It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
I'm still a little confused by the backlash towards FPS-RPG. They're hardly a new thing and have a pretty grand track record.

On the topic of Cyberpunk, I mean the world is all about augmentations, playing from the first person mode with a UI fully in tone with the theme sounds much more interesting and engaging compared to a sterile UI that's not exactly in the world. But hey, different strokes for different folks, I feel like most people will make their minds up when the game is out and full-length gameplay can be watched on demand.

I'd still recommend doubters/on the fence types gives Deus Ex a shot to see if that can sway them.
Linko90: I'm still a little confused by the backlash towards FPS-RPG. They're hardly a new thing and have a pretty grand track record.
Breja: It's very simple, really. When you hear "new shooter from the creators of Doom" do you expect a first person shooter, or a third person cover based shooter? So with a new RPG from the company famous for The Witcher, everyone expected it to be more like hat game they know and love. That's also what happens when you basically don't tell the audience anything at all about your game for like five years - they end desiging the game for themselves in their heads, and you end up competing with whatever they imagined. And you're unlikely to measure up, and if you went in a radically different direction, there's backlash.

Basically, people feel like they're not getting what they were promised. That's not actually true, but that's what it feels like to them.
Which is how we end up with the same old stuff in a cycle, which people also tend to complain about :P
Linko90: I'm still a little confused by the backlash towards FPS-RPG. They're hardly a new thing and have a pretty grand track record.
anothername: 'cause they, experienced and known for great TPP games, said its aimed to be both TPP/FPP years ago & ppl loving TPP gameplay getting hyped for it. That should probably be pretty clear by now. Nearly nobody would had made a fuzz about it if they had announced it as FPS in the beginning; hell a few of the ppl being disappointed now for not having a TPP experience might have even checked it out if they never had any foundation to expect it to begin with.

Its not a backlash to the FPS-RPG; its the backlash to not be an TPP RPG.

Confusion cleared up? :)
So people assumed and are not happy their assumptions were not met. We live in strange times!
Linko90: So people assumed and are not happy their assumptions were not met. We live in strange times!
anothername: And when you try to start to get why they assumed you might begin to be less confused about the unexpected big backlash. I hope. :(
Oh, I get why they assumed it was third person, purely due to past CD Red games being third person. But I genuinely think this is an awful mindset to approach any level of creative media with.