It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A strategy RPG about outsmarting AI-driven adversaries, forging friendships, and toppling galactic empires can already be seen on the horizon. Star Renegades is coming soon on GOG.COM. Survive the relentless onslaught of an Intelligent Adversary system that generates unique enemies and bosses that evolve as you play.
Looks great, although it looks like standard jrpg with line combat (not what I think of when I read "Tactical"). I also wonder what "reactive" means: another "turn-based" game spoiled by twitch mechanics? At least with Cris Tales, I got a demo to show me that was the case. I guess I'll have to put more effort into finding out if this game is worth playing, or this is just yet another victory for the twitchers.
MobiusArcher: I love when games do that 2D sprites in 3D thing. Does that have a name? I thought it was 2.5D, but I guess that's something else.
The Devs defined it as 2DX.
Here's an excerpt from their newsletter talking about it:

"Yesss we have turned our 2D pixel art style into… 2DX! We contemplated some other names such as:

2.5D
2D+
L.A.S.E.R. (L-evel A-nimation S-ystem E-ngineered R-ight)
2DXTREMEEEEEEEEEE
...sooo yeeeah, 2DX(TREMEEEEEEEEEE) seemed to work for us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
Looks interesting! Wishlisted!

Outwit your foes with interrupts, counters, and combos in our fast-paced Reactive Time Battle System
viperfdl: Sounds more like an action game than a turn based game.
darktjm: Looks great, although it looks like standard jrpg with line combat (not what I think of when I read "Tactical"). I also wonder what "reactive" means: another "turn-based" game spoiled by twitch mechanics? At least with Cris Tales, I got a demo to show me that was the case. I guess I'll have to put more effort into finding out if this game is worth playing, or this is just yet another victory for the twitchers.
It's 100% turn-based. It uses a time-line (queueing) system for determining order of action execution (go before the enemy to crit, powerful attacks push them to later in the turn).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CejxKlv4P5U
The battle system remind me of Tales of Destiny so much. I hope it's as fun as that RPG
ChrisGamer300: Colt canyon could learn form this game, it's pixelated but i kind of like the oddly appealing visuals and environments in the screenshots and it's turn based and those always gets wishlisted, interesting.
Breja: It is indeed much better looking than Colt Canyon (actually that's a bar set so low it sounds like less of a praise than I intended), but still in some of the screens the characters badly blurr together with the background. Maybe it's just my issue, I often have a problem with pixel graphics not being "clear" enough for me.
I think it has to do with the lack of strong outlines in the sprites, especially when the characters have colors that almost blend with the background. In a lot of older generation games, despite limitations in color palette and sprite size, there was enough contrast to be able to discern objects at a glance.

Pixel art from indie developers are a mixed bag. Some developers may not have access to a good artist and/or larger sprites are too time-consuming to create. Simple low-res art is more forgiving than badly done high-res art.
Post edited June 18, 2020 by SpaceMadness
Yoder: It's 100% turn-based.
OK, thanks. That sold me. Sounds like Grandia-like combat. I'll watch the video when I get youtube-dl working again.

I wonder why your reply didn't set the purple dot/reply thing.
Release date: September 8th

Release Date Announce Trailer
Looks like something I'll buy on launch... but I don't like how the trailers don't show even a glimpse of the combat interface.
yep grabbing this one too, 2bad their canadians but on the other hand, canadians managed to supply the world with great SF

just watched their corruption trailer and have to say it strikes home!
time to take out space base halycon 6 from underneath the dust again

since i'm done with total war i have enough free time for the rest of the month