It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The latest addition to the X4 universe is coming soon to GOG – X4: Timelines!

This expansion to the sci-fi simulator X4: Foundations will not only introduce new players to X4's core gameplay mechanics, but also delight long-serving space adventurers.

It offers a thrilling new storyline which takes place outside of the X4 sandbox, where colossal challenges and unexpected excursions into the depths of the X series lore and history await.

Moreover, in the new X4: Timelines storyline, you’ll find a wide range of scenarios in which you will experience the many different aspects of X4 gameplay. Playing these scenarios will also unlock new missions within the X4: Timelines storyline, and bonuses for your wider X4 sandbox universe – among them reimagined, classic ships from X universe history.

Check out what is it all about and wishlist X4: Timelines now!
I was hoping for something different from Egosoft, but (if I'm understanding the blurb correctly) sidelining months of gameplay to start a new game to unlock some ships wasn't it.
Not sure what this is... A challenge mode? Seems like it's not really in the spirit of the series.
Not very sure what they are trying to do with this, but ok, we'll see!
I welcome this. It is a typcial DLC thing to do to add more missions but for those who like this kind of thing it should be well worth it. Nothing forces us to buy it. Strange thing is, it is neither of the two types of content Egosoft have said they are working on, any which one may come to nothing, mind you. The quasi-multiplayer thing, called Multi-Verse when it was last tried in a beta, seems to be hard to make work and be enjoyable.
I must confess: I bought the game for the music. I have spent a couple of hours in space but it is quite time consuming.

The game is quite ok. But nevertheless I bought it for the music, which I am listening to quite often.

It would be a shame to the game if there is no soundtrack that accompanies this DLC.
Post edited December 20, 2023 by UUNPV
Themken: I welcome this. It is a typcial DLC thing to do to add more missions but for those who like this kind of thing it should be well worth it. Nothing forces us to buy it. Strange thing is, it is neither of the two types of content Egosoft have said they are working on, any which one may come to nothing, mind you. The quasi-multiplayer thing, called Multi-Verse when it was last tried in a beta, seems to be hard to make work and be enjoyable.
I just find it odd that they're making something that's apparently disconnected from the game proper... At least if I'm reading right.
GOG.com: The latest addition to the X4 universe is coming soon to GOG – X4: Timelines!
Could be just me, but when I visit this news page, my language turns into German, when I leave it, it turns back into English.
GOG.com: It offers a thrilling new storyline which takes place outside of the X4 sandbox, where colossal challenges and unexpected excursions into the depths of the X series lore and history await.
Shaka, when the walls fell! I'd rather they improved the sandbox experience, to be honest.
Post edited December 21, 2023 by WinterSnowfall
GOG.com: It offers a thrilling new storyline which takes place outside of the X4 sandbox, where colossal challenges and unexpected excursions into the depths of the X series lore and history await.
WinterSnowfall: Shaka, when the walls fell! I'd rather they improved the sandbox experience, to be honest.
Egosoft, his eyes closed.

But maybe the accompanying patch does bring some improvements.
Hmm.... will be interesting to see how this goes. Sometimes you do just want to pop in and play and not deal with the empire. But, the story missions are the weakest part of X4 by far. Especially anything using the spacesuit.
Looks like they have been "inspired" by those special missions in No Man's Sky.
I haven't been this excited for an expansion pack in a very long time, I cant wait for this one!