It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Avalon is dying. King Arthur is long gone, and Knights of the Round Table are in disarray. Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon is coming soon to GOG.COM.

Unravel the mysteries of the Guardian Menhirs and save your hometown in this narrative-driven, deckbuilding, open-world RPG – a bold reimagining of the classic Arthurian legends.

Already available in-development game Tainted Grail was also renamed to Tainted Grail: Conquest. If you have bought it before 11th February 2021, 3 PM UTC, then a free copy of Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon will be automatically added to your library.
So, they split the campaign and the roguelike (conquest) mode into two different games.
Not sure what to think about it...
The board game just arrived for me earlier in the week. It's gargantuan. I almost regret it.
I bought this almost immediately just because I loved the whole concept of it - combined with the "lore" and fantastic atmosphere.

I *didn't* play the campaign (seemed like a perfect concept that was still too far away from completion - I want the "full" campaign experience so I'm holding off for release).

But the roguelike aspect was a ton of fun. I barely scratched the surface before I shelved it (I got distracted by another game, and they were doing MASSIVE content dumps so I didn't want to burn out while the game was still in early In-Dev - it was tough to pull away trust me - the game was very good and also ... dare I say ... fun.) A lot of roguelikes can seem tedious when a run fails - this one captures that FTL vibe where you're not bummed, you're eager to fire up a new one.

The roguelike portion was getting massive content upgrades - new classes, total game revamps and visuals, always balance tweaks.

So I can't speak to the campaign, though I have high hopes - but anyone on the fence I say give it a shot - very nice game. Damnit I'm almost talking myself into firing it up - there was so much stuff added since the last time I played I bet it's like a new game all over again.

Can't wait to finish my Cyberpunk playthrough - it's pulling me away from way too much good stuff !
mqstout: The board game just arrived for me earlier in the week. It's gargantuan. I almost regret it.
Same here. I’ve never played a tabletop game before but have started buying quite a few of them. Got the sun dropped King’s Pledge + Niamh and the box is massive. I haven’t even opened it yet because I’m intimidated.
Isn't their other game still in early access?
mqstout: The board game just arrived for me earlier in the week. It's gargantuan. I almost regret it.
My friends and i just completed the first campaign and it took us 9 sessions, that were about 11 hours each. So good luck.
samuraigaiden: Isn't their other game still in early access?
Yeah, and tbh...I think BOTH games are going to be in-dev releases. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gotta be honest...IK almost nothing about this game...but what I do know doesn't look good. The developers promised a game...and now, for some reason, they took the decision to SPLIT their original promised game into two different games. One will be a lengthy SP campaign. The other one a roguelike using the same premise, ruleset and elements.

It's...weird. Like a company releasing a game and then splitting it into a single and multiplayer standalone versions. Unusual to say the least.
It wouldn't be that bad if they decided to make the campaign-only one free or something. But no...they're going to be asking full price for both games. Talking about making the cake and eating it too.
no doubt a copycat of Baldur's Gate III. there was no "warping" in King Arthur legends of any respectable sort, nor "twisting" of people into creatures! LOL
Post edited February 07, 2021 by neosapian
samuraigaiden: Isn't their other game still in early access?
Orpheus-GOG: Yeah, and tbh...I think BOTH games are going to be in-dev releases. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gotta be honest...IK almost nothing about this game...but what I do know doesn't look good. The developers promised a game...and now, for some reason, they took the decision to SPLIT their original promised game into two different games. One will be a lengthy SP campaign. The other one a roguelike using the same premise, ruleset and elements.

It's...weird. Like a company releasing a game and then splitting it into a single and multiplayer standalone versions. Unusual to say the least.
It wouldn't be that bad if they decided to make the campaign-only one free or something. But no...they're going to be asking full price for both games. Talking about making the cake and eating it too.
I also know nothing about the game. My guess is that they were developing a campaign where you delve into dungeons, then turned the dungeon diving into separate game.

They most likely have the same amount of resources (people) for the two projects. So one or both projects is going to suffer, and both take longer. It certainly does have all the signs of poor management.
I bought the indev game here in mid-january not knowing anything about a cut-off date. The reason for buying it was, that I started playing the board game campaign, the fall of avalon. I thought it would be great to experience this also in the video game... if I had known, I have to pay again for the cut out singleplayer campaign.

Fortunatelly I was still within that time period to claim a refund.
Post edited February 07, 2021 by Schlaumayr
Orpheus-GOG: ...
qwixter: I also know nothing about the game. My guess is that they were developing a campaign where you delve into dungeons, then turned the dungeon diving into separate game.

They most likely have the same amount of resources (people) for the two projects. So one or both projects is going to suffer, and both take longer. It certainly does have all the signs of poor management.
Like I said...the worst part for me is the fact that they STILL have the OG game in Early Access. And this was a Kickstarter project (in fact IIRC it was the most successful KS project back in the day) and they didn't even finished that game...and they're now crippling it to make yet another one...with unknown results.
I mean...either finish your previous game first...or make it free/dirt cheap, to "compensate", you know? Otherwise it just feels shady af and clearly a cashgrab.

They could've just made a sequel (still kinda shady imho but whatever) and it would've been better. But taking the original UNFINISHED game and splitting it? Bad optics. Very bad optics.