It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Check out this incredible strategic city-builder simulator – RAILGRADE is coming soon on GOG!

RAILGRADE is a management simulator in which your quest will be to transport resources and drive industries of an extraterrestrial colony. Taking up the role of a planet administrator, you’ll have to restore industrial production after a catastrophic collapse of infrastructure. Among many other things, you’ll be able to build intricate rail networks and harness the power of track vehicles to connect key industrial facilities to your sources. You’ll also have to manage supplies and production performance to increase efficiency and build an optimal supply chain, using multi-level tracks and different types of locomotives. This game is an excellent combination of strategic decision-making and creative construction – and it’s up to you to try reviving a once thriving industrial colony. If you succeed, you might even get permission for a return to Earth...

Soon on GOG!
Train Valley 2 meets Factorio? Count me in! :)
Oh, this looks very nice !
Very nice. A game that's totally up my alley. It certainly piqued my interest when it first showed up on EGS last Fall. Guess their exclusivity deal is about to expire. :)
Post edited May 05, 2023 by P-E-S
Absolutely love this game and the soundtracks are pure retrowave eargasm! Fantastic atmosphere and lots of details here.

This is micro Transport Tycoon Deluxe on steroids with scenario-like puzzles where you are expected to work out miracles with little. There's hint of a parody here but I won't spoil it. The mission briefings alone is hilarious, and you earn points on how good / effective you are which you can use to buy things in the in-game shop called the Voucher Exchange. Oh, and you can change the camera to ride the in front of the train if you like, among several camera angles. XD

I've been waiting quite some time for it to come here ever since I saw KatherineOfSky had a Let's Play. :)

There’s also Endless Mode, allowing you to continue playing past a mission’s completion:
Railgrade - Official Update 1.1 Developer Overview Trailer

RAILGRADE - Update 2 Trailer
Post edited May 06, 2023 by sanscript
I've been wanting something like OpenTTD but with better graphics. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the nice signaling that OpenTTD has, so I'm not sure how this one will do but hopefully it is ok.
Remind me of Railway Empire but more futuristic...
Damn it! I just bought this on the platform that shall not be named! I didn't know it was coming to GoG!
Maybe I'm still within refund window.
joveian: I've been wanting something like OpenTTD but with better graphics. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the nice signaling that OpenTTD has, so I'm not sure how this one will do but hopefully it is ok.
From all I've seen about the game, it is much more limited in scope, and the regular gameplay is definitely very much goal-oriented with its campaign missions. It looks nothing like Transport Tycoon or its derivatives.

The closest thing to a modern Transport Tycoon is Transport Fever 2. It's not perfect, and it may not be for everyone, but I find it quite enjoyable.

Something that hues a bit more closer to the old TT style would be something like Mashinky, but that may never come to GOG. I asked the developer long ago whether a release here might be likely and at the time he didn't seem to have any intention to do so. It's also been in EA for over four and a half years now. *shrug*
Post edited May 06, 2023 by P-E-S
P-E-S: From all I've seen about the game, it is much more limited in scope, and the regular gameplay is definitely very much goal-oriented with its campaign missions. It looks nothing like Transport Tycoon or its derivatives.

The closest thing to a modern Transport Tycoon is Transport Fever 2. It's not perfect, and it may not be for everyone, but I find it quite enjoyable.

Something that hues a bit more closer to the old TT style would be something like Mashinky, but that may never come to GOG. I asked the developer long ago whether a release here might be likely and at the time he didn't seem to have any intention to do so. It's also been in EA for over four and a half years now. *shrug*
"Railway Empire" is pretty enjoyable too, even if it's less deep than TF2 or Mashinky. (it's closer to "Sid Meier’s Railroads!").
Post edited May 06, 2023 by Splatsch
Splatsch: "Railway Empire" is pretty enjoyable too, even if it's less deep than TF2 or Mashinky. (it's closer to "Sid Meier’s Railroads!").
I didn't like Sid Meier's Railroads (although it is a bit different and I could see why some people do) so good to know that Railway Empire is more along those lines. All the DLC put me off getting that one.
P-E-S: From all I've seen about the game, it is much more limited in scope, and the regular gameplay is definitely very much goal-oriented with its campaign missions. It looks nothing like Transport Tycoon or its derivatives.
Too bad :(.

I've had Transport Fever 2 on my wishlist for a while, although I got Train Fever when it was first released and was both disappointed in that one (although there are some aspects I like) and I thought they released the first Transport Fever way too quickly after that one. Did they fix the thing in TF2 mentioned by the first review that the cost of railroads is higher than other transport methods?

Hopefully Mashinky will appear here eventually, thanks for mentioning it. The single developer aspect worries me a bit but it does look like OpenTTD with nicer graphics (although I didn't see a detailed description of the signaling). The longer the developer can keep at it the better the chance it will be a really excellent game.
joveian: I didn't like Sid Meier's Railroads (although it is a bit different and I could see why some people do) so good to know that Railway Empire is more along those lines. All the DLC put me off getting that one. Too bad :(.
No problem, I fully understand ;)
joveian: I've had Transport Fever 2 on my wishlist for a while, although I got Train Fever when it was first released and was both disappointed in that one (although there are some aspects I like) and I thought they released the first Transport Fever way too quickly after that one. Did they fix the thing in TF2 mentioned by the first review that the cost of railroads is higher than other transport methods?
The initial cost of setting up rail lines is always going to be higher but it also tends to be much more lucrative, too, once the production chain gets going. A decent length filled up passenger train also rakes in the big bucks. More or less railways always end up subsidizing some of my trams, bus, and truck lines that aren't doing quite so well financially. Boats are still kind of useless more often than not (which only got introduced in the first Transport Fever), and planes while potentially profitable are only of limited use.

There are some very recognizable similarities between Transport Fever 2 and Train Fever since it is more less a continued iteration of the same formula, but it has seen much more quality-of-life improvements, such as significantly better industry chains and improved track and road construction (although that can still be a bit fiddly at times).

Yeah, Train Fever had its fair share of issues, but most of them have been addressed in this latest iteration. That said, the general gameplay is still very alike so if you didn't like it in that you may not like Transport Fever 2 either. *shrug*

While I enjoy the management side of the game, its living model train set appeal is actually my favorite part. I love seeing the cities grow and expand as I keep bringing in more goods and watching passengers shuttle to-and-fro. I've spent quite some time just following trains around, taking leisure tram tours around one of the cities, or flying over my mini empire via the plane cams. :)
Post edited May 08, 2023 by P-E-S
Looks good, signed up for notify.
I want to see a better Train Simulator too, Grey Pigeon (white dove) sucks at physics. (;-p)
Post edited May 08, 2023 by AS882010M0
P-E-S:
Thanks! It sounds like it was fixed (unless the author of the review misunderstood). I also really like the "painting that moves" aspect of sim games and I liked that aspect of Train Fever. Partly I was just frustrated how much vastly simpler Train Fever was vs OpenTTD (not even counting non-rail transport), so it sounds like I should be much happier with TF2. I'll give it a try at the next good sale.