It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Now that’s something we’ve all been wanting to see!

A new official teaser for Cyberpunk 2077’s spy-thriller expansion Phantom Liberty has been revealed and it made us pick our jaws up from the floor. Not only did we get to see some sweet footage from this upcoming title, but we were also introduced to Solomon Reed, a secret agent working in the shadows for the New United States of America. And the best thing about it is… the amazing Idris Elba is portraying him!

With a cast this stacked with talent, Phantom Liberty is a title that you simply cannot miss. Reed and V will delve deep into Dogtown, a brand new location in Night City filled with danger and political intrigue. As our favorite cyberpunk for hire, we’ll take on an impossible mission of espionage and survival, all while using new skills, new weapons and tech, plunging deep into a web of shattered loyalties and political power plays.

And if you’ve somehow missed it, here you go – feel free to watch the teaser as many times as we did and tell us how excited you are. It’s coming to PC, PS5 & Xbox Series X|S in 2023.
DiffuseReflection: In addition so Sonic 2, also Heimdall in Marvel movies, Bloodsport in The Suicide Squad, plus roles in The Wire, Pacific Rim, The Dark Tower, Fast and Furious Hobbs & Shaw, and others. At one time was one of the fan castings for the next James Bond.
Matruchus: Plus he had his own crime TV series called Luther. Excellent actor.
Got randomly reminded by this thread/your post that i wanted to watch/see if i like Luther :D singe ages - Cheers for that.

And ya really looking forward to Phantom Liberty
Matruchus: Plus he had his own crime TV series called Luther. Excellent actor.
TT_TT_TT_TT: Got randomly reminded by this thread/your post that i wanted to watch/see if i like Luther :D singe ages - Cheers for that.
It's a bit underwhelming script-wise. Feels like a 13 years old kid trying to write super edgy stories, wanting to make his own "Cracker / The Shield" and failing embarrassingly. BUT the casting is top notch and the cinematography is excellent, so it's still good times if you don't mind rolling your eyes at some teenage-fan-fiction-level plots and dialogues.

And Elba is cool in that role, he really carries the show. I'll always regret we didn't get him as James Bond.

(Still, I find the idea of modelling a videogame character after him just beyond stupid. That sort of gimmick is what keeps me far from the Cyberpunk game... It's "mommy, I want the keanu reeves shaped cornflakes" marketing, and in my eyes a blatant admission of weakness of the product itself.)
Awesome.

Started my playthrough not long ago but i can already tell it's going to leave an impression so, yeah, looking forward to it.
Have you guys at CDPR gotten rid of the Galaxy requirement to access certain singleplayer content, and has the Piggyback Interactive Online Map been removed from GOG yet? Because if not, why should a DRM-free gamer even look in Cyberpunk's direction?
ghst84: Are you sure about that? The devs said at the Edgerunners update that they'll work on the police A.I. and some other things. So... I don't think so.

Plus, I'm quite sure we'll also get a 1.7 update as well before the expansion launches next year.
tomimt: Sure, they are still patching it up, but it's a complete game you can play through and personally, I thought it was pretty damn good as well. I can't really say I missed police chases.
I haven't missed the police chases either. But who knows? It could be fun, if they solve that issue.

the amazing Idris Elba .
DD & Ji Ji: Who ?
No, that was Djimon Hounsou.

Idris Elba was "Reset the clock!"
Idris Elva is a fantastic actor, he is definitely going to deliver a incredible work!

My only issue of hiring top notch actors is that I imagine they are quite expensive and for a rpg, it means less lines for them to read. For example I expected a more complex relationship between Johnny and V than how it's in the game (but since the rpg elements are not quite there in Cyberpunk like Witcher, I imagine it's alright?). Obviously hiring them makes the game more memorable, Liam Neeson is in FO3! Christopher Plummer is in Skyrim! etc

A shame that I won't play this one until I get a PS5, but it will make it worth it and It's going to be fun to watch it!
Post edited December 12, 2022 by Rialmwe
Elba is cool but can't say I care much about Hollywood actors in games. He does have a great voice though.

Loved Cyberpunk, can't wait to play more.
I just want a retooled ending and open up the game with more content off the rails. No reason to be forced into only 2 outcomes no matter what you do. 3 if you do secret stuff, which is the 2 combined and also bad.
I'm not a fan of these celebrity castings as they usually half ass their performances for a paycheque. Keanu should have done better with the material he was given.
Icinix: Same - but for different reasons - I love Keanue Reeves but the focus on Cyberpunk being about the character he played rather than the roleplaying really dampened the whole thing. It seems to be a trap that developers keep falling into. Get a recognisable big name - and the story and gameplay suffer as that becomes the focal point all else revolves around.

Happy to be proven wrong though.
I agree.

I would have been much happier to have a Johnny Silverhand closer to what the character was in Never Fade Away, with a voice actor committed to doing him justice. I mean, Keanu Reeves is a nice guy but his range as an actor stretches mostly to playing Keanu Reeves...
Post edited December 14, 2022 by arugulaKhan