It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today the third part of the food truck simulation series becomes a full-fledged, DRM-free title on GOG.COM. In Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?! you hit the road across the United States to participate in the Iron Cook National Foodtruck Championships with your trusty robot crew Whisk (voiced by @negaoryx) and Cleaver (voiced by @havanarama).

The game’s departure from the development stage comes with special discounts on GOG.COM. Buy Cook, Serve, Delicious! and Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! and you’ll receive 75% discounts lasting until 21st October 2020, 1 PM UTC. If you buy all 3 games from the award-winning series at once, the same discounts rise even further, with the entire collection costing 21,99$, also until 21st October 2020, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
If you put all games in the cart you get like 90% for cook serve delicious1 and 2 but no discount for 3?
Its a little bit weird. CSD1 took quite a long time to develop and it has been like 5 years between the first release of CSD and the second game. Now the development seems to be much faster however.

It absolutely makes me suspicious, kinda like the game turns into a sort of cash cow or something. I've seen the same thing with a game called Friday Nights at Freddies which took close to 9 years to develop. While anything after took merely months.

If its the same engine but with different assets then I see no point in buying it for the time being. I'm not someone who follows the new hot shit because it looks and perhaps plays very slighty prettier than the previously revered hot shit, sorry.
Dray2k: Its a little bit weird. CSD1 took quite a long time to develop and it has been like 5 years between the first release of CSD and the second game. Now the development seems to be much faster however.

It absolutely makes me suspicious, kinda like the game turns into a sort of cash cow or something. I've seen the same thing with a game called Friday Nights at Freddies which took close to 9 years to develop. While anything after took merely months.

If its the same engine but with different assets then I see no point in buying it for the time being. I'm not someone who follows the new hot shit because it looks and perhaps plays very slighty prettier than the previously revered hot shit, sorry.
I guess you didn't play the games? The first one had a great campaign. The second one had a lot more food and great new features, but there wasn't a real campaign. Just cooking in various restaurants and trying to get the medals and achievements.

The third one tries to combine the best parts from the first and the second games. Haven't played it a lot by now, but from my experience the game it's quite different from the others and far from being a cash grab.
PaterAlf: *snip*
You can assume that I have played the games or else I wouldn't talk about them.

In case you couldn't understand, I was specifically speaking about development and release times between the games, rather than the contents of the games themselves.

So the third CSD actually is sort of a compilation and refinement? I was already assuming this but for me it looked like a "CSD2 but with some minor refinements" instead. I may pick up this iteration then once its a little bit cheaper, thanks.
"The third part of the food truck simulation series" implies that the first two games were food truck simulators. Which, um, they weren't. The first didn't involve food trucks at all (I haven't played the second, but the trailer certainly suggests the vast majority of the action takes place in regular, sit-down restaurants). And while I enjoyed "CSD" well enough, "simulator" doesn't seem like a particularly accurate term for a game in which a significant amount of your revenue may come from celebrity chefs e-mailing you wagers on your ability to achieve arbitrary goals, either...

None of this is to throw shade on the "CSD" series; as I say, they're fun enough for what they are. I just don't want anyone to pick them up with undue expectations of what they're getting into.
XYCat: If you put all games in the cart you get like 90% for cook serve delicious1 and 2 but no discount for 3?
The third game just officially "released". It makes sense that it's not discounted.
WarlockOne: "The third part of the food truck simulation series" implies that the first two games were food truck simulators. Which, um, they weren't. The first didn't involve food trucks at all (I haven't played the second, but the trailer certainly suggests the vast majority of the action takes place in regular, sit-down restaurants). And while I enjoyed "CSD" well enough, "simulator" doesn't seem like a particularly accurate term for a game in which a significant amount of your revenue may come from celebrity chefs e-mailing you wagers on your ability to achieve arbitrary goals, either...

None of this is to throw shade on the "CSD" series; as I say, they're fun enough for what they are. I just don't want anyone to pick them up with undue expectations of what they're getting into.
The developer (or whomever writes the ad copy for his games) called the first game "a hardcore restaurant sim", so that part isn't really GOG's fault. (I prefer to think of it as a short-order cook simulator, in that it captures the hectic feel of preparing orders in food service pretty well, even though it's pretty "gamey" overall.)
Post edited October 15, 2020 by HunchBluntley
The trailer was pretty silly with his restaurant literally exploded. But it seems good but since I don't have much money I'm going to play the first one.

