It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare for a narrative-driven RPG set in a gritty world where a person's Lot is determined at birth, while the gods are real and preside over the fates of men. The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Good gamebook vibes!
Certainly looks like something I'd enjoy, even if I don't get much of the gameplay through the screenshots and trailers... Wishlisted
high rated
Chapters 1&&2 being free to play on Steam, may you be so kind, GOG, to approach developer/publisher and have them release them here? You know this is called customer service as opposed to if you want something visit Steam and go beg developer/publisher, hope && pray. :-)
Post edited February 24, 2021 by Mori_Yuki
Looks like a mix between an RPG and a chose your own adventure book. Intriguing.
This reminds me of a choose your adventure book of yore. I would enjoy a game version of that format. Wishlisted for now.
GOG.com: The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante is coming soon to GOG.COM!
FWIW, I like the title very much(there's certain heaviness involved, just like "Crime and Punishment") and the way it connects with the art style. Seems Devs put efforts into the details, so kudos for that!
My first thought watching the trailer, the voice is unbearable, I hope it's not in the game. And the game is, for its own good, text only. Now, the trailer is ugly but the game is interesting. More of these. It would be nice to have TinMan and Inkle games too, and other more text-heavy games. What might hold me is the lack of German - but one day I've got to learn Russian.
Byt the way, CYOA books were nothing like this. They were were really basic and didn't have stats or rolls, probably not even inventory. I avoided them as a child/kid and considered them inferior to RPG influenced gamebooks like FF or Grail Quest and others that were more complex. But I guess that's how you call all gamebooks in some countries.
Post edited February 24, 2021 by Dogmaus
This looks original and interesting.
Don't mind if I do. On to the wishlist it goes.
Dogmaus: It would be nice to have TinMan and Inkle games too, and other more text-heavy games.
80 Days is in GOG.
Carradice: 80 Days is in GOG.
sure, but no Sorcery 1-2-3-4 :)
Carradice: 80 Days is in GOG.
Dogmaus: sure, but no Sorcery 1-2-3-4 :)
Still, there is one Inkle game, since you wished for that.

Sorcery and others would be great, to be sure.
Carradice: Still, there is one Inkle game, since you wished for that.

lol I didn't wish for a game that is already here. Whatever you say.
Carradice: Still, there is one Inkle game, since you wished for that.

Dogmaus: lol I didn't wish for a game that is already here. Whatever you say.
You wrote that it would be nice to have Inkle games here. If you knew that 80 Days is in GOG, then your post was very badly written. Not only that: it would mislead others who were not aware that there is a well known Inkle game here.

So whatever. Sheer misapreciation CYOA books already speaks volumes about what can be expected :P
CYOA is a Bantham books series for children, specifically - calling every gamebook CYOA is like calling every console "a Nintendo" or any MP3 player "an iPod". CYOA means no character sheet, no dice rolls, or combat table in Lone Wolf and Gray Star. And me at 8 not liking that speaks volumes about can be expected of what? Deep down you know you are being just annoying. Yes, I lied about 80 Days not being on GOG...sure.
By the way, the art in this game reminds me of the Inkle Sorcery style too.
Post edited February 25, 2021 by Dogmaus