoy the game once you have all of the available content.

Come to think of it, I just recently purchased some cosmetic DLC for Resident Evil 2 ( Remake ). I don't normally bother with that sort of thing, but I really enjoyed the game ( still do ), so it was mostly a way to say "thanks" for a great game, while adding a little extra value to the game itself. And I only picked an alternate outfit or two which I personally found appealing, not the entire range of available DLC.
ya know rule34 is free right