It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The plague spreads agony and fear in the small town of Wippra. As a plague doctor , you must bring healing and relief wherever you can.
Genre: Adventure
GOG.com: The plague spreads agony and fear in the small town of Wippra. As a plague doctor , you must bring healing and relief wherever you can.
Genre: Adventure
Sorry for being noisy on the forums but this too looks damn great interesting. Wishlisted for sure. Any eta?
Wishlisted - looks interesting
Catventurer: Wishlisted - looks interesting
Same here, interesting. Retro pixels in the line of The Last Door.
Description > Key Features:
- Contains no bad jokes

-> makes sense, good to know.
Characters without faces, no thanks, even though I like the historical setting.
joveian: Characters without faces, no thanks, even though I like the historical setting.
Dude, their faces are like 5x5 pixels...what do you expect?
BreOl72:
I've played a number of adventure games starting in the 80s and can't recall a single instance of anyone lacking a face to that degree (other than the creepy modern no-eyes thing in some mostly Japanese games and art). I just checked Kings Quest I (PCjr 1984) on the Internet Archive and the main character's face was 4x3 and he still had two eyes and a nose. The king had something like a 2x4 side profile and didn't have eyes but had a protruding nose and facial hair. This was when 320x200 with 16 colors was a new thing.

In this case, if the developers couldn't make the kind of face they wanted in 5x5 pixels, they could just use more pixels. It was an intentional choice and one that makes me completely uninterested in the game despite it otherwise sounding interesting.
BreOl72:
joveian: I've played a number of adventure games starting in the 80s
So did I.
But I don't think you're missing out on anything...it's not as if they could express any great emotions with three more pixels.
Attachments:
BreOl72: Enhanced? picture...
The poor woman either looks very angry or has come off worse in a fight with either the male or younger female in that picture. I personally prefer the non-existent facial expressions rather than less detailed ones that don't convey the characters emotion, and have the potential to confuse...
Trooper1270:
Obviously it takes some skill to do well, and like all pixel art involves suggestion on the part of the artist and imagination on the part of the player. Stardew Valley has some expressive faces in 8x5 pixels. Leaving out faces entirely just has a dehumanizing feel to me that makes me completely uninterested. Possibly that is exactly the intent and it is cleverly woven into the story, but I doubt it. Obviously people can disagree about art styles and maybe some people will like it, but GOG's curation is much less restrictive these days.
joveian: Obviously it takes some skill to do well, and like all pixel art involves suggestion on the part of the artist and imagination on the part of the player. Stardew Valley has some expressive faces in 8x5 pixels. Leaving out faces entirely just has a dehumanizing feel to me that makes me completely uninterested. Possibly that is exactly the intent and it is cleverly woven into the story, but I doubt it. Obviously people can disagree about art styles and maybe some people will like it, but GOG's curation is much less restrictive these days.
This could be the reason why the characters are devoid of any facial feature, as the developer/artist may not feel competent enough to pull it off. Especially for all the expressions that (I guess) may be needed in such a games like this, with such a small space to work with, and I suppose once you have committed to including them, you have to go the whole hog, which can make things all the more difficult. By omitting them, they have made things so much easier on themselves and their workload so much smaller...

This is all obviously just my opinion, and I could be way off...