It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Catching up with the past.

<span class="bold">Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire</span>, a stylish turn-based RPG where a young princess must fight to save her people from a bloodthirsty empire, is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Her world is still recovering from the downfall of a grand spacefaring civilization that came before. Princess Tahira can feel the echoes of the events that ushered this new dark age, but she must focus on the present and stand against the rising Astral Empire which threatens to wipe out her people. Roaming a world full of intriguing characters, lost magic and the smoldering remains of ancient glory, Tahira's modest forces must use guerilla tactics if they hope to challenge the Empire and emerge victorious from this fateful night. Every single battle is heavy with narrative context and will be decided by Tahira's clever use of the environment and also the people that she's travelling with.

Wishlist <span class="bold">Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire</span> today and join her on a journey where exploring the past can give new hope for the future, coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NiI2NZfhuYU
Post edited August 31, 2016 by maladr0Id
high rated
Hey Folks!

One of the developers of Tahira here! We're really excited to be releasing the game on GOG. If you have any questions about the game, fire away!

Peter C
catpower1980: I'm glad it comes as a full game rather than an episodic one. Probably a day-one purchase for me.
Wolfram_von_Thal: On indiedb I still read "episodic", will it really be the full game on release? That would be great, as I'm still very hesistant about episodic concepts.
Hi Wolfram :)

The game is very much a full game rather than an episodic release. You'll get 10+ hours of dense story-telling and increasingly complex turn-based tactics battles. The story is written with a very defined beginning, middle and end. We do leave some things up in the air for a possible sequel, but where would the fun be if we couldn't improve on what we've built with this one!
With the combat, we're really happy to say that each battle you fight is unique with different objectives and completely different environments. We want you to feel like you're really travelling through a world and making sure that every place you go to is an actual place was very important to us.

The IndieDB description was my bad for forgetting to change it!
Post edited August 19, 2016 by whalehammergames
whalehammergames: Hey Folks!

One of the developers of Tahira here! We're really excited to be releasing the game on GOG. If you have any questions about the game, fire away!

Peter C
Thanks for coming by! I've been looking forward to the game since backing it on KS, and am thrilled that it is being released on GOG.

Anyway, very glad this is so close to release here. Can't wait to try it out!

EDIT: Just read the update post on KS, modified my comments accordingly.
Post edited August 19, 2016 by IAmSinistar

Peter C
Wolfram_von_Thal: On indiedb I still read "episodic", will it really be the full game on release? That would be great, as I'm still very hesistant about episodic concepts.
whalehammergames: Hi Wolfram :)

The game is very much a full game rather than an episodic release. You'll get 10+ hours of dense story-telling and increasingly complex turn-based tactics battles. The story is written with a very defined beginning, middle and end. We do leave some things up in the air for a possible sequel, but where would the fun be if we couldn't improve on what we've built with this one!
With the combat, we're really happy to say that each battle you fight is unique with different objectives and completely different environments. We want you to feel like you're really travelling through a world and making sure that every place you go to is an actual place was very important to us.

Hi, and welcome to GOG, you can contact GOG and you get colored text, this will make it easier for us to see when a dev is replying.

hi, i played the alpha demo yesterday game looks very nice, reminds me of banner saga and skyshines bedlam (i own these game at gog)

The alpha demo supports 640x480 all the way to the hd but on a 1024x768 sscreen the text is very small
anything lower then 1024x768 makes the text unreadable ( hd screens are cheap i know , but i cant work with these for reasons, its not becuase of the price)

As for the 1.7 ghz as a minimum: the alpha demo i played is stressing my i 5 750 quad core 2.67 8gb
quite a lot, so maybe you could change the minim to at least 3 ghz i guess.
My GPU = GTS 250 1 GB ram
I use win7 64 bits
Zoidberg: Need to wait on the pricing on this one. Very neat animations it seems though.

Hey GOG! No video displays in your client anymore!
check the site: http://www.tahiragame.com/#buy

the website reads:

$14.99 and now 12.99 if you buy it on their site i guess

$22.99 and now $19.99 if you buy it on their site i guess

so i guess it will be between 14.99 and 22.99
14.99 is a good listprice for the game, and at 22.99 list price you get extras

screenshot taken today:
Attachments:
Post edited August 19, 2016 by gamesfreak64
My initial impression was that I didn't like the art style, but then as I watched more of the trailer I warmed to it. Another one to add to my wishlist and to check out a few reviews after release. Glad to see it coming here.

Peter C
whalehammergames: Hi Wolfram :)

That's great to hear! I loved the alpha you put on indiedb and I'm looking forward to the release. :)
Zoidberg: Need to wait on the pricing on this one. Very neat animations it seems though.

Hey GOG! No video displays in your client anymore!
gamesfreak64: check the site: http://www.tahiragame.com/#buy

the website reads:

$14.99 and now 12.99 if you buy it on their site i guess

$22.99 and now $19.99 if you buy it on their site i guess

so i guess it will be between 14.99 and 22.99
14.99 is a good listprice for the game, and at 22.99 list price you get extras

screenshot taken today:
Unless they price it the "same" in euros.

