It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome to prison for lost souls, where everyone gets what they truly deserve! Whateverland is coming soon DRM-free on GOG.COM! This modern take on the classic point-n-click genre will take you on an adventure through the bizarrely beautiful hand-drawn world with the music recorded by a real jazz sextet playing in the background.

You can enjoy playing the game’s prologue for free right now on GOG.COM.
Not sure if that's the worst trailer I've ever seen, or the best.
high rated
I'm really glad to see demos (or "prologues") coming back into fashion. Now all I need is to have them on a DVD from a gaming magazine and it will feel like old times :D
And finished the demo already. Hopefully the demo actually is old since I already spotted quite a few German localisation issues and even minor bugs gameplay wise. Voice over of the main character is sleep inducing boring while the other voice actors are trying their best. Story seems interesting, surreal and crazy - which is something I like and hoped for.
Breja: I'm really glad to see demos (or "prologues") coming back into fashion. Now all I need is to have them on a DVD from a gaming magazine and it will feel like old times :D
So many demos lately that I actually created a [DEMOS] category in my galaxy library!
I'll trust demos over reviews any day.
People have diverse tastes, motives and points of view so even when a review is created in good faith (not a always a given) and constructed in a clear effective manner (also not always a given) it still has the potential to entirely miss the mark when it comes to the exprience certain people would have. Not even the reviewers fault per se, just a reality.
Hence, demos are great :)
Breja: I'm really glad to see demos (or "prologues") coming back into fashion. Now all I need is to have them on a DVD from a gaming magazine and it will feel like old times :D
Yeah, I remember those days too. LOL ;) I appreciate a demo. Sometimes trailers can make the game seem better than it is or worse than it is, and game reviews are a personal affair.
RoseLegion: I'll trust demos over reviews any day.
People have diverse tastes, motives and points of view so even when a review is created in good faith (not a always a given) and constructed in a clear effective manner (also not always a given) it still has the potential to entirely miss the mark when it comes to the exprience certain people would have. Not even the reviewers fault per se, just a reality.
Demos can also be good for checking compatibility issues.

For example, if a game has a Windows version but no Linux version, one could try running the demo in WINE. If that works, it's likely that the final game will run; if the demo doesn't work, then the final game will likely not.

Also, when it comes to reviews, some things the reviewer might consider a positive might be a negative for the reader, and vice versa.
Oh, wow, the gameplay trailer is sure nice. Even the first with the cat, haha.

However, I hope, one day, they release a full game of that mini game Red Escape. I would sure pay for it :D
What's with all the prologue nonsense lately? Are these normal demos or real different "prologues"? Wish GOG (and developers) would be more specific.
RoseLegion: I'll trust demos over reviews any day.
dtgreene: Demos can also be good for checking compatibility issues.

For example, if a game has a Windows version but no Linux version, one could try running the demo in WINE. If that works, it's likely that the final game will run; if the demo doesn't work, then the final game will likely not.

Also, when it comes to reviews, some things the reviewer might consider a positive might be a negative for the reader, and vice versa.
That's a good point. I hadn't even considered the compatibility testing angle but it's certainly valuable to know what you're looking at in that regard before you lay money down for a program.