It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do you have a friend on another gaming system with whom you’ve always wanted to explore the great unknown? No Man’s Sky has recently been updated with a cross-platform multiplayer feature. This means PlayStation 4 players, Xbox One players and PC players will all be able to explore, journey, survive, build, and trade together.
This is pretty neat. I will probably never use it, but it's neat. I like having the galaxies to myself. :)
It's ALIVE, ALIVE.
And I already began to think that Devs put a cross on it, but no.
I would like to transfer my save files from Steam to GOG. I wonder if this change could make it possible at some point?
I was thinking of getting back into this game just a few days ago, it's a pretty good game. Good to see they are still updating it, it was fun to see people running around on hubs in the otherwise rather lonely world when I played it last time.
Hey I have this on PS4 and Xbox as well via Game Pass now...does that mean I can play with myself?
Eitot: I would like to transfer my save files from Steam to GOG. I wonder if this change could make it possible at some point?
I would like to do that to.
I have not checked or tired yet, but can GOG users play with Steam users?
When I was playing this, I surprised myself that I don't really mind the random intereaction with strangers. You can pretty much only meet them at one specific place. If you do, you can just wave your hand and then continue with your business. And I don't know of any way to screw anyone's game without their consent, all interactions are very limited. Only few gestures and gifting. One of those strangers really boosted my game at the start: I was gifted 4 fusion ignitors if I remember correctly (then container bug duplicated them to 8). Huge money for someone still struggling with inventory space and the game basics. I don't remember the name, I only noticed the gift some time after they were gone.

I think having shared universe with other platforms can be a good thing. This is one of the games that ages like wine. It was released 2 or 3 years too early, but they more than made up for the mistake.
schoolruler: I have not checked or tired yet, but can GOG users play with Steam users?
Based on the changelog, this is exactly how it should work. GOG users should display with GOG icon, other platforms will have controller icon. But I have yet to test it myself (kinda busy with KC:D now, but I'll find a few hours to revisit this, I still have to test the "new" mech too - I was one tech module too short to buy it when they released the update).
Neat. No more GOG ghetto. =P

This made me decide to dive back into the game. I've never really gotten far beyond the beginning stages, so the game has been mostly sitting in my backlog. It will be interesting to see what other new neat things have been added since I last played; I know there have been several bigger updates since then.
Update failure (E2) at executing setup.

followed by

Update failed (E4) Disk access error.

At least Galaxy 2.0 shows its roots :P

edit
followed by

Update failed (E2) at finalizing update.

RNG Update failure messages for an RNG heavy game; like a service on its own...
Post edited June 12, 2020 by Anothername
GOG.com: Do you have a friend on another gaming system with whom you’ve always wanted to explore the great unknown? No Man’s Sky has recently been updated with a cross-platform multiplayer feature. This means PlayStation 4 players, Xbox One players and PC players will all be able to explore, journey, survive, build, and trade together.
About time!
This feature is very important and it happened to be missing for so long. Community here really was waiting for it for a long time.
And it has finally come. It is such a great news.

Because, you know, people may deny and deceive themselves but IN A GAME LIKE THIS multiplayer activities are kind of quite a gameplay experience improvement, and whether anybody likes it or not we here on GOG are still minority when it comes to % of players in regards to overall number with all PC platforms hosting this game combined.
So it's a great news.
Now I can at last consider buying this game here instead of on Steam.
Not any problem here updating and running through Galaxy.
Cananas: Not any problem here updating and running through Galaxy.
Lucky you ;)

I think I'll fix it like I almost always do when Galaxy wants to update a bigger game, uninstall/reinstall. :/
Loving this announcement. I had just started getting into this game again. Great update.