It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Void Bastards is now coming soon DRM-free.

Forget everything you know about first-person shooters: Void Bastards asks you to take charge, not just point your gun and fire. Your task is to lead the rag-tag Void Bastards out of the Sargasso Nebula. You make the decisions: where to go, what to do and who to fight. And then you must carry out that strategy in the face of strange and terrible enemies.
This game looks amazing !
Damn. Will get it next sale
Waganari: First Prodeus and now this?! Nice! What's next thou, Wrath: Aeon of Ruin? Eheh, I wish. Anyway I'm also glad that Void Bastards is coming to GOG, I haven't tried it out yet and I actually just first heard of it from my brother just the other day but as soon as I checked it out I really liked the game right away in terms of visuals, thou the rest looks quite alright too.
pkk234: We can probably add Wrath to the unofficial coming to GOG list.
I remember asking in an older thread about it, and was told it is planned.
Also this Steam discussion.
And this one.

Safe to say, the devs are down, and seeing all the other FPSes available/coming soon to GOG, we gun get it.

I've watched the gameplay over and over lol, looks very fun.
Nice! I wasn't certain whether or not it would be coming to GOG too, but now I am. Thanks. Great news!

;]
Sildring: This game looks amazing !
It really is a great game and I am glad it made it's way to GOG. :) I just wish it had been something the developers were able to communicate in a better way. Prior to this (last week) they were announcing no plans to bring it to GOG.
Waganari: First Prodeus and now this?! Nice! What's next thou, Wrath: Aeon of Ruin? Eheh, I wish. Anyway I'm also glad that Void Bastards is coming to GOG, I haven't tried it out yet and I actually just first heard of it from my brother just the other day but as soon as I checked it out I really liked the game right away in terms of visuals, thou the rest looks quite alright too.
I am glad Prodeus has made it's way to GOG. The developers were uncertain. :) It is a day one purchase for me.

Glad Wrath of Aeon is going to be released here as well.

New Blood has said they are bringing Dusk here too. Maybe we will see Amid Evil also. :)
Post edited June 09, 2019 by greyhat
Looks really interesting, and I'm not usually a FPS guy. I'll wishlist it for now and see what the reviews say.
Celton88: Looks really interesting, and I'm not usually a FPS guy. I'll wishlist it for now and see what the reviews say.
The reviews are really good at Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/857980/Void_Bastards/

The game is mechanically and artistically really good. It's use of player agency is really well done and utilizes sound very well. It has that in common with System Shock 2. However, it differs beyond that. It is a rouge lite with minimal story. However, what story it has is nicely tied in with it's game mechanics. If i had to compare it structurally to a game I would say it is most similar to Crypt ark in its execution insofar as how weapon load out, skill tree and mission selection occurs. Characters and character perks (in the form of buffs and debuffs) are randomized after every death. But skill tree perks and weapons are carried over. Yet it's combat game play takes place in a 3d environment as opposed to Crypt arks bullet hell 2 d environment.

The player agency also has added dimensions as to how you can manipulate your environment and use the environment to deal with enemies in a way that is similar to System Shock, SS2, and Prey 2017. But in a limited fashion as the levels repeat due to the rouge like nature. I wish there was a bit more variety to the environments as they do feel a bit repetitious after a point. This is dealt with by difficulty spikes and enemies changing drastically and increasing as you get to more difficult areas.

The environmental execution is excellent as is the combat. It is a strategy game where management of inventory is very key.....not so much pew pew pewing waves of enemies or a linear corridor shooter .

It is definitely worth getting. I find it more engaging then most rouge like games. IMO
Post edited June 09, 2019 by greyhat
Celton88: Looks really interesting, and I'm not usually a FPS guy. I'll wishlist it for now and see what the reviews say.
greyhat: The reviews are really good at Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/857980/Void_Bastards/

The game is mechanically and artistically really good. It's use of player agency is really well done and utilizes sound very well. It has that in common with System Shock 2. However, it differs beyond that. It is a rouge lite with minimal story. However, what story it has is nicely tied in with it's game mechanics. If i had to compare it structurally to a game I would say it is most similar to Crypt ark in its execution insofar as how weapon load out, skill tree and mission selection occurs. Characters and character perks (in the form of buffs and debuffs) are randomized after every death. But skill tree perks and weapons are carried over. Yet it's combat game play takes place in a 3d environment as opposed to Crypt arks bullet hell 2 d environment.

The player agency also has added dimensions as to how you can manipulate your environment and use the environment to deal with enemies in a way that is similar to System Shock, SS2, and Prey 2017. But in a limited fashion as the levels repeat due to the rouge like nature. I wish there was a bit more variety to the environments as they do feel a bit repetitious after a point. This is dealt with by difficulty spikes and enemies changing drastically and increasing as you get to more difficult areas.

The environmental execution is excellent as is the combat. It is a strategy game where management of inventory is very key.....not so much pew pew pewing waves of enemies or a linear corridor shooter .

It is definitely worth getting. I find it more engaging then most rouge like games. IMO
Thank you!
Sildring: This game looks amazing !
greyhat: It really is a great game and I am glad it made it's way to GOG. :) I just wish it had been something the developers were able to communicate in a better way. Prior to this (last week) they were announcing no plans to bring it to GOG.
greyhat: I am glad Prodeus has made it's way to GOG. The developers were uncertain. :) It is a day one purchase for me.

Glad Wrath of Aeon is going to be released here as well.

New Blood has said they are bringing Dusk here too. Maybe we will see Amid Evil also. :)
Aye. I think that Amid Evil is also just a matter of time.
Yet another "release it on GOG later to avoid piracy" release I guess. So frustrating.
StingingVelvet: Yet another "release it on GOG later to avoid piracy" release I guess. So frustrating.
its like companies that uuuh add all teh drm software for teh first few days only before removin' it

or—in this case—releasin' on gogie
Looks good but:

+1 for native Linux version.