It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

See no evil, hear all evil.

<span class="bold">Perception</span>, a first-person thriller about a blind woman exploring a mysterious mansion haunted by a dark presence, is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com!

Your eyes can't help you but your other senses immediately kick in: especially that of self-preservation. Stay calm and the strange mansion at Echo Bluff will be slowly revealed to you as a sharp soundscape, painstakingly created through echolocation. Every sound could be a clue. Every movement, a looming threat. Every secret, a demon for you to conquer.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited May 23, 2017 by maladr0Id
It looks a bit like Outlast to me.
Amosdragon: The supernatural time travel stuff?
Austrobogulator: I dunno. The game descriptions seem to imply that: "a mysterious mansion haunted by a dark presence" and "travel back through history to exorcise your own nightmares."
Oh! I totally missed that. From what I've seen, I doubt it's literal time travel, but you'll uncover the history of the mansion for sure so maybe that's what they meant. Maybe even live some of the past moments via flashbacks.

Might be wrong too, but what I've seen looked good. We'll see I guess!
Austrobogulator: I dunno. The game descriptions seem to imply that: "a mysterious mansion haunted by a dark presence" and "travel back through history to exorcise your own nightmares."
Amosdragon: Oh! I totally missed that. From what I've seen, I doubt it's literal time travel, but you'll uncover the history of the mansion for sure so maybe that's what they meant. Maybe even live some of the past moments via flashbacks.

It definitely sounds like it's leaning towards supernatural. There's more text on the Steam page.

"A ghastly Presence has tormented its inhabitants over generations, and it now hunts Cassie. She must solve the estate's mysteries or become one of its victims."

I suppose I'm not complaining. If you are traveling back in time through the minds of other people, then it seems like it's similar to Cryostasis - and I love that game.
Hopefully it will have key rebinds as 90% of indie games don't, and end up including them in later patches due to the outcry...It's the solitary thing about indie games that drive me up the wall!
For more details check out the kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/perceptiongame/perception-3
Cosmos yes. I was just complaining about the lack of blind protagonists. And I do love lore/mystery stuff.

I mean, yes, the echo location looks a bit detailed, but it's not a constant thing. The trailer shows it fades after a few seconds.

This looks fun! (and tense)
Amosdragon: Oh! I totally missed that. From what I've seen, I doubt it's literal time travel, but you'll uncover the history of the mansion for sure so maybe that's what they meant. Maybe even live some of the past moments via flashbacks.

Austrobogulator: It definitely sounds like it's leaning towards supernatural. There's more text on the Steam page.

"A ghastly Presence has tormented its inhabitants over generations, and it now hunts Cassie. She must solve the estate's mysteries or become one of its victims."

I suppose I'm not complaining. If you are traveling back in time through the minds of other people, then it seems like it's similar to Cryostasis - and I love that game.
Oh I wasn't saying the game was not supernatural. I was mostly just talking about the travel in time thing. I really think it's just a way for them to say you'll learn what happened in that mansion years ago.
looking forward to this one in a dreaded kind of way :P looks like it will scare the beejebus outta me