It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A 2D side-scrolling action platformer with features of a metroidvania RPG – Toziuha Night: Order of the Alchemists is coming soon to GOG!

In this title, you’ll play as Xandria, a beautiful and skilled alchemist who, using an iron whip, fights against the most fearsome demons and other alchemists seeking to obtain a millenary power. To accomplish her mission, Xandria will use various chemical elements to perform powerful attacks and spells.

Travel through different non-linear maps set in a dark fantasy world; such as a gloomy forest, demon-infested dungeons, a ruined village and more!

Wishlist Toziuha Night: Order of the Alchemists now!
Open Source! :)

Probably only the demo is open-source, but it's still a nice gesture. Much appreciated.
Lone_Scout: Open Source! :)

Probably only the demo is open-source, but it's still a nice gesture. Much appreciated.
It seems to be more engine-versus-assets:
Only Source code is under MIT license. The assets (images, music, sprites etc) aren't free and some assets rights are properties for their owners
Demo is available on itch.io

There's also an earlier game in the series: Toziuha Night: Dracula's Revenge (available on itch.io as well). Any chance of getting it here?
Tried the demos.

For the older game (the one not currently coming to GOG), the game uses controller vibration, and the option to turn it off doesn't seem to work. Instant dealbreaker for me.

For Order of the Alchemists, the game played fine until, after the first save point, there's a jump I can't seem to make.
"you’ll play as Xandria, a beautiful and skilled alchemist who, using an iron whip"

First, I was like YEAH ! one of *those* games again... Schnell to the forum for pop-corn party!!!
Is this really the game with the source code linked above? Really curious since on github it says last change three years ago, and this being a coming soon title.

Anyhow more Godot engine games are certainly welcome, although so far all (or only most) of them have missing Linux versions (Devcats, Dome Keeper, etc.).
Interesting. It certainly has that GBA Castlevania look down pat. Would be nice to see its predecessor Dracula's Revenge come here, too.
Post edited January 31, 2024 by P-E-S
Hylode: "you’ll play as Xandria, a beautiful and skilled alchemist who, using an iron whip"

First, I was like YEAH ! one of *those* games again... Schnell to the forum for pop-corn party!!!
I was going to write, "She will punish the flying skulls!", but that's nowhere near as good as your post. :)
dtgreene: Tried the demos.

For the older game (the one not currently coming to GOG), the game uses controller vibration, and the option to turn it off doesn't seem to work. Instant dealbreaker for me.
I tried turning off controller vibration in Draculas Revenge. It worked fine for me, so either the issue is only with certain controllers or it only exists in the demo (i only tried in the full version).
In a world full of dominatrixes, one stands against the evil. Lmao!
Post edited February 01, 2024 by DeadlyQueef
Any player will be able to design their own map, other players will be able to download it and play.
From the developer's own servers or from the concurrent platform ?
A proper 2D Castlevania and it comes with a native Linux version? I'm intrigued.
I get the feeling they're going for a GBA Castlevania approach here.