It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sinking City is coming soon DRM-free.

The Sinking City is an adventure and investigation game set in an open world inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft, the master of Horror. The half-submerged city of Oakmont is gripped by supernatural forces. You're a private investigator, and you have to uncover the truth of what has possessed the city… and the minds of its inhabitants.
PromZA: WOT? Didn't expect this. Well at least not until 27 June 2020 when the exclusivity with Epic ends and it can be sold anywhere else.
Well it will be released on June 19 2020 so you were only 8 days wrong. ;)
PromZA: Learned my lesson with Dex. Sure wasn't a new game anymore but thought 50% off was a bargain. Didn't know anything about GOG sales at the time and soon sold for 75% off regularly afterwards. Haven't even played it yet.
Wottie: Well, I think I bought Dex pretty late and at a solid discount, but man, that game is worth its full undiscounted price, at least in my eyes. Great story, polished gameplay, ingenious soundtrack, and I don't think I'd ever shed a few tears for the main villain before. If you like cyberpunk, 2D games, and can live with that it's not an AAA production (i.e., no movie sequences), you'll have a total blast. The weekend starts, go play it NOW! :)
Second everything you said about Dex. I'm pretty sure it released during one of the big sales here (Summer or Winter) and I ended up grabbing it on a whim. Was the best game I picked up that sale - loved every minute of it.

Anyway - this game looks fantastic, can't wait. Almost exactly sounds like Dark Corners of the Earth but with more focus on investigations and a sexy new coat of paint. VERY in when it comes out.
Majnun: I was planning on buying this on the Epic store once it hit 50% off. Now I'll just wait and pay full price when it comes here.
Why? If I *have* to wait one year, then surely I can wait somewhat longer to get 50% off. In fact, Epic exclusives probably should *launch* on Gog and Steam at 50% off -- I mean, they're a year old by then!

Majnun: Waiting till June 2020 kinda sucks but at least it'll be fully patched up & complete by then.
All y'all who keep saying that are optimists. A more cynical person would point to all the games that never do get fully patched up and complete.

Majnun: I hope gog keeps announcing any Epic "exclusives" that are coming here way in advance like this.
Sure, it's better than making it a mystery for a year.
Since I'm backlogged from here to eternity anyway thanks to GOG's sales, a year of waiting won't kill me.

I've bought games on Steam before, only to have them show up on GOG a year later, thus buying them twice.

Well I've had enough of that. More and more lately, I've noticed more and more triple-A games showing up on GOG after a year or two. From now on, I'm waiting for them here. I didn't buy The Sinking City on Epic because I had a feeling this would happen. My patience is beginning to pay off!
I'm glad GoG is telling us it will be released here this in advance. I've made the mistake of buying games elsewhere because I didn't think it would be released here - possibly ever.
Wottie: I rarely buy games on release, so I don't mind waiting for a patched, polished, I'd-like-to-write-bug-free version of a game if it comes DRM-free.
PromZA: Learned my lesson with Dex. Sure wasn't a new game anymore but thought 50% off was a bargain. Didn't know anything about GOG sales at the time and soon sold for 75% off regularly afterwards. Haven't even played it yet.
I think you should play it, Dex is a great game
high rated
Happy to know it will be on GOG.
I was about to post "Guess I won't be getting this on PS4 after all"...

...until I saw June 19, 2020 on the store page. 353 days isn't quite what I'd consider "coming soon".

I'm reading here that this is yet more of Epic using their more obscene wealth from the stolen credit cards of the parents of Fortnite players to foist their shitty unwanted DRM service as aggressively as possible without any care as to how quickly it's destroying 25+ years worth of good will they had previously built up within the PC gaming community.

If anyone from Frogwares is here and reading this - I don't resent you for doing this. I know making a video game is expensive and I'm sure the money was very much needed. If anything, I actually appreciate you being transparent, and still open to a DRM-free release of your fascinating game.

But yeah, I may ultimately get this on both PS4 and GOG.
RafaelRamus: I'm glad GoG is telling us it will be released here this in advance. I've made the mistake of buying games elsewhere because I didn't think it would be released here - possibly ever.
Totally agree. If I know it's coming to GOG in a year, then I'm more than happy to wait. Same for every new major title.
There are multiple games which have been "coming soon" on GOG for a super long time like System Shock, and games like Bloodlines 2 that were "coming soon" almost a year before announced release date, so this isn't that weird.

Does this even have DRM on the Epic Store? The few games I have bought there so far (Close to the Sun, Outer Wilds, Tetris Effect) are DRM free.
StingingVelvet: There are multiple games which have been "coming soon" on GOG for a super long time like System Shock, and games like Bloodlines 2 that were "coming soon" almost a year before announced release date, so this isn't that weird.

Does this even have DRM on the Epic Store? The few games I have bought there so far (Close to the Sun, Outer Wilds, Tetris Effect) are DRM free.
It's not DRM free if you need to install malware to download it and update it.
low rated
StingingVelvet: There are multiple games which have been "coming soon" on GOG for a super long time like System Shock, and games like Bloodlines 2 that were "coming soon" almost a year before announced release date, so this isn't that weird.

Epic store IS.THE.D.R.M. you dumbass.

Also congratulation in giving your personal information to China. You do realize Epic is owned by a Chinese consortium and they busy stealing your data right? I'm not even a right winger or American.
RedRagan: Epic store IS.THE.D.R.M. you dumbass.

Also congratulation in giving your personal information to China. You do realize Epic is owned by a Chinese consortium and they busy stealing your data right? I'm not even a right winger or American.
The client isn't DRM if it downloads a DRM free game you can backup and never use the client again for. There's a whole thread on here for Steam games like that. Even if you disagree with this for whatever reason, it's no reason to call people names and act like a jerk. Calm down.

I don't really care if China finds out I play videogames. What do you think they're going to do with this critical information, invade Panama?
low rated
RedRagan: Epic store IS.THE.D.R.M. you dumbass.

StingingVelvet: The client isn't DRM if it downloads a DRM free game you can backup and never use the client again for. There's a whole thread on here for Steam games like that. Even if you disagree with this for whatever reason, it's no reason to call people names and act like a jerk. Calm down.

I don't really care if China finds out I play videogames. What do you think they're going to do with this critical information, invade Panama?
Congrats, you're the type Chinese govt love. Obedience, never question anything. Keep quiet and become the cow of their farm. Do you know their censorship is so bad they isp banned every Chinese citizen who typing sentences like "Tianamen Square protest 1976" and right now Hong Kong is protesting again against extradition law.
RedRagan: Congrats, you're the type Chinese govt love. Obedience, never question anything. Keep quiet and become the cow of their farm. Do you know their censorship is so bad they isp banned every Chinese citizen who typing sentences like "Tianamen Square protest 1976" and right now Hong Kong is protesting again against extradition law.
You're so unrepentant about being insulting, even when you're factually inaccurate, so not sure why I should debate with you? I will say I don't know what part of my post made you think I'm a Chinese government supporter. I'm certainly not, I just don't know what you think is so worrisome about a random Chinese company knowing I purchased 4 games on the Epic Store, assuming you're even right that Epic is lying about not sharing that info in the first place.

Also Fortnite is the most popular game in the world, so the cat's already out of the bag there anyway. If China can conquer the Western world with all this critical gamer info then they're surely unstoppable now.