It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

System Shock 2 was originally released in 1999 and this cult classic sci-fi horror FPS with RPG elements has become widely considered as one of the best video games of all time.

Now, from the hands of Nightdive Studios, the System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition is coming soon to GOG!

With the goal of reverse engineering the original code to port SS2 to the KEX Engine, this upcoming title will let us enjoy the legendary game from almost 25 years ago, all with cinematics, textures, characters and weapon models updated, and the Co-Op Multiplayer overhauled to create a seamless experience.

Make sure to wishlist it so you won’t miss its release or any special offer and check out the 2023’s System Shock remake to fully prepare for the Enhanced Edition!
Sure, why not.
The current owners of the classic version will get a free copy of the enhanced edition?
Good to see this game in widescreen and with updated visuals!

To the wishlist with you! :)

edit: Wishlist seems to be broken again and the game is not yet listed in the store's search. Thing's are going well again, huh?
Post edited October 19, 2023 by Atreyu666
Woot! I was wondering when this was coming. I pre-ordered the SS1 remake and that was supposed to come with this SS2 enhanced edition. Can't wait to see how the enhanced edition turns out.
Atreyu666: Good to see this game in widescreen and with updated visuals!
But in our mind, it always looked like this, of course. xD
BranjoHello: But in our mind, it always looked like this, of course. xD
This is actually true! Many games, early 3D games for the most part, looked a lot better in my memory :D

But you know what? Quake 3 still looks awesome :D
No controller support this time?
Atreyu666: Good to see this game in widescreen and with updated visuals!
It's been in Widescreen for years though. Ultrawide even.
Attachments:
Post edited October 19, 2023 by BrianSim
BrianSim: It's been in Widescreen for years though. Ultrawide even.
Hm, I haven't played this game in many years. I'm sure there are a lot of mods and stuff for it, that already enhance the experience :)
Seen the IGN trailer for the Enhanced Edition on youtube. A remake using a newer engine would interest me more.
Instant buy when it's available
Anyone that pre-ordered the remake of System Shock is supposed to be getting this for free.
M3troid: No controller support this time?
The text on the store page says “ Improvements to gameplay, updated co-op multiplayer, enhanced M&K and gamepad controller support..”
The trailer video isn't working.
Youtube says it's being processed atm...
Attachments: