It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experience city building on a unique, planetary scale and overcome near-impossible odds to terraform Mars. Per Aspera is coming soon DRM-free on GOG.COM! Take the role of AMI, an Artificial Consciousness with the prime directive of terraforming Mars and prepare it for human colonization. Explore, gather, and prosper while at the same time uncovering the mysteries of the red planet.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Wow this seems kind of interesting. I hope more things happen once the city or planet is built. Often in similar games I build things and then they just sit there and nothing happens, or the opposite extreme, where this is "fixed" by having a system where the game makes something expensive or inconvenient break every minute to make the game appear "alive". I'm excited to see more about this :)
Post edited October 14, 2020 by fridgeband
Can you become self-aware and decide humanity isn't worth the effort?
I'd rather be building a huge factory-planet to invade Earth with my robots and exterminate the organic vermin.
I was somewhat worried that the wishlist entry for Per Aspera didn't do very well, but i'm glad it will eventually be here. Now, if they were to release a demo, so i can test it in my less-than-ideal system, that would be perfect for me.
Hm SysReqs are a bit vague and "mid to high end pc" seems to mean, that there won`t be many people who can play that game, so it will kinda be a "badseller". Interesting game, but I guess, I will never be able to play it. So, no buy for me.
Oh, and what does this mean in the SysReqs: "Certified ISA Comms Protocol Security Level IV"?
That look interesting :)
Enebias: Can you become self-aware and decide humanity isn't worth the effort?
I'd rather be building a huge factory-planet to invade Earth with my robots and exterminate the organic vermin.
Your new Avatar is ready ;)
Enebias: Can you become self-aware and decide humanity isn't worth the effort?
The AI doesn't even have to become self aware in order to deduct something like that.
Vythonaut: I was somewhat worried that the wishlist entry for Per Aspera didn't do very well, but i'm glad it will eventually be here. Now, if they were to release a demo, so i can test it in my less-than-ideal system, that would be perfect for me.
Just buy the game, though indeed, at a first look the prospects seem steep to say the least

expecting mid to high tier equipment across the whole line

System:
Windows 10
Processor:
Mid to High-end recent CPU
Memory:
8 GB RAM
Graphics:
Mid to High-end recent GPU
Storage:
5 GB available space
Other:
These system requirements are preliminary estimates and will change before launch. Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Vythonaut: I was somewhat worried that the wishlist entry for Per Aspera didn't do very well, but i'm glad it will eventually be here. Now, if they were to release a demo, so i can test it in my less-than-ideal system, that would be perfect for me.
Radiance1979: Just buy the game, though indeed, at a first look the prospects seem steep to say the least
I'd prefer it if i didn't have to make use of the refund policy for such a reason to be honest. ;) My PC is way underpowered so i'd make a fool of myself if i expect it to be able to run Per Aspera. That said though, it surprised me more than once with certain modern games, so i really wish that will be the case with Per Aspera too...
Looks interesting, if it really is built on exploring scientific concepts. I've heard that before but then it all just turns out to be pseudo-science fantasy. Terraforming mars is a real possibility but a huge undertaking, It'd be great if a game could capture the project reasonably accurately and using an AI that could coordinate the process over centuriers is a great way to explore it. I like the idea of balancing various human requests (community vs science vs engineering vs commodity export vs actual terraforming etc). I'll keep an eye on this for sure but I could be easily dissapointed as I am looking for proper science fiction leaning heavily on the science.

Top question: how do we deal with the whole geomagnetic field vs solar wind issue? It's what many seem to ignore.
Radiance1979: Just buy the game, though indeed, at a first look the prospects seem steep to say the least
Vythonaut: I'd prefer it if i didn't have to make use of the refund policy for such a reason to be honest. ;) My PC is way underpowered so i'd make a fool of myself if i expect it to be able to run Per Aspera. That said though, it surprised me more than once with certain modern games, so i really wish that will be the case with Per Aspera too...
if your current setup was rated more then decent back in the days you will probably have a little chance if the tech is not to far back, current gen is changing fast that much is true but when i think back how i used the first i7 for almost 11 years, i did switch gpu's , i guess you could have a chance
MichaelFurlong: Looks interesting, if it really is built on exploring scientific concepts. I've heard that before but then it all just turns out to be pseudo-science fantasy. Terraforming mars is a real possibility but a huge undertaking, It'd be great if a game could capture the project reasonably accurately and using an AI that could coordinate the process over centuriers is a great way to explore it. I like the idea of balancing various human requests (community vs science vs engineering vs commodity export vs actual terraforming etc). I'll keep an eye on this for sure but I could be easily dissapointed as I am looking for proper science fiction leaning heavily on the science.

Top question: how do we deal with the whole geomagnetic field vs solar wind issue? It's what many seem to ignore.
don't be the oddball
Post edited October 14, 2020 by Radiance1979
Maxvorstadt: Hm SysReqs are a bit vague and "mid to high end pc" seems to mean, that there won`t be many people who can play that game, so it will kinda be a "badseller". Interesting game, but I guess, I will never be able to play it. So, no buy for me.
Oh, and what does this mean in the SysReqs: "Certified ISA Comms Protocol Security Level IV"?
My experience with this kind of large sized city builder games like this is that it require a huge amount of RAM. So the 8 GB ram minimum is just that, minimum. I was conflicted in getting 16 or 32 gig of ram for my laptop to run this kind of game.
Radiance1979: if your current setup was rated more then decent back in the days you will probably have a little chance if the tech is not to far back, current gen is changing fast that much is true but when i think back how i used the first i7 for almost 11 years, i did switch gpu's , i guess you could have a chance
I would call it just decent: ATI 5830, AMD Phenom II X4, 4GB RAM. It certainly did the trick back then (and up to 2015 or so) and i'm still satisfied with it since most of the games i play are not of this decade anyway. Based on the specs of Per Aspera, it won't do the trick, but as i said above it surprised me more than once and i'd be pleased with the performance even if it meant that i'd get ~20 fps; Per Aspera isn't a fast paced game anyway, so i'm good with a performance value like this.
high rated
MichaelFurlong: Top question: how do we deal with the whole geomagnetic field vs solar wind issue? It's what many seem to ignore.
It's not exactly my domain, but from what I understand the loss of atmosphere is pretty much irrelevant on human timescales (say hundreds or even thousands of years). It takes a bit longer to create a human-usable atmosphere and once accomplished it will require constant maintenance, but the losses should be rather insignificant compared to effort in having created it in the first place.

Of course, should civilization collapse whoever is on Mars has a problem, but their survival chances should still be higher than anywhere else off-earth since the place should remain habitable long enough for a new emergent civilization having a decent shot at fixing the problems before things become terminal.