Wait and see in any case.

Peter C

Hi Wolfram :)

gamesfreak64: Hi, and welcome to GOG, you can contact GOG and you get colored text, this will make it easier for us to see when a dev is replying.

hi, i played the alpha demo yesterday game looks very nice, reminds me of banner saga and skyshines bedlam (i own these game at gog)

The alpha demo supports 640x480 all the way to the hd but on a 1024x768 sscreen the text is very small
anything lower then 1024x768 makes the text unreadable ( hd screens are cheap i know , but i cant work with these for reasons, its not becuase of the price)

As for the 1.7 ghz as a minimum: the alpha demo i played is stressing my i 5 750 quad core 2.67 8gb
quite a lot, so maybe you could change the minim to at least 3 ghz i guess.
My GPU = GTS 250 1 GB ram
I use win7 64 bits
Hey!

Thanks for the welcome. I've talked to GOG about the yellow dev text, let's see if it worked!

The full release supports resolutions down to 1024x768, but there is still an issue with tooltip font size at that resolution. You can read it, but it's a struggle. We are going to try and shorten the tooltips enough that we can scale them up for the lower resolutions, but I'm not 100% sure we're going to be able to fix it completely.

Where did you get the alpha build from, if you don't mind me asking?
Most of the alpha builds that were released are running on a very different code-base to the one in the final game (a far inferior code-base), so despite having more going on, the game should run okay on the lower end CPUs. We've tested it on a few oldies.

Peter C
IAmSinistar: Thanks for coming by! I've been looking forward to the game since backing it on KS, and am thrilled that it is being released on GOG.

Anyway, very glad this is so close to release here. Can't wait to try it out!

EDIT: Just read the update post on KS, modified my comments accordingly.
Hey! We're really psyched to be able to get the game to you via GOG. It's something we were really hoping we'd be able to do. Thank you for the Kickstarter support :)
Post edited August 20, 2016 by whalehammergames
This one looks great. I like Tbs games and I snickered when I saw this guard fall to his doom in the gameplay video. Wishlisted. How story-driven is this game?
Post edited August 21, 2016 by jorlin
low rated
deleted
whalehammergames: Hey! We're really psyched to be able to get the game to you via GOG. It's something we were really hoping we'd be able to do. Thank you for the Kickstarter support :)
I've had very mixed experiences on KS with games, far more than any other kind of project (books, music, etc). I'm happy that your team is one of the good ones, working hard to make the game available to us DRM-free backers through an awesome store like GOG. Thank you again!

Oh, and congratulations on getting the orange Dev colouring! I had messaged GOG about getting you properly marked as well. I think it's quite snazzy that devs stand out like this on forums now. :)
Question for dev.

If you preorder from your website, can we get a gog key instead of a steam key? If so, how?
Lynchden: Question for dev.

If you preorder from your website, can we get a gog key instead of a steam key? If so, how?
Hey Lynchden,
You can't at the moment. It's something we might look into post-release, (obviously not helpful right now), but we don't have the back-end set up for it and we're all too busy getting everything ready for launch (there's only three of us :))

whalehammergames: Hey! We're really psyched to be able to get the game to you via GOG. It's something we were really hoping we'd be able to do. Thank you for the Kickstarter support :)
IAmSinistar: I've had very mixed experiences on KS with games, far more than any other kind of project (books, music, etc). I'm happy that your team is one of the good ones, working hard to make the game available to us DRM-free backers through an awesome store like GOG. Thank you again!

Oh, and congratulations on getting the orange Dev colouring! I had messaged GOG about getting you properly marked as well. I think it's quite snazzy that devs stand out like this on forums now. :)
Thank you very much! :)

I understand why game devs have more trouble than most with delivering what they promise, games are far more complex than most other projects on Kickstarter and they do change a lot during development. But there is definitely a real lack of professionalism and a gold-rush mentality with games funding. I think things will settle down over the next few years as the current wave of indies solidify into new companies and it becomes more obvious who is trustworthy and who isn't.

And thanks so much regarding the yellow text. It makes me feel very special! Haha.
Post edited August 25, 2016 by whalehammergames
jorlin: This one looks great. I like Tbs games and I snickered when I saw this guard fall to his doom in the gameplay video. Wishlisted. How story-driven is this game?
Haha, I am a fan of pushing people off cliffs. So satisfying!

It's very story-driven. There's a lot of character growth and relationship growth between the characters in the game and you learn a lot about the history of the world and the different cultures as you play through. I'm the writer so it's close to my heart.

Each combat scenario serves a purpose in the plot, rather than just being the same basic battle duplicated over and over. Level design wise, we took some cues from Warcraft 3, in that each battle has different objectives and win conditions, which keeps things fresh.