It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In a mood for a turn-based tactics adventure? We got you! The Bookwalker: Thief of Tales is coming soon on GOG!

With The Bookwalker: Thief of Tales, you’ll get a chance to step into a captivating narrative adventure. You’ll take up the role of Etienne Quist, a writer-turned-thief gifted with the extraordinary power to immerse himself within the pages of books. Harnessing this unique ability, you will embark on an exhilarating quest that traverses between the reality and the enchanting worlds found within books.

Your objective will be twofold: to recover your lost creative prowess and to reclaim your gift for writing. To achieve this, you'll need to venture into various literary realms, using your exceptional powers to steal artifacts of a legendary status, such as Thor's Hammer, or Excalibur. By obtaining these prized items, you will gradually restore your ability to weave stories and once again harness the power of the written word.

Soon on GOG!
this looks decent. and you can go to steam and try the demo that's not available here for some reason.
Looks intriguing.
Looks interesting. When I was young I always wanted to adventure in the pages of my books. :)

Guess I'll have to try the demo on Steam. GOG, please strongly encourage devs with demos to bring them to GOG as well! It encourages interested buyers when you can just stay on site to try it out and decide. That said, thanks for the increasing number of demos you have been bringing here.
So it's isometric view and it's a puzzle. Or is it going to like Jagged Alliance or Shadow Tactics?
Because I wish there's more games like that and this might be one of it
So it is a combination of isometric view and first person gameplay?
GOG.com: Coming soon: The Bookwalker: Thief of Tales
The "unspeakable crime" - part is a cheap excuse, of course...but the overall premise of the game (slip into books to steal stuff, etc) sounds interesting.

Though I can't help but think, that I heard about a book once, wherein that same premise (or one that was pretty similar) could be found.

But I can't remember the name...
This sounds interesting, might give it a look.
While the intro video looks cool, it would be even better to see actual gameplay footage.

But the premise seems intriguing enough. Hopefully, the game will be good.
The premise locks definitely unique and interesting.
Will be on a watch out for this one.
Post edited June 12, 2023 by Tarhiel
Hm... I think I'll have to put this on the wishlist, it looks very very interesting!