It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stretch your legs, clean your whiskers, and dive into a "point-and-lick" comedy-noir adventure, full of humor, crazy characters, and intriguing locations. Nine Noir Lives is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
I liked Irony Curtain, Chook & Sosig and Gibbous. Nine Noir Lives might be another title I'll enjoy, when I want to play a point & click game. So wishlisted.
Hilarious!

This is about the second upcoming title in a short time I would instantly buy! The other is Timerborn. No questions asked, take my money!
Post edited February 17, 2021 by Mori_Yuki
Scenery has a certain attention to details that fits me very much.
Is this GOG version going to have Achievements like the Steam version does, or no?

I really wish GOG would make this point 100% clear when they announce "coming soon" games.

They just need to add some texts to the store page that either says something like "Achievements will be added by the release date" or "Achievements will not be added."
Shame the in game visuals can't even come close to that fantastic cover art by Ilya Royz.

Also I hope the in game voice acting (if there even is any) is better than the trailer, that was a pretty poor attempt at noir narration.
Post edited February 18, 2021 by ReynardFox
ReynardFox: Shame the in game visuals can't even come close to that fantastic cover art by Ilya Royz.

Also I hope the in game voice acting (if there even is any) is better than the trailer, that was a pretty poor attempt at noir narration.
There is in-game voice acting and it is actually very good. You had better like it because else you will not enjoy this game very much. Having just played the demo, 52 minutes and it was talk-talk-talk, some interaction with items and NPC, followed by more talk-talk-talk followed by even more talk just for good measure, with little else to do but watch and listen. The dialogs themselves? I found them to be rather boring and not funny at all as has been the situation I was put in. There are references being made to another well known game in the form of a certain character trying to sell you boats, something with 3 headed monkeys, that Caribbean island somewhere, pirates, you know which I mean. Though as opposed to Stan this one isn't in the least funny when you first meet him. Not that this character I'm talking about is supposed to be funny in any way. Rather the opposite.

I guess this means scratch what I said about instabuy. I will put it on my Wishlist and keep an eye on it.
ReynardFox: Shame the in game visuals can't even come close to that fantastic cover art by Ilya Royz.

Mori_Yuki: There is in-game voice acting and it is actually very good. You had better like it because else you will not enjoy this game very much. Having just played the demo, 52 minutes and it was talk-talk-talk, some interaction with items and NPC, followed by more talk-talk-talk followed by even more talk just for good measure, with little else to do but watch and listen. The dialogs themselves? I found them to be rather boring and not funny at all as has been the situation I was put in. There are references being made to another well known game in the form of a certain character trying to sell you boats, something with 3 headed monkeys, that Caribbean island somewhere, pirates, you know which I mean. Though as opposed to Stan this one isn't in the least funny when you first meet him. Not that this character I'm talking about is supposed to be funny in any way. Rather the opposite.

I guess this means scratch what I said about instabuy. I will put it on my Wishlist and keep an eye on it.
Not the most glowing of first impressions, really takes a deft hand to pull off a game like this effectively, not something that any old indie can do. I'll definitely check out the demo for myself at least.
Mori_Yuki: There is in-game voice acting and it is actually very good. You had better like it because else you will not enjoy this game very much. Having just played the demo, 52 minutes and it was talk-talk-talk, some interaction with items and NPC, followed by more talk-talk-talk followed by even more talk just for good measure, with little else to do but watch and listen. The dialogs themselves? I found them to be rather boring and not funny at all as has been the situation I was put in. There are references being made to another well known game in the form of a certain character trying to sell you boats, something with 3 headed monkeys, that Caribbean island somewhere, pirates, you know which I mean. Though as opposed to Stan this one isn't in the least funny when you first meet him. Not that this character I'm talking about is supposed to be funny in any way. Rather the opposite.

ReynardFox: Not the most glowing of first impressions, really takes a deft hand to pull off a game like this effectively, not something that any old indie can do. I'll definitely check out the demo for myself at least.
Yours may be more favorable than mine so please share when you are finished playing it. :-)

Visuals, quality of dialogs, voice acting, great job there. I must admit that it is a little unfair to critique the huge amount of dialog, considering that it's a short demo where there can't be 20 scenes in between long dialogs or soliloquy. It's likely that it will feel different about this when playing the release version.

What didn't work for me was humor. I don't underestimate the challenge to get it right. Even without I can still see myself enjoy playing it. Based on my impression I just wouldn't likely buy it once it hits the stores.

Add. Here is my playthrough May help those not willing to install Steam getting an impression of the game.
Post edited February 18, 2021 by Mori_Yuki
Definitely wishlisted it. Looks enjoyable.
Mori_Yuki: Add. Here is my playthrough May help those not willing to install Steam getting an impression of the game.
Ok, I think I know why you found the dialogue boring and not funny, and I agree, that was actually a bit of a slog to watch, but thanks for the upload.

I think the problem is twofold, the actual script is not great, it's pretty dry and dialogues are often too verbose for what they are saying, and the delivery from the actors is... inconsistent at best. Most of the cast (but especially the protagonist who perpetually sounds like someone who just got out of bed) draw out already too wordy lines, too slowly, with frequent small pauses and over-emphasizing of syllables, sounding lethargic and detached, more like they're reading a speech to a crowd first thing in the morning than characters naturally emoting or conversing.

When you combine lackadaisical acting with lots of dry dialogue... the whole thing just becomes tiresome.
I don't think I will ever not be weirded out by furry.
Mori_Yuki: Add. Here is my playthrough May help those not willing to install Steam getting an impression of the game.
ReynardFox: Ok, I think I know why you found the dialogue boring and not funny, and I agree, that was actually a bit of a slog to watch, but thanks for the upload.

I think the problem is twofold, the actual script is not great, it's pretty dry and dialogues are often too verbose for what they are saying, and the delivery from the actors is... inconsistent at best. Most of the cast (but especially the protagonist who perpetually sounds like someone who just got out of bed) draw out already too wordy lines, too slowly, with frequent small pauses and over-emphasizing of syllables, sounding lethargic and detached, more like they're reading a speech to a crowd first thing in the morning than characters naturally emoting or conversing.

When you combine lackadaisical acting with lots of dry dialogue... the whole thing just becomes tiresome.
Yes. It's too wordy. The main problem is that you are able to click thru dialogs and miss some important information. There are also scenes you can't skip, the one where his secretary leaves the room to open a parcel containing seeds while he stands around in his office doing nothing, for one. That's the little things I really don't like to see in any adventure.

I think it could be funny if there was some sort of connection to, or familiarity with, characters or the setting. A reference to other funny line or reference to some well known lighthearted adventures doesn't do very much to make itself anymore fun to play or any funnier when it isn't.