It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lead your football club through national championships and to international stardom. WE ARE FOOTBALL is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
ChrisSZ: Pretty sure they think about limitations to prevent that, such as locking the files exported from the editor to one's own installation.
That would probably be a pretty bad marketing decision.The message about it would spread like wildfire across the forums, and the game would be clinically dead instantly.

You can still download the newest community-created userfiles for CM or Anstoss 3. And there is a converter for Anstoss 3 that exports all data to Excel. If WAF is successful, you can expect the same stuff for it.
I wonder if the game will already include the Super League matches :P
ChrisSZ: Pretty sure they think about limitations to prevent that, such as locking the files exported from the editor to one's own installation.
surfer1260: That would probably be a pretty bad marketing decision.The message about it would spread like wildfire across the forums, and the game would be clinically dead instantly.

You can still download the newest community-created userfiles for CM or Anstoss 3. And there is a converter for Anstoss 3 that exports all data to Excel. If WAF is successful, you can expect the same stuff for it.
I'm well aware of the Anstoss 3 userfile. Because DFB/DFL wanted to take it down years ago, you have to register in the community forum to download it. It's accessible, yes, but still in some kind of grey zone. If they wanted, they could take it down anytime by threatening the forum owner.

Since WaF will be a new game, as such not flying under the radar as Anstoss 3 is nowadays, AND have a paid DLC with exactly the most interesting content, I am afraid they will be even stricter.

Let's hope you are right and userfiles will be freely shareable. I was already relieved that Steam workshop is not supported. Because that probably would have meant that GOG customers are locked out.

I'm pretty hyped about the game now, hopefully it will live up to its expectations. Last night I even installed Anstoss 3 again, fingers were itching. ^^
surfer1260: [...] incorruptible but differently competent referees, [...]
LOL
Was this artistic license taken by you while translating, or does this phrase sound as wry in German? XD
karnak1: I wonder if the game will already include the Super League matches :P
It will be released as a paid DLC called "The Superfluous League".
Here is a quote from the developer's announcement:
This is a genuine social project for a good cause. The revenues will go directly to clubs on the brink of ruin and players in need like Messi, Toni Kroos, Ronaldo, and many others.

surfer1260: [...] incorruptible but differently competent referees, [...]
HunchBluntley: LOL
Was this artistic license taken by you while translating, or does this phrase sound as wry in German? XD
Haha. Yes, I was assuming that the writer is ironical here.

ChrisSZ: Since WaF will be a new game, as such not flying under the radar as Anstoss 3 is nowadays, AND have a paid DLC with exactly the most interesting content, I am afraid they will be even stricter.
The DFB can only threaten german websites. Years ago a page called "schnittberichte.de" was constantly harassed by german authorities (especially due to swastikas on pictures from uncut games). One day they simply moved their stuff to servers in a different country (I think Switzerland), and from then on the authorities were impotent.

But you are right, it will be more difficult to spread userfiles for WAF than for Anstoss 3. The premise for that all is that the game becomes a success, otherwise no one will ever sit down and create custom content.