Also actual robot waifu? Nice.
WarlockOne: "The third part of the food truck simulation series" implies that the first two games were food truck simulators. Which, um, they weren't. The first didn't involve food trucks at all (I haven't played the second, but the trailer certainly suggests the vast majority of the action takes place in regular, sit-down restaurants). And while I enjoyed "CSD" well enough, "simulator" doesn't seem like a particularly accurate term for a game in which a significant amount of your revenue may come from celebrity chefs e-mailing you wagers on your ability to achieve arbitrary goals, either...

I guess the person who wrote the newspost never bothered to take a look on the actual games in this lovely series. xD

Happy to see it reach v1.0. Wishing great sales to devs! :)

BranjoHello: I guess the person who wrote the newspost never bothered to take a look on the actual games in this lovely series. xD

Happy to see it reach v1.0. Wishing great sales to devs! :)
...And I guess you didn't bother to read the part of the post where I said I enjoyed "CSD" well enough. So here's a thought: how about instead of inaccurate snarking, you tell me what I said that's factually incorrect? Because as it stands, it just sounds like you reflexively decided to jab someone for a reasonable criticism of the advertising of something you happen to like. Not even the game itself, just the advertising.
Just wrote a review for this game and decided to share it here. Since the sale is still active, maybe I'll manage to sway someone to give this awesome game(s) a go. :)

In case you're not familiar with this lovely series, you may want to read through my reviews of the first and the second one before you continue reading.

At the start of Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?! our chef loses his world class restaurant (again!) but instead of rebuilding (again!!) this time he fires up a food truck and go across war torn futuristic USA to attend an Iron Cook Foodtruck Championship. He is not alone in this endeavour, help robots Cleaver and Whisk are here to accompany our hero along the way, both awesomely voice acted.

Since we are not in a restaurant anymore, that means a slightly different approach to gameplay this time, but fear not, this is a CSD game all the way, maybe even the best one yet! You travel from state to state, choosing which way to take through each area and its sub-areas (or you just play every single one like I do). Every road taken is a single level where you have a number of stops to make and serve a good number of local populace at each one. Between the stops you'll be preparing food for holding stations and fulfilling special orders which in first part of the game appear only in between stops. Once you're past all the stops the day is done and you get a gold (perfect), silver (up to 8 mistakes total) or bronze (up to 15 BIG mistakes) medal.

The progress is done via YUM levels. After each day you earn money depending on how many foods you have served, multiplied by food complexity and the biggest combo of perfectly done orders in a row. When you accumulate enough money you get a DING and receive a single upgrade point each level. You spend money on acquiring new foods and upgrade points on improving various areas of your truck.

All foods from CSD1&2 are here and there are bunch of new ones as well. Learning and mastering them all is a great fun by itself and I URGE YOU to read the description of each food origin, these are the funniest moments in the game, written in astonishingly hilarious way. As for the food truck upgrades, they are done in a "research tree" manner and some upgrades can be turned on or off as you see fit. You'll definitely need them as the game progresses and levels become harder when modifiers like impatient customers, attacks from other food trucks, VIP orders etc. kick in.

Speaking of difficulty, CSD3 may be the easiest one in the series. Don't get me wrong, even though you still have to be super quick, precise and concentrated all the time if you want gold medals, getting silver medals is not that hard and I was mostly getting them on my first try. This is for the most part because of the addition of SERVE ALL button, which is of great help and practically eliminates those mistakes when you hit the wrong order key. Also, most importantly there are no more chores, hell yeah, hated those so much in the previous game(s)!

Visually the game is close to CSD2 and could be labeled as its slight upgrade. Soundtrack is definitely the best in the series with the main theme song being incredibly catchy. You'll probably be singing it in the shower, unconsciously or on purpose...that's your choice. xD

After more than 40h spent in game, I'm about 60% done and loving it every kilometer of the rubble-covered way. So far, I have only one teeny-tiny problem with the game. The orders can be somewhat hard to recognize when they have impatient/angry customer graphical effect on them. Can cause a tactical decision problem sometimes, that's all.

This is supposed to be the final installment of an awesome series, and if that's true the end is indeed one huge cake with a ton of cherries on top and we'll be eating it for a long time with absolute joy. :)