It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready to become Captain Thomas Welmu, a Spacefleet science officer, lost on the other side of the galaxy. The Captain, a new exciting adventure and simulation game, is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Seems interesting but I'm also not fond of time pressure.
No matter how much you stress stuff like "the fidelity of the background..." it's sill a You problem.
I don't see a problem, even after reading the comments and searching for it on the screenshots.
So much negativity.

I think it looks nice and interesting and am looking forward to its release.
Ashnak: No matter how much you stress stuff like "the fidelity of the background..." it's sill a You problem.
I don't see a problem, even after reading the comments and searching for it on the screenshots.
So much negativity.

I think it looks nice and interesting and am looking forward to its release.
Since there is only one artist with 20 or more years of experience working on this game it is fair to expect a consistent art style and quality. Otherwise a game is perceived as ugly and unnecessarily so. This is why I kind of understand the critique.
Post edited August 31, 2021 by Mori_Yuki
Mori_Yuki: Since there is only one artist with 20 or more years of experience working on this game it is fair to expect a consistent art style and quality. Otherwise a game is perceived as ugly and unnecessarily so. This is why I kind of understand the critique.
I think the art style of the characters fits the Murphy's law "look at the funny little monkeys who think they are some space heroes, yet everything they do turns to sh*t" feel of the game trailer.
Post edited August 31, 2021 by Magnitus
Mori_Yuki: Since there is only one artist with 20 or more years of experience working on this game it is fair to expect a consistent art style and quality. Otherwise a game is perceived as ugly and unnecessarily so. This is why I kind of understand the critique.
Magnitus: I think the art style of the characters fits the Murphy's law "look at the funny little monkeys who think they are some space heroes, yet everything they do turns to sh*t" feel of the game trailer.
An interesting way to look at it. The most I can say is that maybe the characters could be more detailed and more in line with the quality of the background. The only other thing is different camera distances which in pixel art games I'm not particularly fond of. Overall this game looks rather good to me.
I share the same complaint with the majority of people here who see the pixel art and was disappointed. It's not helped that I also just watch a lot of videos of old Metal Slug games and the pixel art is still *French finger kiss* exquisite.
That dude looks like the budget bin 0.99$ version of Riker.
looks interesting at the least. wishlisted